13th December 2012, 01:56 AM
Unregistered

How to study for Civil BTech after passing B.Com

I am a B-com graduate and I want to study for Civil B-tech? is it possible for me?

13th December 2012, 09:27 AM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to study for Civil BTech after passing B.Com

Hi dear..........

No, It is no possible to study Engineering after passing B.com , For Engineering you have to study science stream from the beginning i.e from +2 science with PCM .

After B.com you can go for higher study like..
MBA
CA
CS
ICWAI
MFC
M.com
Etc.........

Good luck..........
13th December 2012, 01:22 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

I am afraid that is not possible. A commerce stream student can not apply for Engineering course. You must have completed 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics to apply for the Engineering course.

Therefore it is not possible for you to apply for B.Tech. Candidates who have completed B.Sc can apply for B.tech but not the commerce stream candidates. I would suggest that you consider some other option.

Some of the courses I can recommend include Chartered Accountancy (CA) which can be taken after completing B.Com. Company Secretary is another good course you can consider.

Alternatively you can do M.com and apply for National Eligibility Test (NET) for college lectureship. But you must secure at least 55 percent in master degree to apply for the NET Exam.

You also have the option of school teaching job. This can be done after pursuing Bachelor of Education course. The B.Ed is one year course after which you can apply for primary teacher job in government/private schools.

Perhaps the best option would be MCA which stands for Master of Computer Applications. If you had Maths in 12th or graduation then it would be possible to apply for the MCA. You can appear in one of the entrance exams for MCA.

After completing MCA, your wish to pursuing Engineering can come true. Candidates who have completed MCA can apply for M.Tech. However not in Civil Engineering. You can apply for M.Tech in Computer Science Engineering or IT.

The GATE entrance exam for M.Tech admission is not only for the B.Tech graduates. Candidates who have completed M.Sc or MCA can also appear for GATE entrance exam and apply for the Master of Technology course.
13th December 2012, 02:55 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Possibility and feasibility are two different things.
If something is possible but not feasible then people don't do it.
The feasibility is decided according to the time period for making a particular career.
B.Tech. course is a four year course.
If you have done 12th with Science subjects including Maths and Physics then only you
become eligible for B.Tech. course otherwise not.
If you haven't studied Maths and Physics in 12th then you will have to study 10+2 again
with Maths and Physics as compulsory subjects.

Assuming that you had done 12th with Maths and Physics.

Now you will have to revise the 10+2 syllabus very well and then appear the engineering
entrance exams.
The admission to all the government engineering colleges and some self financed engineering
colleges too shall be through JEE Main.
You should apply for the entrance exam (JEE Main).
The last date of applying is 26th December 2012.

http://jeemain.nic.in/

If you wish to apply for private colleges too then you will have apply for them separately.
You should apply for BITSAT, VITEEE, MIT Manipal entrance test, Indraprastha University
common entrance test etc.
13th December 2012, 11:48 PM
ibadsyed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a B-com graduate and I want to study for Civil B-tech? is it possible for me?
Hi, I am sorry to say but you will not be able to do B.tech through commerece field.

However there are lot more opportunities which you can consider after your B.Com.

You can go for MBA, M.Com depending upon your interest.
14th December 2012, 12:32 AM
vikash kumar prajapati
Senior Member+++

Sorry ,you will not be able to take admission in B.TECH as your Educational Background does not support.

In order to take admission in B.TECH you will have to appear for JEE Exam.
For appearing in this exam you will require the following eligibility:-

>>You must have science stream in 10+2 level.
>>Your minimum marks in 10+2 should be 70% if you have get pass from CBSE.
>>You can appear in this exam within three years after passing 10+2.

Now even if you have Science stream in 10+2 then also you will not be able to get appear in this exam its becuase your time has elaspesed.

If you are not satisfied with this reply you may visit its official site www.jeemain.nic.in

However you must try in other state engineering entrance exam in order to get chance for admission.

Some of these Entrance exams are:-

>>OJEE.
>>WBJEE.
>>JCECE.
>>MP-CET.
>>GUJJEE.
etc

15th December 2012, 12:22 AM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: How to study for Civil BTech after passing B.Com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi

You have to check if it is possible and if it is; still it would NOT BE SUGGESTED. See you are already a graduate in B.Com i.e Bachelors in Commerce and now you wish to take up another graduation that too totally out of your stream i.e Commerce and Science. I would like to make some things clear here..

There are 3 streams which are given as choices to any candidate after passing Class 10th metric exam :
SCIENCE, COMMERCE, ARTS.

Now A candidate who takes up Science CAN DO GRADUATION IN ANY stream out of the 3 mentioned above. So since you have done B.Com, but not mentioned your Higher Secondary background, I am assuming that you are from Commerce Background.
If you are from a COMMERCE BACKGROUND, THEN YOU CANNOT DO B.TECH AS ITS A TECHNICAL COURSE. This is because Commerce and Arts people CANNOT take up science courses as their graduation streams.

However if you had Science, and then later you changed to B.Com in your graduation and now again want to do technical studies, then you CAN !! Still it won't be suggest because two graduation courses will not be of any use to you. Instead you can go for the M.Commerce or MBA course.

These are full time post graduation courses and I would rather suggest the MBA - Master's in Business Administration course as its the hot and most in demand course in the market. You have to apply for the entrances like CAT, MAT, XAT, GMAT, CMAT, NMAT, SNAP, IBSAT, etc and then try your best to crack them..

If you are able to do well in them, then you can get admission in the top B-Schools in India and do your MBA Post graduation. That is what would be best suggested.

Rest the decision is all yours

All the best

Regards
RANJEET
18th January 2014, 07:00 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir/mam,
I'm B.Com passed in 2009 & currently working in construction filed as a purchase officer so now if i try in any big org. then the purchaser require diploma/digree in civil, plz sugest me what can i do?
25th January 2014, 06:37 PM
Unregistered

Hello Sir this is syed i have completed b.com but now i want to do b.tech is possible if yes so how and what is the process please help me asap
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?