21st July 2011, 10:46 PM
Hbkhari

How to prepare for the Railway Entrance Exam?

Hi,sir/madam am studying computer science engineering 2nd year....i have interest to work in railways department..so please provide me a idea of how to prepare ??

22nd July 2011, 10:44 AM
rana2011
Banned

Default Re: How to prepare for the Railway Entrance Exam?

It is very difficult to say that how you will prepare to crack Railway Entrance Exam .But you may follow these options:

*Everyday 5 to 6 hours study is must.

*You have to give special attention to the part in which they are really weak.
Practice math , physics and chemistry problem a lots.

*And practice model question papers from good books. so it will take time.

you may also join in one coaching institution for preparation , they provide you very good study material and also good model papers.

Best of luck.
22nd July 2011, 01:55 PM
vyshnavig6

hi,if u wanted to be recruted in railway,u have to attend the railway recruitement board examinations (RRB) depending on ur qualification.If u are a engineering graduate try to attend for the IES exam.in IES the top rankers are recriuted in IES.
22nd July 2011, 03:18 PM
ayusharma.3

The Railway Entrance exam is held every year to recruit candidates into the Indian Railways. This exam is held every year usually in the month of august to recruit candidates as the Special Class Railway Apprentices or most commonly known as SCRA. Candidates who are interested in pursuing a career in the Indian Railways can appear for this exam.
Eligibility for Railway Entrance Exam

First and foremost Railway Entrance Exam is applicable only for citizens of India. Subject of Nepal, Bhutan or refugee of Tibet whose family is settled in India since 1962, January 1st or individuals migrated to the pre determined list of countries, which are of Indian origin.

To appear for Railway Entrance Exam the candidate must be within the age group of 17 to 20 years as of August on the year of examination. However there are relations in the upper age limit for the scheduled casts, Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Classes and certain other categories as denoted by the Government of India. The maximum age is relaxed by five years for scheduled caste and scheduled tribe candidates and three years in case of other backward classes.

As far as educational qualification is concerned, the candidate should have secured first or second division in the Intermediate or any examination that is equivalent to the Intermediate of a Board or University which is recognized by the Government of India. It is mandatory that the student must have studies Mathematics and at least physics or chemistry as one of the subjects for the examination. Candidates who have passed their higher secondary exam with a first or second division and with Mathematics and at least Physics and Chemistry as subjects can also appear for this exam. Other than this, the students who are graduates with Mathematics and at least Physics or Chemistry as their subjects in degree can apply for the examination.
Application Process for Railway Entrance Exam

The details about the application form and process is published in most leading newspapers and employment news. A candidate wanting to appear for Railway Entrance Exam must pay a fee of Rs.50 though the central recruitment fee stamp available at the post offices. The application form can be bought from all post offices in India for Rs 20. This form is available with the information brochure and an acknowledgement form and envelop. All Application forms need to be duly filled and the requisite certificates duly attached and sent across to the concerned department before the last.
Exam Schedule for Railway Entrance Exam

There are two parts to the Railway Entrance Exam, the written exam is of a maximum of 600 marks with is the General Ability test which includes English, General Knowledge and Psychological test and test in Physical sciences which includes Physics and Chemistry and the last paper in Mathematics.

The part two of the exam consists of the personality test which is the maximum of 200 marks. Only the students who have cleared the written exam are eligible to take up this exam.
22nd July 2011, 11:22 PM
Unregistered

sir.......
I have completed my B.Tech..... if i want to write railway exam what shall i do sir???? please inform me about the railway exam........

Thank you
With regards,
Sindhu
27th July 2011, 04:36 PM
Unregistered

how to prepare for railway exam
9th August 2011, 02:36 PM
Unregistered

i am a commerce student , can i apply for railway exam? if yes how to apply?
9th August 2011, 06:54 PM
vikasmanoj

There are many civil service exams ,all the eligibility and courses offered and timetable are available in the below website.
http://www.upscexam.com
All the best for ur bright future
25th September 2011, 08:51 PM
Unregistered

Respeced sir,
i am studing 12th now.& i am intresting in Railway enterance exam,for Engineering please send information about application,timetabale,job,exame, place of exame & collages & other deitails. my email add [email protected]
15th January 2012, 07:11 PM
Unregistered

respected sir,
i am doing bsc home science. i am intresting in railway jab. please sir tell me how to prepaire enterance exam, and give some information about railway job.
19th January 2012, 11:21 AM
Unregistered

Which books available for railway nurse RRB Exams and what is the style of papers
21st March 2012, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

I am Diploma holder in E&C,from which book i should study for the Railway Exam?
31st March 2012, 11:07 AM
Unregistered

Is there any coaching center in Punjab for the preparation of railway entrance exam?
31st May 2012, 01:11 PM
Unregistered

hi my name is my can u plz tell me which book should i refer for preparing exam
31st October 2012, 04:12 PM
Unregistered

Hi Sir, I am B.com pursuing student and want to go in railways from Commerce side. Is there any other exams preferred for commerce student to in government sector
3rd July 2013, 08:42 PM
Unregistered

hi im currently pursuing MBA and I would like to know if I can apply for rrb xams??
21st August 2013, 06:31 PM
maruthidevi

It is very difficult to say that how you will prepare to crack Railway Entrance Exam .But you may follow these options:

*Everyday 5 to 6 hours study is must.

*You have to give special attention to the part in which they are really weak.
Practice math , physics and chemistry problem a lots.

*And practice model question papers from good books. so it will take time.

you may also join in one coaching institution for preparation , they provide you very good study material and also good model papers.

Best of luck.
9th September 2013, 05:06 PM
piki05

[QUOTE=rana2011;947910]It is very difficult to say that how you will prepare to crack Railway Entrance Exam .But you may follow these options:

Railway Recruitment Boards (RRB) Entrance Exams are
carried out for screening candidates for the purpose
of recruiting them to various positions available in the Railway Department of India. It is one of the
Government sector undertakings offering numerous job openings for young talents with good academic
q
ualifications. A rank list will be put up based of the marks scored in the entrance exam. Aspirants in the top of
the list are most likely to get placed in this promising sector.
Structure of RRB Entrance Exams
The exam comprises of 4 sections including Ge
neral Awareness, Analytical and Quantitative Skills, General
Arithmetic and Language General Hindi/General English. Multiple choices will be provided for each question.
There will be 120 questions for this test. The time allotted for this test will be 90 m
inutes.
Syllabus of RRB Entrance Exams
General Awareness
Important Events
Important Days
Current Affairs
Politics
Sports
Cinema
Books and Authors
Analytical and Quantitative Skills
Data Interpretation
Series problems
Age problems
Data Insufficiency
Arrangement problems
General Arithmetic
HCF
LCM
Interest
Time and Distance
Profit and Loss
Language General Hindi/General English
Vocabulary
Comprehension
Sentence correction
Paragraph Rearrangement
Reference Books for RRB Entrance Exams
Encyclopedia of
General Knowledge and General Awareness by Ravi Chopra
Encyclopedia of General Knowledge and General Awareness by Verma
Quantitative Aptitude by R S Aggarwal
General English by Abul Hashem
General English for Competitions by Ravi Chopra
General English for
Competitive Examinations by Gopalan R Rajagopalan
Objective General Hindi by Dr S Pandey
General Hindi 2,600 Objective Questions By G K Puri
Study Plan for RRB Entrance Exams
Aspirants who wish to get placed in Indian Railways have to clear RRB entrance exam with good marks as
there will be very tight competition to get into this organisation.
The aspirants should be ready with a proper study plan well before the
commencement
of this entrance test.
They are advised to refer standard text books that will enable them to clear this exam with good marks. Good
coaching centers are also available which will provide good assistance for clearing this exam.
The aspirants should be care
ful enough to cover up the entire core areas included in the test. They should
practice similar questions by giving importance to time management. Books comprising previous question
papers and solutions will be available in almost all book shops. They shou
ld refer such books as early as
possible and get an overall idea about the pattern of the test. They will also get idea about the important and
repeated questions while referring these books.
Re: What is the mains syllabus of Railway group D written exam
?
FRIEND,
RAILWAY exams are conducted by RAILWAY RECRUITMENT BOARD and the exam is conducted for the exams of Class
I,II,III officers.
13th September 2013, 08:10 PM
Unregistered

rekha gwala roll no 12104014031427 centrr
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?