31st August 2012, 08:37 PM
Unregistered

How to take admission in LLB after engineering graduation in IT

I am studying in third year of engineering,Information Technology. If I will take admission for LL.B after my engineering graducation then how much years will required to compete LL.B degree?

22nd September 2012, 03:59 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to take admission in LLB after engineering graduation in IT

Graduation is the basic qualification required for 3 year LL.B program. As you have completed engineering degree, you are eligible to apply. Admission will be done on the basis of an entrance exam called CLAT. The exam covers questions on reasoning, general awareness, English language, and legal aptitude. Those who qualify the exam will be admitted after a central counseling process.
22nd September 2012, 06:31 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

It is a very odd decision to go for LLB after completing Engineering. Why do you want to chance tracks from IT to Law all the sudden. I would say that you should not opt for LLB as your Engineering degree would be useless.

There are various job options after completing B.Tech IT. You can apply for Public Sector Undertaking jobs. But only if you manages to score at least 60 percent marks. Each Public Sector Undertaking conducts its own entrance exam for the candidates interested for the job.

You can also find employment in the IT sector as well. Top MNC would offer you job if managed to meet their requirements. Mainly MNC companies require 60 to 65 percent marks throughout the academic career.

I would urge you to look into these options and not opt for LLB. Instead you should do M.Tech which would further enhance your chances of getting a good job in IT sector.

However if you have made up your mind for the LLB then to answer your question, the LLB course would be 3 years long. There are basically two options for candidates interested in degree of Law. After completing 12th they can opt for BA LLB which is 5 years long or they can complete graduation and go for LLB which is three years long.

By opting for the first way you can save one year and complete the Law degree. The admission in LLB is done both on the basis of merit and entrance exam. In either can you need to meet the requirements mentioned below.

Eligibility

A bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognized university.

At least 45 percent marks in graduation.

In case of SC/ST, 40 percent marks are required in graduation.
22nd September 2012, 09:28 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Being an Engineering Graduate you want to do LL.B. if you want to acquire a Law Degree certificate being an IT engineer, it is well and good. But if you want a Law Degree to start a professional career then your Engineering Degree will be useless.

Any way the eligible candidate must be an Indian Citizen having completed Graduation in any stream from a recognised University with at least 45% to 50% marks and within the age of 30 years, is eligible to apply for three years LL.B. Degree course.
23rd May 2013, 01:05 AM
Unregistered

Can we do one year law course after engineering?
1st December 2014, 07:37 PM
Unregistered

After under graduate course i.e BE in IT it is obvious to go for post graduate and i want to do LLM! Is their Any scope for that!
7th March 2015, 11:31 AM
Unregistered

I am in final year of engineering .. aftr graduation i m interested for doing PG in law .. plz guide me about the entrance exam and courses for it .. and scope .
24th May 2015, 10:13 AM

Post Re: How to take admission in LLB after engineering graduation in IT

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhirajen18 View Post
Being an Engineering Graduate you want to do LL.B. if you want to acquire a Law Degree certificate being an IT engineer, it is well and good. But if you want a Law Degree to start a professional career then your Engineering Degree will be useless.

Any way the eligible candidate must be an Indian Citizen having completed Graduation in any stream from a recognised University with at least 45% to 50% marks and within the age of 30 years, is eligible to apply for three years LL.B. Degree course.
Imcompleted engineering in civil.also I got 71% aggregate. Can I take admission in llb graduation? ??
5th October 2016, 03:49 AM
Unregistered

Is there any age limit to apply for 3 years LL.B. degree? if yes and if i had crossed the age limit, what is the other possibilities to apply for 3 years LL.B. degree?
30th August 2017, 05:42 PM
Unregistered

I have completed B.tech in civil engineering.I am already working from last 3years. Now i am interested to study M.B.A or Law related. But i dont know whether it will be useful or not. I dont know.

Give me suggestions after B.tech which type of studies is useful for us.
31st August 2017, 07:19 PM
19Amanpreet
Member+

You need to pass CLAT, which is the common entrance exam for law. LLB is graduation which can be undertaken by anyone at any point of time. You simply need to get desirable score in the entrance examination.
6th October 2018, 07:07 AM
Unregistered

I have completed my btech in mechanical(2014-2018)and I am preparing for cse(civil service examination) this year and next year I want to study higher education so can I opt for 3 years law course and it will be useful for the optional subject for me in civils. I want answer please.
14th December 2018, 02:20 AM
Unregistered

I am a 4th year engineering student and I want to do LLB after engineering.. Is this good??
5th December 2019, 07:39 PM
Unregistered

I am in Final Year Engineering Can I apply for LLB
28th January 2021, 01:06 PM
Unregistered

without LAW degree is there chance to become lawyer?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?