4th September 2012, 03:45 PM
koushik maharaja

How should I start my preparation to become an IPS being a candidate pursuing final year of BE?

iam very much interested in doing IPS...hw should i start this...nw iam studying final yr(B.E)..is this the ryt time to take prelims exam

Related Questions:
  1. How to start preparation for Civils Exam being a candidate of pursuing final year B.Tech?
  2. How to start my preparation from college days to become an IPS Officer being a candidate pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech course?
  3. Can I start preparation to become an IPS Officer pursuing Engineering in ECE stream?
  4. Is it right time for me to start preparation for Civils being a candidate pursuing final year of B.Tech course?
  5. What should be my preparation pattern pursuing 3rd year of my B.Tech (Mechanical Engineering) and pasionate to become an IPS and want to start preparation for IAS exam?
  6. Should I start preparation for GRE if pursuing B.Tech(ME) 2nd year? -- [New]
  7. How to take admission in IPS? Can I start its preparation while in 1st year?
  8. How to prepare for IPS Exam being a candidate pursuing final year of B.Tech in IT stream?
  9. When to start preparation for IPS Exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. How to start preparation for IES Exam being a candidate of pursuing 2nd year in Mechanical Engineering?
  11. How to start my preparation for IAS Exam being a candidate pursuing 2nd year of ECE? Which Books should I prepare for this Exam?
  12. When is the right time to start preparation for IPS exam?
  13. Which subjects should I choose to become an IPS officer? I am pursuing MBA final semester now
  14. How to write and prepare for IPS exam? When to start the preparation?
  15. How can I start preparation for IPS? I am a B.E Mechanical student
  16. How should I start preparation for IAS Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech?
  17. How can I go for IPS exam while pursuing BSc IT final year
  18. How can I start my preparation for IPS? What is the cost involved?
4th September 2012, 05:47 PM
kool
Senior Member++

Default Re: How should I start my preparation to become an IPS being a candidate pursuing final year of BE?

Dear friend,

Absolutely this is the right time for you to start preparation for IPS exam.

I think you know the format of the exam.

For prelims exam you have to do study of GS(general studies) paper and CSAT paper.

For GS you have to study all arts paper like History,Geography,Economics, current affairs etc. For this you should start preparation for it through any coaching classes or by self studies.

For CSAT paper, you need not to be worried because in this section you will face same question patterns as you see aptitude exam conducted by different companies.
It consist of mathematics,reasoning,english and general awareness.

For more detail you can visit HERE

good luck.
4th September 2012, 07:12 PM
MOUSE92

Default Re: How should I start my preparation to become an IPS being a candidate pursuing final year of BE?

dear,

IPS: INDIAN POLICE SERVICES

it is one of the indian civil exam it is conducted by upsc (union public service commission)

this is conducted once every year

for this you have to satisfy some eligibility

REQUIRED QUALIFICATION:

you should be citizen of india

AGE LIMIT:

for general:21 to 30yrs
for sc/st:21 to 35 years
for obc:21 to 33 years

EDUCATION QUALIFICATION:

you have to complete graduation from any field
or you can also apply when you are in final year of your graduation

SELECTION PROCESS:
prelim exam
main exam
interview

NO. OF ATTEMPTS:

for general:4
for obc:7
for sc/st:no limit

APPLICATION PROCESS:

to apply online you should visit:

http://www.upsc.gov.in

GOOD LUCK
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?