14th August 2012, 06:56 PM
Unregistered

How is the president elected?

How a president is elected.....please tell me the procedure for the same

17th March 2013, 09:49 AM
krrishh_002

Default Re: How is the president elected?

HI THERE,

THE PROCEDURE OF SELECTING A PRESIDENT IS NOT IN THE HANDS OF PEOPLE/CITIZENS.

IT IS DONE BY THE MEMBER OF PARLIAMENT or MPs.

THE TOTAL 283 MPs OF RAJYA SABHA IS GOING TO VOTE FOR THE NOMINATED CANDIDATES AND VOTES ARE COUNTED.

WHO EVER GOING TO GET MORE VOTES, HE'S THE PRESIDENT.

WHOLE PROCESS IS GOING TO BE HELD IN RAJYA SABHA ONLY PRIME MINISTER ALSO PART OF THE VOTING COMMUNITY.

PRESENTLY MOST OF THE MPs ARE FROM UPA ONLY SO IF THAT PARTY MEMBERS AGREE FOR PARTICULAR PERSON ITS ENOUGH FOR THEM TO MAKE A WINNER OF THERE CHIOCE.

THATS WHY PRANABH MUKHARJI IS PRESIDENT NOW.

HOPE YOU GOT MY WORDS!
18th March 2013, 07:20 AM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

The President Of The Country is elected by the Members Of Parliament.

Generally Contendors for the post of President are from the ruling party and the opposition party.

That very contendor is elected as the president who gets the favour from the majority of Members Of parliament.

That means , a voting is held amongst all the MPs including the Prime Minister and the menber getting the highest votes gets the crown of President.

Currently Pranab Mukherjee is the president of our nation India.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
18th March 2013, 12:37 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear There,

The President of India is the head of state of the Republic of India. The President is the formal head of the executive, legislature, and judiciary of India and is the commander-in-chief of the Indian Armed Forces.

Mr. Pranav Mukherjee is the current President of India.

The President of India is elected by the members of Parliament. The President of India is elected according to secret ballot by the system of proportional representation through single transferable vote.

The President of India is indirectly elected by the people through elected members of the Parliament of India as well as of the State Legislatures, and serves for a term of five years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?