19th June 2012, 12:05 PM
yadav.sapna

How should I prepare to crack GATE Exam?

sir i am persuing b.tech from ece branch.i am in final year .i wanna crack gate exam.how should i prepare for gate.

19th June 2012, 03:37 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How should I prepare to crack GATE Exam?

GATE Exam stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.

This Exam is being conducted by GATE Committee which consists of professionals from Indian Institute of Science and 7 IIMs (Indian Institute of Management).

Here are some of the guidelines to prepare for this exam.

-Prepare a time table in such a way that you should complete all the syllabus well in advance to the exam.

-Give priority to finish of the subjects first in which you have good command.

-Practice as many number of model question papers and previous year question papers as you can.

Because there is every chance that these questions may be repeated.

Purchase GATE Questions and Answers Books from the market and once you finish a chapter go through those books and know the way in which the questions are being asked.

Better to take coaching for this exam from a coaching institute.

Try to be strong enough in fundamentals. You will be posed questions regarding fundamentals of your subjects.

Have good preparation for it and crack it.

Wish you all the best.
19th June 2012, 04:12 PM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi,

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. The candidates will be given admission for M.tech. This exam will be conducted once in a year.

The candidate prepare well for the crack this exam.

Some of the preparation fundamentals following

the preparation is time table fixed for the each subjects.

You maintain the good time table for this exam.

You can prepare advanced for the each subject.

You can see the gate preparation questions and watching the gate books.

Practice the many number of model papers and objective questions for the gate exam.

Better to take the coaching for the gate coaching centres.

And follow the instruction of coaching center.

The you can prepare repeated questions every day.

These all rules you can followed you can crack the gate exam.

All the best.
19th June 2012, 05:36 PM
tinu0024

GATE exam is conducted once a year and it stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.
The eligibility criteria is which has changed this year is that only final year students are eligible fir this exam. Earlier if you are in 3rd year then also you can appear for it but now this criteria has changes.

To prepare for GATE exam firstly go through its syllabus, it mainly consists of the topics which you have covered in your 4 years of engineering. Revise them all. Check you weak topics. Finish them first.

If its possible for you then you can also join some institute for GATE preparation where you will get proper guidance and study material.
Its not a big deal. Go for it.
Study hard.
Good Luck..!
19th June 2012, 05:43 PM
Vikas hrc

Hi friend..

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.
This test is conducted every year for admission in M.Tech courses.
If you want to give this test,you should have done your B.Tech or you should be in your final year.

You should follow at least these tips to crack this exam:-
1.Study according to the syllabus.
2.Solve the last years question papers and find out the important chapters according to that.
3.Do not forget to prepare any important chapter.
4.Solve as much question bank as you can.
5.Try to solve questions in a prescribed time.
6.Follow the advice of your teachers.
7.Clear your confusion from your friends and teachers.
8.You can do group study because this helps a lot in clearing the concepts.
9.Try to remain cool during the exam.
10.Don't be in a hurry in your exam to solve the questions very quickly.First read the questions carefully and then start solving it.

I wish you best of luck for you exam.
Thanks.
19th June 2012, 05:55 PM
sukhattly.333
Member+

1. You should have to buy a book to prepare for gate.
2. If you are pursuing b.tech in ESE OR ELECTRICAL ENGG. Then i know about the books are GALGOTIA AND J.K PUBLISHERS.
3. You can also prepare from any other books that are available in market
19th June 2012, 06:04 PM
sukhattly.333
Member+

1. You should have to buy a book to prepare for gate.
2. If you are pursuing b.tech in ESE OR ELECTRICAL ENGG. Then i know about the books are GALGOTIA AND J.K PUBLISHERS.
3. You can also prepare from any other books that are available in market.
4. You can also purchase questins and answer books from market.
5. Also you can take coaching from coaching institutes
19th June 2012, 06:25 PM
RISHU_RITESH

Wink Re: How should I prepare to crack GATE Exam?

first u will have to know that what is the value of time everything is depend on time management.

if u have to success that utilize ur time. Always remember, ur time is never waste.

GATE is organized by IITs and IISc,

To secure a very high percentile you should always remember the fact that you are adjudged relatively not absolutely. Hence, your rank obviously depends on how you performed relative to your competitors. Many times, it happens that the candidates are sure of getting many questions correct. But one should always know that although the questions have only one correct answer, other probable choices are deliberately put there to confuse the candidates. In that sense, preparing the choices other than the correct one is also a part of the bringing the element of innovation, which really makes the life hell for a test taker to arrive at the very correct choice.

a mock test which would give you a percentile to let you know where you stand amongst competitors.
Solve test papers: Solve as many test papers as possible. This actually is the best way to keep improving as you prepare for GATE.

Simulate actual test environment : This is very important. The actual test happens in a classroom, and is timed. When you take up the test, switch off your cell phone, have a timer which times your tests, and avoid taking any breaks. Also, if possible, take up a mock test series which enables you to take the test in a classroom environment.

best of luck
thank u.
19th June 2012, 06:29 PM
jayshree bacchav

GATE Exam stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.

This Exam is being conducted by GATE Committee which consists of professionals from Indian Institute of Science and 7 IIMs (Indian Institute of Management).

For more Information about the GATE Exam visit the Following sites :
www.gateforum.com
www.engineersinstitute.com

Here are some of the guidelines to prepare for this exam.

-Prepare a time table in such a way that you should complete all the syllabus well in advance to the exam.

-Give priority to finish of the subjects first in which you have good command.

-Practice as many number of model question papers and previous year question papers as you can.

Because there is every chance that these questions may be repeated.

Purchase GATE Questions and Answers Books from the market and once you finish a chapter go through those books and know the way in which the questions are being asked.

Better to take coaching for this exam from a coaching institute.

Try to be strong enough in fundamentals. You will be posed questions regarding fundamentals of your subjects.

Have good preparation for it and crack it.

All the best :-)
19th June 2012, 07:33 PM
GURINDER BILLING

Hi dear!!

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.
This test is conducted every year for admission in M.Tech courses.
If you want to give this test,you should have done your B.Tech or you should be in your final year.

You should follow at least these tips to crack this exam:-
1.Study according to the syllabus.
2.Solve the last years question papers and find out the important chapters according to that.
3.Do not forget to prepare any important chapter.
4.Solve as much question bank as you can.
5.Try to solve questions in a prescribed time.
6.Follow the advice of your teachers.
7.Clear your confusion from your friends and teachers.
8.You can do group study because this helps a lot in clearing the concepts.
9.Try to remain cool during the exam.
10.Don't be in a hurry in your exam to solve the questions very quickly.First read the questions carefully and then start solving it.
And to clear GATE most important fact is practice,more you pratice more will be benefits,so dear put efforts so that by clearing GATE you can open all other gates for you secure future.
ALL THE BEST.
19th June 2012, 07:47 PM
tanveersandhu

Firstly, you should be well prepared for your engineering subjects. Secondly, your Aptitude level should be quite high. The more you will prepare the more you will succeed.
28th September 2012, 01:17 PM
Unregistered

i a min B.TECH 1st year student. and i wanna crack gate exam. so ow should i prepare from 1st year?pls tell me about this on my id "[email protected]"
4th October 2012, 04:35 PM
Unregistered

i just wanted 2 knw that is it harmful for my preparation to discuss some questions with others or asking question with others whatever i have completed....
28th July 2013, 02:55 AM
Unregistered

im student of me & iwant to mtech in aerospace engg from iitb how much gate score is required? pls tell me about on my id ''[email protected]''
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?