12th January 2012, 05:30 PM
cell_king

How to manage college studies and GATE preparation?

I am in btech 3rd yr(ece). I want to prepare for gate but confused btween clg cirriculam and gate prep. What should i do ? I want to crack the exam at any cost !!!

22nd January 2012, 12:09 AM
Ronie0309

Default Re: How to manage college studies and GATE preparation?

Though the exam being very important for you, the college studies of yours should not be neglected.At this stage you only need to manage time and that too as per your convince as you cannot follow anyone Else's time table.
These are slightly tough times for you as you will have to work hard everyday following a particular time table.
Thus you only need to manage time and work hard.
31st January 2012, 02:39 PM
Unregistered

sir i am acs 2nd year student i want to perpare for gate plz suggest me how can i prepare for gate in 2 nd yaar
31st January 2012, 11:01 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: How to manage college studies and GATE preparation?

Hi

GATE stands for the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. It is a post graduate course which is of 2 years duration.

This entrance exam is conducted by the IIT's every year to select candidates for the M.Tech programs in the IIT's, NIT's and other colleges.

The Basic Eligibility Criteria's to sit for the GATE are :

1. You should be a minimum graduate in B.E/B.Tech/B.Pharmacy/B.Arch. from a recognized college or university.

2. There are not age or attempt limits as such.

3. The final year students can apply for the GATE, but the pre final year students cannot.

The best time to start the GATE preparations is while you are in the third year of B.Tech.

Do study regularly, and manage your time as well as you can.

Make a proper time table devoting equal time to every subject in the GATE syllabus.

Learn and grasp the basic concepts, so that you take less time to solve questions.

Remember always, questions are put up from the basic level itself.

Hope this helps

All the best

Regards
#RJ#
31st January 2012, 11:11 PM
priyo06
Senior Member+++

dear friend,

See this is a controversy question. Although it varies year to year.Generally two main factors are fully depend on this which are :

1. Number of students appeared in the stream in which you are appearing in.
2. Maximum marks obtained in a year by a candidate.

According two the factor your GATE score is evaluated. So especially there is no fixed marks to get chance in IITs and NITs.
Although I will tell you about this. According me it is 40 to 50 marks you have to get out of 100.

all the best.
31st January 2012, 11:14 PM
surekha_katreddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cell_king View Post
I am in btech 3rd yr(ece). I want to prepare for gate but confused btween clg cirriculam and gate prep. What should i do ? I want to crack the exam at any cost !!!
hi friend,
First of all i want to suggest you that GATE contains the portion covered in your subjects learned in your graduation.So do not treat them separately and plan to cover both of them accordingly.As you are in your 3rd year better join a good coaching center for preparation in the summer .That is the right time to prepare as you do not have to concentrate upon our academics. I think so.
Hope this will be useful to you.

ALL THE BEST
31st January 2012, 11:17 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

HI Dear
this is very important you manage your study according to your time..
If you go for prepare for GATE exam that is you give an extra effort but not extra
because all these pattern question paper is related to your branch paper.

After heavy practice you get success.......

First you divide your time in what time you prepare for your class work and self study and in what time you get time to GATE preparation.....

Good LUck.............
1st February 2012, 12:05 AM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

There are a no: of tips by which you can make a balance between your college studies & GATE preparation exam as under-

1. Try to complete your college work in the college hrs only & spare your home time for the study of GATE only.

2. There are many topics which covers in the both college & GATE syllabus.So try to emphasize on those topics.

3. Try to get a one day OFF of your college hours so that you can get the whole day for your GATE exam.

4. Try to Cover the topics which have more weightage of marks first.
1st February 2012, 12:43 PM
roknits
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cell_king View Post
hi!!

GATE(Graduate aptitude test in engineering) is conducted for admissions in the post graduate program of engineering

note:
gate score is valid for two years after giving the exam for the same i.e GATE

ELIGIBILITY GATE

• graduation in b.tech
  • B.Pharmacy/B.ARCHITECTURE Graduate candidates can also apply for this exam
  • graduates in their final year can apply
TOP COLEGES FOR GATE
  • ALL IIT'S
  • ALL NIT'S
  • BITS-PILANI
  • Vellore institute of technology
  • thapar university
  • N.S.I.T , New delhi
  • USIT,IPU(DELHI)
TIPS FOR PREPARATION
  • The first two years -you must focus on the basics of the core subjects
  • after second year or in second year you can join coaching institutes or study material of the same
  • in such exam ,coaching wil surely help your preparation
  • donot rely too much on coaching
  • TIME MANAGEMENT is crucial
best of luck!!

with regards
roknits
8th April 2012, 07:30 PM
Unregistered

hello sir ,
i m in 3rd yr (2nd sem) e.c.e till now i have not joined any coaching centre, have done embedded course in 2nd yr...................please give your guidances for gate preparation and for interviews.
15th August 2012, 03:33 PM
Unregistered

hello sir, im btech 3rd year (ece)... my clg timings are fron 8am-2pm... afternoon timings im free... so i would like to prepare gate exams.. soo please explain how to manage timings... and how to use.. effectively ?
15th August 2012, 09:56 PM
singhhr23

GATE stands for Gratitude Aptitude test in Engineering.I must tell you this entrance exam is tough then others so it is very important to prepare it very seriously.you should join any classes for the same.

Here I am giving you some tips to prepare for it.

Buy or get a copy of previous year question papers if possible with solutions. Having a hard copy is very important and we are going to refer it again and again during whole preparation.

Refer to syllabus and analyze the number of questions asked in each subject.

Make a priority list of subjects based on marks or preference given it in previous exams. Marks distribution of subject will help you prioritize and allocate preparation time to different subjects. If distribution is not prepared we usually end up in a random preparation and finally will have tough time dealing with important subjects.
Just for example, in GATE CS and IT paper, around 15~20% is from Mathematics, and then Programming and Data Structures, Theory of computation, OS and digital logic.

Allocate realistic time for each subject. And read it all, as there is huge to cover and it’s easy to ask few marks question from anywhere in a subject.
Finish through reading of a chapter of subject, make short notes of important points, this will help you at last moment to revise what you have read.

Once finish a chapter, go back to GATE Question papers and solve the problems from that chapter. These days there lots of question banks available in market for GATE do buy one and practice. Also to try to get Test Series from other friends. Solve all of them. This will help you to assess yourself for level of understanding of the chapter you read.

Thanks.....
11th July 2014, 10:41 PM
Unregistered

sir i am in 4-year b.tech till now i didn't join in any coaching center how can i prepare well give me proper suggestion.and now i am unable to join in coaching center
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?