30th October 2012, 10:48 PM
Unregistered

How should I prepare for MBA admission test

Sir/ma'am
i am preparing for mba admission test can u tell me how should i prepare for cracking entrance test of indian institute of foreign trade and what will be next step after cracking entrance exam.how much seats are there for a general candidate .
Thanx

18th November 2015, 05:29 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: How should I prepare for MBA admission test

Its a great decision that you with to do MBA in International Business from IIFT - Indian Institute of Foreign Trade. It is no doubt one of the best Business Schools in India and getting admission there is considered no cakewalk. Thus, here are a few important tips that you must consider if you wish to get admission in such a top college and also grow in your future:

1. IIFT as known for its best education quality and class is a good b-school and thus, having your academics right is very important to get a call from it. Please note that IIFT does not give calls for GD - PI on the basis of CAT Score, in fact it conducts its own exam IIFT and only on the basis of that it selects candidates for further rounds of Discussions and Interview.

2. If you wish to give this exam, please fill up the forms for IIFT. Since this year, the dates have already passed, you may fill for the same the next year. For your information, the exam date for this years IIFT is 22nd November 2015 and so after that you can get the analysis about the paper and all.

3. The exam paper usually contains these 5 sections: General Awareness, Quantitative Aptitude, English + Comprehension, Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation. You have to almost master each one of these in order to get the cut off score for getting further calls.

4. The questions asked in this exam is at par with CAT Questions and if you are seriously preparing for CAT, then the same preparation suffices for this IIFT Exam as well. However for General Awareness, you have to read news papers everyday without fail and also watch news or online.

5. It is not easy to crack this exam since there are approximately only ~400 seats for both Delhi and Kolkata IIFT Campuses. Thus, all India competes for these seats and to make a grand career. As far as preparations are concerned, you have to carry out extensive preparations regarding every detail, practice a lot and do a lot of last years papers for time management. Another thing to note here is that the duration of the exam is only for 2 hours.
16th January 2018, 06:27 PM
Somyarathore
Member+

Default Re: How should I prepare for MBA admission test

The main goal when preparing for the test is not simply a high score. It is to improve your skills, because you will need them during your studies.
During test preparation you should therefore aim to master reading, writing, speaking, analysis, reasoning, argumentation, quantitative skills, etc. and do all this fluently in English, the language of instruction in international Master’s and MBA programmes.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?