29th January 2013, 10:41 PM
rameshngc90

How to prepare for SBI PO entrance exam?

Hi sir i want to write sbi po exam, but i didn't start preparation till now. so can you please explain how to prepare for that exams within three months.

7th February 2013, 02:03 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to prepare for SBI PO entrance exam?

You need to practice questions on comprehension, grammar and vocabulary to clear English language section. General Awareness, Marketing, Computers, Reasoning, Data Analysis and Interpretation are other areas you need to prepare for the exam. You can dedicate one month to understand each topics and to do problems related to same. 2nd month should be dedicated for doing (maximum number) previous year question papers. 3rd month should be fixed for revising and practicing model questions.
7th February 2013, 04:29 PM
Unregistered

Hi sir i want to write sbi po exam, but i didn't start preparation till now. so can you please explain how to prepare for that exams within three months.
8th February 2013, 07:40 AM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: How to prepare for SBI PO entrance exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshngc90 View Post

How to prepare for SBI Bank PO

To appear for the Probationary Officer's Exam of SBI Bank..a candidate must have the following minimum qualifications :-

>> candidate must be within the age limit of 21-30 years..(age relaxation for various categories as per government norms)

>> candidate must have completed graduation from a recognized institute in any stream(percentage no bar)

The candidates shall be tested on the following topics :-

>> General Awareness
>> Logical Reasoning
>> Reading Comprehension
>> Quantitative Aptitude
>> English Language

Refer to the following books for your preparations for the exam :-

The forms for the SBI Bank PO are available from 30th January,2013 to 23rd February,2013

For more details about the exam you can Click Here

all the best..

With Warm Regards
Nitz
8th February 2013, 06:58 PM
helper1

dear friend,

In the SBI PO entrance exam has been conducted by the SBI bank .

SBI PO entrance exam syllabus :

1. Reasoning
2.general studies
3.general knowledge
4. Aptitude
5. English comprehension etc

so you need to be prepare these entrance exam syllabus for the SBI PO Job post

BOOKS FOR SBI PO JOB POST ':

1. R.s Quantitative aptitude book
2. R.S Verbal or non-verbal reasoning book
3. General knowledge magazine current affairs
4. English comprehension book

so you can prepare from these best books for the SBI PO entrance exam for good marks..

thank you!
8th February 2013, 07:05 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

SBI PO exams is scheduled for 28th April 2013

Questions will be asked from the below sections in the SBI PO exams:
Test of English Language (Grammar, Vocabulary, Comprehension etc)
Test of General Awareness, Marketing and Computers
Test of Data Analysis and Interpretation
Test of Reasoning (High Level)

For Preparation refer to the below books:
A New Approach to Reasoning Verbal and Non-Verbal by BS Sijwali, Indu Sijwal
Quantitative Aptitude For Competitive Examinations by R. S. Aggarwal
General Aptitude: Quantitative Aptitude & Reasoning for Competitive Examinations by G K P
9th February 2013, 05:32 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Ramesh,

The State Bank Of India has recently announced that it is going to conduct a PO Examination on 28-04-2013 for the post of 1500 POs.

The Online Registration Of Application Can be done in between 30-01-2013 to 28-02-2013.

First of all you have to clear that are you eligible for the Bank PO Exam or not .

The Qualifications that you require to be eligible are :

a) you must have completed your graduation in nay stream from any recognized college/university.

b) Your age should lie in between 21-30 years [General Category].

c) For OBC Category : 21-33 years.

d) For SC/ST Category : 21-35 years.

If you fulfill the above mentioned , then you are eligible for the exam , the next thing is that you should know that the examination consists of 200 objective type questions from 5 different subjects :

* General Awareness

* Quantitative Aptitude

* Verbal And Non - Verbal Reasoning

* English

* Computer / Marketing

50 questions are asked from each subjects separately and 1 mark is given for each correct answer.

1/4 marks are deducted if you have answered a question wrongly.

The duration of the time is 2 and 1/2 hours.

Tips That You Should Follow :

a) For General Awareness , just visit http://www.jagranjosh.com as in this section out of the 50 questions 40 questions are from current affairs of the previous six months.

b) Maths : Must read Quicker Maths by M.Tyra and learn the tricks to solve the answers quickly.

c) English : read The Comprehension twice carefully and underline the topics that you think are the interesting as the questions are usually asked from those topics only.

Rest the two subjects are quite easy and just need a regular preparation to crack.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
12th February 2013, 12:23 PM
Unregistered

plz sugest me how can i prepare descriptive paper?
13th February 2013, 09:51 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: How to prepare for SBI PO entrance exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshngc90 View Post
Hi

SBI - State Bank of India has come up with a huge 1500 vacancies for the Probationary Officer recruitment. This is a golden opportunities for all those who have passed out in the year 2012 and before. In the first place only let me make it very clear that the FINAL YEAR students this year, i.e who are expecting to pass out in May/June 2013 ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO APPLY FOR THIS Process of Recruitment.

Now as far as the preparation for this is concerned, let me first introduce you to the Paper Pattern that is offered in this process.
SBI PO Paper has two set of questions. APTITUDE + DESCRIPTIVE. In the Aptitude Section there are 4 sub sections :

Quantitative Aptitude
General English
Logical Reasoning + Data Interpretation
Marketing and Computer Knowledge

Each of them would have 50 questions each of 1 mark each taking the total to 200 MARKS for the Aptitude Section.

In the Descriptive, you would have to handle comprehension, Paragraph writing, Letter writing and questions like this. This would consist of 50 marks. And so the GRAND TOTAL MARKS WOULD BE 250. So whatever you score in this exam would be calculated out of this.

Specifically for the English and General Awareness Section I would recommend reading NEWSPAPERS on regular basis. This is very essential as it contains good English, good vocabulary, and all the awareness thats happening around in the world. This would serve 2 purposes and is really beneficial.

For the Maths aptitude I would recommend R.S Aggarwal book for you. Its available in the market for 300 odd Rs. You can buy and it can be easily done and practices in 3 months time provided you spend regular time for it and practice it following a disciplined routine.

For the Marketing and Computer Knowledge, I would recommend some books for you. Kindly Click Here to visit the website for online purchase. There would be many and you can purchase the one which you find is the best according to you. All of these would have the latest matter and questions which you need to learn and practice and in fact memorize even for immediate answering during the exam.

Its really a dream job and all the applicants are preparing tough. I urge you to make use of these 3 months to the fullest and practice as much as you can. This is because the test would be of 2 hours for the Quantitative section consisting of 200 Questions ! So you need to be real fast in answering and that too accurately.
Manage your time well and do not waste any. I am sure you would be able to make it.

All the best
Regards
RANJEET
9th May 2013, 02:01 PM
Unregistered

if we are preparing for reserve bank of india po can we crack state bank of india po and also clerk?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?