22nd August 2012, 04:41 PM
brijesh kumar sahu98

How to start my preparation for IFS from 4th semester? I am a student of B.Tech 2nd year at NIT Nagpur

i am a student of B.tech 2nd year at nit raipur c.g. i want to stsrt preparation for ifs from 4th semester ,what should i do ? how can i prepare for it,

13th June 2015, 12:37 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to start my preparation for IFS from 4th semester? I am a student of B.Tech 2nd year at NIT Nagpur

I.F.S stands for the Indian Foreign Service/ Indian Forest Service and the examination is conducted by the UPSC. There is no special examination for this and the recruitment is done on the basis of Civil Services examination.

The eligibility to appear for the examination is :-
* Candidate must have passed or pursuing in the final year of graduation from a recognised university.
* Candidates age must be between 21-32 years and relaxation in upper age limit or the OBC, SC/ST candidate.

The examination is conducted in three stages and it is necessary to qualify in each o the stages for the final selection :-
* Preliminary.
* Mains.
* Interview.

The examination is considered as among the toughest examination. So it requires hard work and determination to qualify in it.

Since, you have completed your 4th semester that is you have 2 year of preparation time which is not much if you do not use it properly in study.

There is no limitation in selecting the optional paper other than that of the graduation. I will suggest you to go through the English newspaper to increase your vocab and general knowledge with this go through the NCERT books from the std 6-12. This will benefit you must.

For more inforamation regarding the examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?