30th August 2012, 05:34 PM
Pallav07

How to start preparation for CDS exam? I am a student of B.Com 2nd year

I am a student of B.com 2nd year. My session of 2nd year has started right now. So what is the correct time for me to start the preparation for CDS exam?

Related Questions:
  1. How to start preparation for civils exam? I am a 2nd year engineering student
  2. How to start the preparation for LEET exam? I am a student of diploma 2nd year ECE
  3. How can I start preparation for GATE exam? I am a 2nd year electrical engineering student
  4. Can I get admission in IIT for M.Tech I am a 2nd year student
  5. How to start preparation for IES Exam being a candidate of pursuing B.Tech 2nd year in Civil Engineering?
  6. How to prepare for IAS exam for 2nd year Civil engineering student? When to start preparing?
  7. Should I start preparation for GATE being a B.E. 2nd year student? Is it a barrier if having backlog in B.E. 1st year?
  8. Can I give CDS exam if I am a student of 2nd year
  9. Where should I start preparation for MS being a candidate of 2nd year B.Tech of PTU?
  10. How can I prepare for CDS? I have completed 2nd PU in science
  11. How to start the preparation for MPSC exam? Books to be referred for it?
  12. How to start preparation for IAS Exam being a candidate pursuing 2nd year of B.Com course?
  13. How can I prepare to crack UPSC exam being a B.Sc 2nd year student? -- [New]
  14. Books to be referred for GATE entrance exam? I am a B.E 2nd Sem EC student
  15. How to start my preparation for IAS Exam being a candidate pursuing 2nd year of ECE? Which Books should I prepare for this Exam?
  16. From which year of B.Tech should I start preparing for IES exam?
  17. How should I start preparation for GATE exam? I am a civil engineering student of 2nd year -- [Most Discussed]
  18. How to start preparation for IES Exam being a candidate of pursuing 2nd year in Mechanical Engineering?
1st September 2012, 12:56 AM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to start preparation for CDS exam? I am a student of B.Com 2nd year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pallav07 View Post
I am a student of B.com 2nd year. My session of 2nd year has started right now. So what is the correct time for me to start the preparation for CDS exam?
Hey friend,

Being a student of 2nd year you are not eligible for the CDS exam at this stage as you are not satisfying the needed education qualification for the exam.

The needed qualification is that you need to have completed your degree from a recognized university.Even final degree exam writing candidate is eligible for applying for the CDS Exam

The other standards for the exam are the Nationality, Martial Status, Age Limit, Physical Standard.

>> The Nationality standard for the exam states that you need to be a citizen of India

>> The Martial Status for the exam is that you need to be a unmarried male candidate and for OTA it is that you need to be unmarried/married male candidate

>> The age limit for the exam is that you need to have 19-24 years for IMA and 19-22 years for Indian Navy,19-23 years for IAF and 19-25 years for OTA.

>> Apart from all these above criteria's you need to be physically fit as it is very important.

As asked regarding the preparation to be done,it is that you can refer the previous year papers for reference for preparation for the exam,

CDS Exam Papers:
Attached Files
File Type: pdf cds exam paper.pdf(173.5 KB, 113 views)
File Type: pdf CDS Paper.pdf(655.7 KB, 62 views)
File Type: pdf CDS Sample Paper 1.pdf(523.2 KB, 73 views)
File Type: pdf CDS Sample Paper 2.pdf(816.1 KB, 57 views)
File Type: pdf CDS Sample Paper 3.pdf(655.7 KB, 60 views)
File Type: pdf CDS Sample Paper 4.pdf(587.6 KB, 62 views)
1st September 2012, 01:19 AM
incredibleshub

Default Re: How to start preparation for CDS exam? I am a student of B.Com 2nd year

You are B.Com 2nd year student so you have 1 year in hand so prepare well for CDS exam.

I have provided some good text books name.These books are available in market.

BEST BOOKS FOR CDS EXAM

C.D.S II Examination,2012 :-

Date of Notification : 02/June/12

Last date for receipt of application : 02/July/12
Date of Notification : 16/Sept/12
1st September 2012, 08:42 AM
subbu498

Quote:
you first know to which field you are elected i.e. you are applied for airforce,navy,millitary and o.t.a jobs
then you will start your preparation
OTA jobs require english and general knowledge and remaining exams also but additinally they require elementary mathematics knowledge
the exam totally in objective type
2nd September 2012, 12:59 PM
Pallav07

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbu498 View Post
you first know to which field you are elected i.e. you are applied for airforce,navy,millitary and o.t.a jobs
then you will start your preparation
OTA jobs require english and general knowledge and remaining exams also but additinally they require elementary mathematics knowledge
the exam totally in objective type
I would go for the military paper. So how should I start my preparations?
13th October 2012, 09:40 AM
BISWAROOP YOGI
Senior Member++

> CDS :::: Combined Defence Services
CDS stands for Combined Defence Services. Its exam is conducted by UPSC twice in a year for the recruitment for :
* Indian Military Academy
* Indian Naval Academy
* Indian Air Force Academy
* Officers' Training Academy
>>> Best books to prepare for CDS Examination :
>> Arihant Pathfinder CDS Exam Book
>> CDS Exam Services Exam Guide by R.P. Verma
>> Study Package for CDS by Atul Bhardwaj
>> CDS Exam Guide by Datason Rp
>> Popular Master Guide CDS by R.P. Gupta
>> CDS Previous Years Solved Papers by RPH Editorial Board
>> CDS Solved Papers by GKP
>> A quick reference to sample papers, magazines, previous year papers and model papers will be very helpful in your preparation. The syllabus is not very vast, so you can prepare easily.
>> BEST OF LUCK !!!!
30th November 2012, 09:57 AM
Unregistered

dear sir,
i am doing my first year in arts and i really am looking forward to get in IMA. It would be grateful of you if u can give me some suggestions on how to start my preparation.
30th November 2012, 03:13 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

>> A candidate who have completed their Graduation degree in any stream can apply for CDS examination.......

>> Age of candidate should be between 20 to 28 years.....

^^^^^^^****** Reference Books for CDS*****^^^^^^^

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All the best

With Regards......
Dharm
11th December 2012, 09:04 PM
Unregistered

i ma student of btech 2nd year,persuing frm cse branch and want 2 give cds exam,so plz help me wat should i do??
20th April 2013, 07:57 PM
Unregistered

I just finished my X std exams and I want to join the Indian Navy,as an officer.Please guide me.
13th June 2014, 10:54 PM
Unregistered

respected sir,
i have gone through the operation procedure of my intestine in 2009.. i m well and good, and physically fit also, but there are 12 marks of stitches on my stmouch..is it leads to rejection..
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?