11th June 2010, 10:05 PM
bahelkanika

How to prepare for m.sc or m.tech in environmental field?

i am a student of delhi college of engineering,i am doing B.E in environmental engineering,jst finished my 2nd year..i wnt to do further studies in environmental engineering..what should i do to prepare for m.sc or M.tech…n also shud i study in india only or its better to go abroad

Related Questions:
  1. Can I apply for GATE for M.Tech Environmental course?
  2. In which MSc course should I take admission? Which is better between MSc Environmental Study and MSc Biotechnology?
  3. What is the procedure followed for getting admission for M.Sc in utkal university at environmental science? -- [New]
  4. Reputed Colleges in Karnataka offering M.Sc in Environmental Science? What are the available Diploma Programs in Environmental Science?
  5. What is the eligibility criteria for assistant professor? I have scored 71% marks in Environmental Engineering
  6. Carrer options after B.Sc(Hons.) in chemistry
  7. Can I appear for GATE in Mathematics stream if I am pursuing B.E in Computer Science stream?
  8. List of branches which are there in M.Tech? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. What is the scope of Ph.D Environmental Science?
  10. List of software engineering branches available for GATE in IIT's for M.Tech?
  11. How to get a job in a Core Company? What are the requirements and how should one prepare?
  12. What to do after completing MSc Environmental science
  13. How to study M.Tech in Environmental after completing Msc in Environmental Science?
  14. Is Algappa University distance education recognized by UGC?
  15. What kind of jobs I can get in Bangalore after completion of M.Sc Environmental Science course?
  16. How can I prepare for GATE after completing MSc in Environmental Science and Technology? I am interested in doing M.Tech/M.E
  17. Which are the good colleges for M.Tech in any trade of electronics?
  18. List of colleges available for doing M.Tech after completing B.Tech with 54% marks?
13th June 2010, 03:15 AM
garg.satish0
Senior Member++++

Default Re: How to prepare for m.sc or m.tech in environmental field?

dear friend ,
the most recommended entrance test for higher educations are cat,mat and iit-jam but in all of these you won't be able to find such a branch ,
so you can look for some universities (including your's one ) for such a course applicability and availability .

some of these colleges and universities are
1, jawaharlal nehru university,delhi
2.IGNOU,delhi
3rajasthan university

hope your doubt to be solved.
feel free to post as many doubts as you can , we are here to solve your doubts as much as possible

regards
~satish
13th June 2010, 08:36 AM
jicks

Hi,

You can do M.Tech after completing your B.E

It is totally a different stream of science, which is vital/ or need of the day.

Today everyone is talking about environmental pollution, global warming and all.

You are all the right persons who guard this pollution.
Scope in India:

You can apply for Central/STate Govt. exams conducted by Pollution Control Board.

Many Companies ( Indian and International) offers high salary

1.Alsthom, Kolkata
2.Hydro air Tectonics
3.Frischmann Prabhu, Mumbai
4.Hallmark Infrastructre pvt. ltd., Tamilnadu
5.Honewell , Karnataka

You can continue your M.Tech here, and go abroad for job.
Many companies from UK/Europe/Gulf offers lucrative salary there

Best of Luck........
13th June 2010, 03:32 PM
lonelyryan

dear freind here is full deatil of msc in environment....please go through it...

Environment is the base of the life form on the earth. It helps in sustaining any type of life- micro or macro and hence providing all type of basic needs to them. It provides food and shelter to the life forms and hence it is very important to protect this environment from destruction. But indiscriminate act of mankind has promoted threat to the environment. Hence a post graduate course is offered in Master Degree of Environmental Science is offered. It is an MSc degree course offered in various institutes of India.

Eligibility

A candidate is considered eligible for the degree course in environmental Science if he or she is a graduate in any science discipline preferably biology or environment from any recognized university of India. The minimum marks required for admission is 50%. There is no age bar.

Course Outlook

The 2 year MSc course is offered in Environmental Science with a target to train a group of experienced person in environmental matters who can assist the various environmental projects and helps in preservation of environment while assisting the job of proper utilization of environment for human utilization.

Job prospect

There are lots of job prospect in the environmental field. A person who has earned the post graduate degree course in MSc in environmental Science, they gets lucrative job offers from government and private sector with a good pay scale. The job is basically research and academic oriented but few job also includes field work and assistance and consultation.

Best Place to Pursue

• Kamaraj University, Madurai
• Delhi University
28th June 2010, 10:15 AM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Dear friend,

Graduates of Environmental Engineering program can find jobs in many fields.
One can be a researcher, a designer, a planner, an operator of pollution control facilities, a professor, a government regulatory agency official, a manager of programs.

After M.Tech you will have much better opportunities.

There are many institutes offering M.tech in environmental engg.:

Indian Institutes of Technology,
Birla institute of Technology,
National Institutes of Technology,
Institute of Technology (Banaras Hindu University),
College of Engineering and Technology (Anna University).

For joining IITs you have to crack the GATE exam.

All the best!
3rd July 2010, 01:19 AM
Unregistered

Sir wat is the scope for IT BRANCH students in enviornment field.
5th July 2010, 12:51 PM
Unregistered

sir wat is the scope form m.sc. students in enviorment science
11th February 2011, 07:56 AM
G-rocks
Senior Member++

hiii

to prepare for m.sc or m.tech in environmental field
the most recommended entrance test for higher educations are cat,mat and iit-jam but in all of these you won't be able to find such a branch ,
so you can look for some universities (including your's one ) for such a course applicability and availability .
some of these colleges and universities are
1, jawaharlal nehru university,delhi
2.IGNOU,delhi
3rajasthan university
10th March 2011, 04:10 PM
Unregistered

sir I m doing B.E. in biotechnology . I want to do M.tech , which field I would prefer environmental science or food technology to get job easily
6th December 2011, 05:31 PM
Unregistered

i want to take a job in gujarat pollution control board .
i'm doing my m.tech in chemical engg. with spatialixation of industrial pollution abatement .
so is there any scope for m.tech people to take a job in pollution control board and wat is the criteria for taking a job in this?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?