23rd August 2012, 01:29 PM
Unregistered

How should I prepare for KAS?

how to prepare for KAS??...please tell me how should i do it

22nd February 2013, 08:29 PM
shilpanaidu 123
Senior Member+

Default Re: How should I prepare for KAS?

PREPARATION FOR KAS EXAMINATION TIPS AND POINTS.

There are no shortcuts. Topic-wise intensive study is absolutely necessary. Must prepare atleast 80% of the syllabus very intensively. 80% syllabus be chosen after having seen the question papers of last three examinations. In case of non-science and non-engineering subjects, it is advisable to prepare from the books used by the aspiring candidates in Delhi and Jawahar Lal Nehru Universities. You will find that many of these popular books used by the aspirants are topic specific rather than standard text books, although it is very important to read standard text books as well before moving on to topic specific books. Standard text books would mean prescribed text books at graduate and post graduate levels in prestigious universities like Kashmir University, Jammu University, Delhi University, Jawahar Lal Nehru University etc.

->Please prepare General Studies from one or two standard General Studies Guides. In addition, please read atleast two reputed national english daily newspapers and two from the State everyday and keep the cuttings of articles written by eminent persons.
->You may even download from the internet, if you have such access.
->Then read atleast two popular english magazines regularly and preserve the selected articles. In the process try to improve your English language vocabulary and writing skills.
->Ability to write clearly and correctly and good handwriting are vital for securing higher marks.

ALL THE BEST.......
22nd February 2013, 08:34 PM
shilpanaidu 123
Senior Member+

Default Re: How should I prepare for KAS?

PREPARATION FOR KAS EXAMINATION TIPS AND POINTS.

There are no shortcuts. Topic-wise intensive study is absolutely necessary. Must prepare atleast 80% of the syllabus very intensively. 80% syllabus be chosen after having seen the question papers of last three examinations. In case of non-science and non-engineering subjects, it is advisable to prepare from the books used by the aspiring candidates in Delhi and Jawahar Lal Nehru Universities. You will find that many of these popular books used by the aspirants are topic specific rather than standard text books, although it is very important to read standard text books as well before moving on to topic specific books. Standard text books would mean prescribed text books at graduate and post graduate levels in prestigious universities like Kashmir University, Jammu University, Delhi University, Jawahar Lal Nehru University etc.

->Please prepare General Studies from one or two standard General Studies Guides. In addition, please read atleast two reputed national english daily newspapers and two from the State everyday and keep the cuttings of articles written by eminent persons.
->You may even download from the internet, if you have such access.
->Then read atleast two popular english magazines regularly and preserve the selected articles. In the process try to improve your English language vocabulary and writing skills.
->Ability to write clearly and correctly and good handwriting are vital for securing higher marks.

ALL THE BEST.......
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?