11th December 2011, 01:42 AM
jaiminrpatel

How can I start my preparation for IPS? What is the cost involved?

hello
right nw my m.b.a is going on bt with tht i wnt to start preparation for ips so how i make my start as i m n avrage student bt i wnt to do dis in an cost pls cn u guide me for dis.

Related Questions:
  1. When to start preparation for IPS Exam?
  2. How can I start preparation for IPS? I am a B.E Mechanical student
  3. Can I start preparation to become an IPS Officer pursuing Engineering in ECE stream?
  4. How to take admission in IPS? Can I start its preparation while in 1st year?
  5. When is the right time to start preparation for IPS exam?
  6. What should be my preparation pattern pursuing 3rd year of my B.Tech (Mechanical Engineering) and pasionate to become an IPS and want to start preparation for IAS exam?
  7. How to start my preparation from college days to become an IPS Officer being a candidate pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech course?
  8. How to start the preparation for IPS while doing masters in Economics?
  9. How should I start my preparation to become an IPS being a candidate pursuing final year of BE?
  10. Tamilnadu Board Matriculation Exam Geography and Economics Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  11. Courses after 12th Commerce to become an IPS Officer? Coaching classes for preparation of IPS exam? -- [New]
  12. What to do to become an IPS officer after 12th? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. How can I appear for IPS exam? I have completed 12th science
  14. How to write and prepare for IPS exam? When to start the preparation?
  15. Should I start preparation for Indian Postal Service exam after completing 12th? Whether the mentioned subjects are compulsory? Suitable books for preparation?
  16. When to start preparation for UPSC Exam to go for IPS or IAS being a candidate of MCA?
  17. How to start preparation for Civil Exam being a candidate having completed B.Tech course?
  18. Which course is better between CA and ICWA after completing 12th in Commerce stream?
14th December 2011, 09:04 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I start my preparation for IPS? What is the cost involved?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaiminrpatel View Post
hello
right nw my m.b.a is going on bt with tht i wnt to start preparation for ips so how i make my start as i m n avrage student bt i wnt to do dis in an cost pls cn u guide me for dis.
First of all, you need to be confident and stop tagging yourself as an average student. The civil service exam is one of the toughest exams conducted in India and to crack such exams, you got be the best. Being best doesn't means to have excellent academic records only. If you haven't been able to score huge percentage of marks in your previous exams, it means you haven't worked hard and that's it. Once you start working hard with full dedication and with positive approach, no one could stop you being among toppers.

Now, as far as the preparation is concerned, you need to be very good in certain areas, like general knowledge, current affairs, history, geography, english etc.

You should start your preparation by referring to previous years question papers of civil service exam. Try and cover the complete syllabus of every subjects prescribed for the civil service exam.

Go through daily newspaper thoroughly from the first page to the last to make yourself updated about the current affairs. Since you will be having a Essay paper in the mains, work hard on your writing skills and write one essay everyday on any topic.

Get yourself IGNOU study materials for the subjects you are preparing. IGNOU study material is suggested by experts because of its updates syllabus.

You may download previous year question papers from the official website of UPSC- the regulating body of civil service exam.
7th June 2012, 09:53 PM
Unregistered

HI sir..

while to prepare for IPS what is the maximum time I have to read .and can you arrange samples papers for the last 7 years -- for IPS .. and further u can also contact me in my mail id [email protected] and its a request please also reply me in my mail id..............

nasim
15th June 2012, 09:39 PM
guruvana244

Hi
I would like to advice you that please maintain a certain percentage(70%) that makes you eligible to sit in campus recruitments..so in case you have a job in hand to be secure..
Make a habit to read newspapers...Read HINDU...and master your subjects in mechanical so you can take one of your graduation subjects as optional...

Good Luck
18th July 2012, 11:45 PM
Unregistered

Plz suggest me n guide me to a gud institute for preparing for IPs as I'm a student of class 11 donbosco Kolkata.
29th December 2012, 04:49 PM
Unregistered

Please suggest me where to start preparation in order to become an I.P.S officer and what are the criteria to be an I.P.S in details.
Thanks in Advance
Anonymous
13th May 2013, 08:58 PM
Unregistered

Respected, I am a Chemical engineer student then which subject should i keep to be optional ?
4th November 2013, 04:12 PM
Unregistered

I m very poor in studying now i will do hard work for study purpuse and i will become ips officer i hav that confidance my details r here AGE :21
HIEGHT:5.8
WEIGHT:68
Pls help me to become i m ready to study hardly to achive my goal as a ips plz help me wt can i do rite nw i m studying b.com final year and i will follow as u say sir thank you ....
10th May 2014, 12:37 PM
Unregistered

i m doing my law integrated course for five yrs . right now i m in my 3rd year.when can i start my preparation for ips??
14th April 2015, 12:06 AM
Unregistered

I am sundeep btech 2yr mechanical.I want to know that when i should start preparationto become an ips officer ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?