29th June 2016, 01:11 PM
surbhi.singh7050458627

Can I prepare for Railway exams without taking any coaching class?

Hi,
I want to clear the Railway exam. But I can't join any coaching class due to my financial problems. So can I prepare myself for Railway exams without any coaching class? Please reply as soon as possible.

30th June 2016, 04:24 PM
Khurit
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I prepare for Railway exams without taking any coaching class?

You can prepare for the Railway exams without going to coaching class. You must learn the tricks by your own self. Tricks help you in solving questions easily. Like other government exams, railway exams having 5 subjects.

Subjects are:-

1. Aptitude
2.Reasoning
3.English
4. General Awareness
5. Computer Applications.

To get into the railway job you must pass the exam & interview. If you study daily around 6-7 hours then you can crack the exam but concentration is very important to study for such long hours. Books which you can buy for your study.

1. R.S Aggrawal
2. M.K.Pandey
3. Nem Singh
4. Abhijit Guha
5. P Gupta
6. Railway Competitive Exam Books
30th June 2016, 07:40 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

It is possible to self preparation and crack railway entrance examination without any difficulty. It requires only practice to clear this examination.

Just follow given below books and practice as much as possible, you can crack railway examination in first attempt:

1. Quantitative aptitude by R.S Aggarwal.

2. Verbal and Non verbal reasoning by R.S Aggarwal.

3. General Knowledge by Lucent.

4. General English by Lucent and Word Power Made easy.

5. Previous year papers of Railway entrance exams.
30th June 2016, 09:30 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Yes without joining any coaching classes you can also qualify Railway exams. But you need to study hard for this.
Coaching classes shows the right path and right way to study. You should study with the help of practice sets and previous papers.
You myst have to remember more and more GK but to the point as it is the base point of any examination. Read continuously and give your best.
30th June 2016, 10:10 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Yes of course you can prepare for Indian Railway exams with self preparation. But it is all depends on their self ability. You just have a look at the previous question papers. There by you will get maximum idea about they way you can prepare.

After that prepare a notes on each and every concept individually. It will enhance the knowledge finally. More over as per the weight age of the questions you just prepare a chart.

But about coaching classes it will create a pressure there by you will easily get into the competition. About the tricks and tips you can see it in different websites of Railway exams.
30th June 2016, 11:38 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

There are many coaching institutions who provide correspondence material for various competitive exams which are way cheaper than usual regular courses.

You can surely prepare without coaching classes but it needs a lot of discipline from your side. You have to study regularly according to syllabus and solve sample papers from time to time to evaluate yourself.
30th June 2016, 11:49 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Yes, why not, railways exams are not tough what this exam requires to clear is enough practice on topics like Aptitude, General awareness, knowledge, reasoning and English. In railway examinations, question from these areas are asked. There are different books available in market for these topics. But recommended books are:

>>Aptitude by Arun Sharma.

>>English by Arihant.

>>Verbal and non verbal reasoning by R.S Aggarwal.

>>General knowledge and awareness by Lucent.

Read daily newspaper and work hard on basics then do sufficient practice by solving previous years paper, you can easily crack this exam with self preparation.
16th January 2018, 03:31 PM
jyotishah976

Quote:
Originally Posted by surbhi.singh7050458627 View Post
Hi,
I want to clear the Railway exam. But I can't join any coaching class due to my financial problems. So can I prepare myself for Railway exams without any coaching class? Please reply as soon as possible.

Yes, you can definitely prepare for Railway Exams without coaching. Follow the tips and tricks provided below and crack the exam in 1st attempt.

1. Know the syllabus properly.
2. Effective time management should be there.
3. Get the excellent study material
4. Stay updated with the latest RRB Exam Dates and Notifications.
5. Try to memorize formulas and short tricks on fingertips.
6. Don't forget to revise the topics you have studied.
7. Get Best Books for Railway Exams.
Arithmetic - R.S Agarwal
Verbal and Non Verbal Reasoning- R.S Agarwal
Reasoning Test- R.S Agarwal
Railway Recruitment Board Exam- Upkar Publication
Upkar Railway Recruitment Board Exam- Khanna & Verma
Traffic Apprentice Editorial Board- Pratiyogita Darpan

8. Stay stress-free.
9. Practice mock tests.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?