19th August 2012, 10:59 PM
Unregistered

How should I face GD in ICICI Bank PO?

please help me.i want to known how to face a GROUP DISCUSSION

28th April 2015, 11:41 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How should I face GD in ICICI Bank PO?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
please help me.i want to known how to face a GROUP DISCUSSION
This is very much asked question from the students who are engaged in building their career in the Banking Industry. There is a type of fear among students about Group Discussion (GD). Don’t panic about how to face a GD round of any of the organization you are applying for. Consider it as a formal conversation among the members that are also the part of the discussion. So you just need to focus on certain key points and nothing else. You need to work on those points and if you will succeed in this then you will be surely successful in GD too.

There are no hard and fast rules for Group Discussion. But still, here are few guidelines to help you in your difficulties:

~~ You should be well formally dressed up.
~~ You need to be well presentable and interactive.
~~ You must have knowledge about general banking terms, management skills, positive attitude, and confidence that should come out with every word you speak in cheerful manner.
~~ Speak in sensible way. Try not to over-speak about anything.
~~ Don’t be nervous at all. Sit straight. Don’t play with pen/pencil to hide your nervousness while speaking.
~~ Preserve relevancy to the topic of your discussion in your speech or points that you are putting forward during the conversation.
~~ Try to be the initiator of GD only if you have good knowledge about the topic and have strong points to take a start. Therefore, you can get knowledge or update your mind from newspapers, magazine, and internet.
~~ You need to be confident and clear about the points while you speak and about what you talk.
~~ You are required to have good decision making & reasoning capabilities.
~~ Keep an eye contact while speaking with team members and selectors.
~~ Don’t interrupt while other member of your group is speaking. Wait for your chance to speak if you have better point to make for it.
~~ Be a good listener. Try to listen silently when others are putting forward their points.
~~ Don’t sit dumb-minded. Be an optimistic.
~~ Be mild and polite with your team members.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?