5th August 2010, 01:57 PM
Motilal Ahire

How to prepare for SET exam in History? Syllabus and the books to be referred?

Dear Sir/Mam,

I Have done M.A in History ,I want Prepare To set exam. will you give me lest which booke's& syllabus to Help me?wher i will get this ,how to prepare for next exam?

Thank's&Regard's
Ahiremh
[email protected]

2nd September 2011, 11:22 PM
princestk

Default Re: How to prepare for SET exam in History? Syllabus and the books to be referred?

In the state of Maharashtra, the University Grants Commission (UGC) has authorized the University of Pune as the state agency for conducting the SET examination.

Maharashtra SET examination is conducted in 29 different subjects and the examination has three papers.

Paper I, which is common for candidates belonging to all groups, is to test the teaching and research aptitude of the candidates. This paper will have objective type questions which include questions from communication, reading comprehension, logical reasoning, etc…

Paper II, differs according to the subject taken up by the candidates from the 29 different subjects. This paper will also have objective type questions from the master's degree acquired by the candidate.

Paper I and II will have 50 objective type questions and these papers are conducted for 100 marks each for duration of 75 minutes each.

Paper III will also differ according to the master's degree of the candidates and this paper will have short and long answer questions from the subject taken up in the master's degree by the candidates. Paper III is conducted for a duration of two hours and thirty minutes for a total of 200 marks.

Recently, the structure of paper III has been revised. According to revised pattern, paper III will have 26 questions, which are divided into four sections. The details of the sections are given below:

Section I: Here, five questions will be asked from the given paragraph and the candidate will be required to write for a length of 30 words each. For this section, the total mark allotted is 25.

Section II: This section will have 15 questions for which the candidates has to answer in definitional format for a total of 75 marks.

Section III: This section is conducted for total of 60 marks and the candidates will have to answer 5 questions.

Section IV: This section will have one essay type question for 40 marks.

Some of the tips for preparing for the Maharashtra SET examination are given below:

1. It is better to practice with the previous year and sample papers. When practicing with the model question papers you can follow the tips given below:

Carefully study the questions and assess the choices given in the multiple
choices. Select the correct choice by using your reasoning ability. If you
practice the reasoning ability in the model papers, you will be able to do
well in the examination.

When preparing for the reading comprehension part, do not assume any
information, but use the information given in the paragraph alone.

2. Always begin with the topic in which you feel yourself comfortable during the process of preparation.

3. When preparing, read the topics as if you are reading a story book, this will enable you to memorize the concepts easily.

4. It is better to take short notes, while you are preparing for the examination, this will enable you to revise finally.

5. Each and every syllabus prescribed is equally important, so do not omit any chapter.

6. Try to revise the theoretical papers initially and then go for practical papers. This is because practicing the practical papers will be easier than theoretical papers.

Hope, the above-mentioned tips will be useful for you in preparing for your Maharashtra SET examination.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf history_SET syllabus.pdf(43.8 KB, 3479 views)
28th February 2012, 09:17 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to prepare for SET exam in History? Syllabus and the books to be referred?

sir/madam,i am bsc microbiolgy student.i want to prepare myself for net set exam now ,so can u tell me how i should prepare for this & which books i should reffered?
4th March 2012, 04:43 PM
Unregistered

plese tell me date of set exam now?
24th April 2012, 12:26 PM
Unregistered

Dear Sir/Mam,

I Have done M.sc in computer science 1st year ,I want Prepare To set & net exam. will you give me lest which booke's & syllabus to Help me? wher i will get this ,how to prepare for next exam?

Thank's&Regard's
Ashok
[email protected]
2nd August 2013, 12:35 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir/ Madam
I have just completed my PG in english and recently k-set exam calformed from Mysore University ..so i hv to prepare for that and i'm totally confused about to which books have to bring for preparation ...so plz give me ur best suggesation ..as much as early..i hope u will..
Thank u reagard
Devaraj.F.H [email protected]
23rd May 2014, 05:58 PM
Unregistered

I completed M.A in history .I want to know the syllabus o f history for set exam
4th July 2015, 01:19 PM
Unregistered

: How to prepare for NET/SET exam in History? Syllabus and the books to be referred?
Dear Sir/Mam,
I completed M.A in history from Nagpur University. I want to know the syllabus & reference books of history for Net/Set exam. I kindly request you to give me your best suggestion as possible as.....

Thanking u regard
[email protected]
16th September 2016, 12:55 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my p.g. i n history.Now I want to prepare for set exam.I want to know,which books should I prefer for study? And I want more detail information about paper I.
20th September 2016, 09:31 PM
Unregistered

Kindly give me detaiil informstion about SET EXAM(MAHARASHTRA).Hist Syallabus.Paper pattern etc
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?