2nd October 2011, 01:27 PM
gunjan guptaa

Syllabus for IES Exam? Which books to prepare for this Exam? How to prepare for this Exam?

I m a 3rd year B.tech student (ECE). m an average student but still wanna strt preparing for IES exam. i wanna know bou its syllabus ?? how to prepare for this exam , 2 hours of daily studying would help.? which subject to take up first ?? which buks to be referred ?? hope to get a detailed answer ..

Regards
Gunjan Gupta

5th October 2011, 01:48 AM
melwynjensen
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: Syllabus for IES Exam? Which books to prepare for this Exam? How to prepare for this Exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunjan guptaa View Post
I m a 3rd year B.tech student (ECE). m an average student but still wanna strt preparing for IES exam. i wanna know bou its syllabus ?? how to prepare for this exam , 2 hours of daily studying would help.? which subject to take up first ?? which buks to be referred ?? hope to get a detailed answer ..

Regards
Gunjan Gupta

TIPS TO PREPARE FOR IES EXAM

I have attached the syllabus ( plan of examination ), recommended book list and tips to prepare for IES exam in this post for your reference... kindly check it over.. hope it helps for your preparation...

POINTS TO NOTE :

-> I have also attached some of the previous year model papers of IES exam in this post for your reference... check it over.. if needed...

-> Preparing 2 hrs a day will be more than enough for IES preparation.. just look through that you concentrate well in that 2 hrs and prepare for the exam...

-> Try to prepare a schedule and follow it every day.. for eg. to cover one section or topic a day and follow it without fail...

-> Any more queries feel free to leave a post in our forum..

Quote:
"If you train hard, you'll not only be hard, you'll be hard to beat."
Attached Files
File Type: docx IES Plan of Examination.docx(15.3 KB, 203 views)
File Type: docx books for IES.docx(11.8 KB, 219 views)
File Type: docx IES Tips and things to remember.docx(11.9 KB, 182 views)
File Type: zip IES.zip(1,000.6 KB, 184 views)
5th October 2011, 02:00 AM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Syllabus for IES Exam? Which books to prepare for this Exam? How to prepare for this Exam?

Here is the list books,that you start can preparing for IES exam.

Network Analysis -Van Valkenburg
Electromagnetic -Willain H. Hayt
Electrical Machinery-PS Bhimra
Electrical Mach9ines -Nagrath & Kothari
Power System Engg. -Nagrath & Kothari
Electric Power Systems -CL Wadhwa
Automatic Control System -Benjamin C. Kuo
Control System Engg. -Nagrath & Gopal
Electrical & Electronic Measurement and Instrumentation -AK Sawhney
Integrated Electronics -Milman & Halkias
Millma & Grobel-Digital Logic & Computer Design- Morris Mano
Power Electronics -PS Bhimra

You can download here the syllabus of IES exam.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf SYLLABUS OF IES ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING PAPER.pdf(190.2 KB, 175 views)
3rd November 2011, 08:32 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Syllabus for IES Exam? Which books to prepare for this Exam? How to prepare for this Exam?

plz clear the date of S.I exam.
1st February 2012, 11:55 AM
Unregistered

Sir I am Matiur Rahman CIVIL Branch of 2'nd student.Sir I want to know how to prepare IES Exam and Which TYPE of book is suitable for us PLZ suggest sir .thank u
16th February 2012, 11:13 PM
Unregistered

Sir,after declaration of IES result ,What is the next procedure for a job?
4th August 2012, 01:40 PM
Unregistered

Sir i am the student of 2'nd mechanical.which books are prefer for the I.E.S exam
19th December 2012, 12:25 AM
Unregistered

hi. can any one provide me with list of prescribed book for ies ( electronics and communication engineering)
5th June 2013, 12:32 PM
Unregistered

hello, i want to know the syllabus for ies exam.my brach is electronics and communication,,,,,thanks in advance
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?