18th March 2012, 12:17 PM
Unregistered

How to prepare for Railway entrance exam? I am doing B.E final year in computer science branch

respected sir,
my question is that how to prepare railway exam? acctualy i am doing BE final year and my branch is computer science.

Related Questions:
  1. How to apply for Railway Jobs pursuing final year of BE in CSE? How to prepare for the respective Exams?
  2. How to prepare for IES entrance exam while studying B.Tech first year in Computer Science?
  3. How to prepare for the Railway Entrance Exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. How to prepare for GATE Exam in Computer Science stream? Study Materials and Previous year Question Papers to prepare for this Exam?
  5. How to prepare for railway entrance exam? Books to be referred?
  6. Can I be eligible for section engineer post in Railway? I am doing B.E in IT branch
  7. Books to be referred for competitive exams like Railway for ECE branch?
  8. How to prepare for TANCET exam after doing final year BSc Computer Science?
  9. What are the government jobs available in Railway sector? I am a final year student of B.Tech in Computer Science and Technology
  10. How to apply for Crime Branch Exams and Railway Exams being a Diploma holder in Computer Science and pursuing 3rd year of CSE?
  11. When is the Indian Railway Entrance exam? What is the syllabus and eligibility?
  12. How to prepare for railway junior engineering after passing B.Tech 3rd year in ECE branch?
  13. When to get forms for Railway Mail Service Exam being a candidate of pursuing final year of Engineering in IT?
  14. Can I apply for government jobs related to my branch of Computer Science during final year?
  15. How can I prepare for GATE entrance exam? I am a 3rd year computer science student
  16. List of entrance exams to study MCA in India for B.Sc(Computer Science) final year candidate?
  17. How can I prepare to crack JNU PhD entrance exam? Computer Science syllabus for preparation? -- [New]
  18. Can I get any government or railway job after passing B.E computer science
20th April 2012, 06:52 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to prepare for Railway entrance exam? I am doing B.E final year in computer science branch

You should prepare well for Railway entrance exam. Since you are a B.E graduate, you can apply for technical positions like Assistant Engineer, Junior Engineer, Section engineer etc in Railways. Hence you should be thorough with basic technical concepts in engineering. Apart from this, you will also be tested in subject areas such as Logical Reasoning, Quantitative ability, General awareness, English skills etc. You need to refer model question papers and other standard books like Upkars RRB Exam, Upkars Railway Recruitment Board Examination Technical Cadre books, RS Agarwal (Verbal & Non Verbal reasoning) books etc. You should also develop your skills in time management. You can also attend mock tests.
18th April 2015, 08:26 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to prepare for Railway entrance exam? I am doing B.E final year in computer science branch

How to prepare for uttarakhand pwd 2015 exam for junior engineer in civil??
19th April 2015, 07:34 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Railway entrance examinations are held for the selection of technical and non – technical cadres in railway. The UPSC as well as the Central Government conducts the examinations for the recruitment of the candidates for various posts.

Railway selection procedure is divided into two sections first is written test and second one is interview.

Railway written examination consist four parts:

General Awareness
Arithmetic Ability
Technical Ability
Test of Reasoning

Some tips to prepare for the railway entrance exam are as under:-

-Collection of data is a more important part of any examination. The candidate can acquire the study material by previously held examination, collect the latest books of competition, and consult with those who already crack this exam and increase their knowledge.

-General awareness plays a vital role to get high score in railway exam because it is an important part of the syllabus.So candidates need to read magazine, news paper and GK books to improve their GA.

-At the time of interview,the candidate’s confidence is judged. So candidate needs to do preparation for group discussion. Practicing for GD will enhance face confidence and positive attitude. The candidate English skills must be good because in Personal Interview the candidates are checked on the basis of their communication skills and get the marks according to their performance.

There are some books which can help you in better preparation for the exam.These books are:

Upkar Railway Recruitment Board Examination (Khanna & Verma)
Arithmetic (R.s Aggarwal)
Quicker reasoning test (Upkar publication)
English Grammar (Wren & martin)
Railway Recruitment Board Exam (Upkar Publication)
Special class Railway Apprentice (Upkar Publication)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?