1st January 2011, 04:39 PM
vinodvegi

How will IEEE membership help in B.Tech?

How can the IEEE membership will help me in B.Tech

12th January 2011, 04:57 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

Default Re: How will IEEE membership help in B.Tech?

If u just have student membership... then i dont think it is of much importance as student can easily get membership of IEEE, but if you have research papers published in IEEE, then it is a great work.
14th February 2011, 11:58 PM
SupritShestha

IEEE membership will be great help for you during Btech...you can get access to thousands of journals and papers online and get in touch with the latest trends in engineering...you can also apply your papers for publishing in IEEE journals and more important you will be invited to present and attend seminars in many of the affiliated colleges...so its always good to be a member of IEEE.
15th February 2011, 10:36 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

if you have the membership of IEEE then you will get many advantages during your study and also after the study when you will go for job.

if you have any paper published in IEEE magazine then you should have publication certificate. also you will know so many technical news if you belongs to IEEE. when you will go for job interview and if you include that you are a member of IEEE then you will get some preference for the interview.

but if you have general student membership then you may not get good advantage of your membership. i will say you try to publish one or two research paper in IEEE so that you can increase the value of the membership.

best wishes.
15th February 2011, 10:53 PM
sumitkumarsharma
Senior Member+

Wink Re: How will IEEE membership help in B.Tech?

i think this is not so much helpfulfor B.TECH student because this is use only for research and project very helpful.Ifyou want to memer then take membership because you can also organise seminarbin your college and you can also get studymaterial from IEEE that is helpful for your project.
15th February 2011, 10:59 PM
bikenindia

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodvegi View Post
Hi,

IEEE (International electrical and electronics engineering) is a membership for electronics engineering students.
It is very much helpful where you can increase your knowledge to a great extent.
You will get opportunity to read number of IEEE journals where a normal people can't access it.
Also, IEEE conduct seminars on various topics and various areas, by attending that you will get lots of exposure.
It helps a student technically strong.

Thanks...
15th February 2011, 11:22 PM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

According to me ,Just IEEE membership is not going to help you to a large extent . yes it can help you a lot if you have performed or been a part of some kind of research work .

If you are having certificate then this will help you during campusing . it means you will be called first. It means it will add an extra advantage as compared to all students . you will be given priority in research work . so these are just added advantage.
16th February 2011, 12:16 AM
narsimhaboddupalli

Quote:

if you have any paper published in IEEE magazine then it will be useful when you go for a job interview and if you include that you are a member of IEEE then you will get some preference for the interview.

but if you have normal student membership then you will not get advantage of your membership. i will say you try to publish one or two research papers in IEEE so that it will be useful at the time of job.
16th February 2011, 12:19 AM
Anjali2008

Smile Re: How will IEEE membership help in B.Tech?

By getting the IEEE membership you will have an access over reseach papers,journels and the new experiments taking place moreover you will get new ideas which will prove to be helpful in your final year projects and also for paticipating in the technical fests which will give you chances to will money and cerificates
16th February 2011, 06:06 AM
arunpulsar

hi!
yes. definitely IEEE membership will help in B.TECH.....during your curriculum if you wish to present paper,you can refer IEEE papers as a member. It will also help in your final year project...It will help in many ways as a part of your platform....
16th February 2011, 08:08 AM
neethubobby

hey hi
there are various advantages of having member ship of IEEE.
you can stay updated about the latest developments in the area of your interests.
apart form that, you can gain a lot of knowledge which is the core necessity to survive in any field in your job. apart from that if you have many ideas which are new and innovative, you can write a paper.
16th February 2011, 10:16 AM
Unregistered

How to become a member of IEEE?
16th February 2011, 12:16 PM
vasanthi89

Hai....for B.tech courses,there is a lot of uses by IEEE membership.If you have a good technical skills and having interests in publishing yours knowledge to others means it is good way for u.

ya,it will be surely help to you in all basis such as job,higher studies,researches etc.

It will be surely help you for your final year project searches.You can do your project by own.
16th February 2011, 03:26 PM
sabarish28

IEEE is the organisation of standards and membership init helps alot in the career of a engineer

The key values of IEEE membership are technical innovation, access to cutting-edge information, networking opportunities, and exclusive member benefits.

Few benefits
IEEE membership benefits include:
IEEE Spectrum magazine subscription
myIEEE member portal access
IEEE Xplore Digital Library discounts
IEEE Mentoring Connection
Quote:
visit : http://www.ieee.org/membership_services/membership/benefits/index.html
16th February 2011, 05:43 PM
Saikiran M

Arrow Re: How will IEEE membership help in B.Tech?

Quote:
What is IEEE membership?
IEEE membership lets you access the whole technical content across the world.

Not just as a student but also as a Engineer/professional, you can make use
of IEEE benefits. They provide you the abstracts, Digital books, magazines,
conferences,etc., of every topic that comes under any science.

How can it help you?

• It will help you a lot in presentations, projects, quiz, etc., That's not all.
  • Your knowledge will always be updated till present technology.
  • And the knowledge you gain in this trend is tremendous.
  • This will also help you do well in all kinds of exams.

Browse the IEEE website to know more about its functions..

Mahendrakar Sai Kiran ©®
16th February 2011, 07:02 PM
shalinimaurya

IEEE helps alot for btech students.
IEEE means institute of elecrical and electronics engineers.
Hence, it is basically for electrical and electronics students.
After having a membership, you will be able to get access to a number of technical papers, presentations, and also invited for different seminars which are organised by IEEE all over.
If you are linked to such a field of engineering, then you will defintely find profit after joining it.
it is world wide.
for further details, you can log on to http://www.ieee.org
16th February 2011, 07:30 PM
melwynjensen
Senior Member+++++

Am doing my final B.E in CSE.... IEEE will highly help you to do your projects, paper presentation for sure... cause many of my friends doing their project right now with IEEE published research papers.... so if you r in middle of 2nd or 3rd yr of B.Tech. I will highly recommend to join in as a student member and get some help with your professors in your college who are doing research papers in IEEE where in you can get the help right away of how to start with it........ if you r planning to present some papers in college am right away there to help you out with some tips which helped me....... ALL THE BEST....
16th February 2011, 07:45 PM

Quote:
IEEE membership will be great help for you during Btech...you can get access to thousands of journals and papers online and get in touch with the latest trends in engineering...you can also apply your papers for publishing in IEEE journals and more important you will be invited to present and attend seminars in many of the affiliated colleges...so its always good to be a member of IEEE.

if you have the membership of IEEE then you will get many advantages during your study and also after the study when you will go for job.

if you have any paper published in IEEE magazine then you should have publication certificate. also you will know so many technical news if you belongs to IEEE. when you will go for job interview and if you include that you are a member of IEEE then you will get some preference for the interview.

but if you have general student membership then you may not get good advantage of your membership

wish you very best
16th February 2011, 08:12 PM
purvang

Hey if you are really intersted to go in research side than i would say you must really go for ieee .It is very useful for students and teachers apart form paper presentation,pdf,e-books and all such stuff you can contact any ieee member may be professor or researcher any time.one can do final year project with ieee.Even in our college we "ieee explore " you can access all recent papers on developing and new technologies.

you should look at following link once:
http://www.ieee.org/membership_services/membership/benefits/index.html

i am an active ieee member and i have access to may technology magazines and many papers of research ,for final year project it was very useful because i contacted the ieee member who had same area of interest as me.

i would tell that if you would remain active as part of ieee than you would learn more than what do you do at college.If u are going to do it seriously than only become the member or else its of no use if you take it for just sake of taking it.
17th February 2011, 06:51 PM
smruti prasad das

hiiiiiiii friend
IEEE(International electrical and electronics engineering) membership lets you access the whole technical content across the world.
for B.tech couryou can stay updated about the latest developments in the area of your interests.
apart form that, you can gain a lot of knowledge which is the core necessity to survive in any field in your job. apart from that if you have many ideas which are new and innovative, you can write a paper.
21st March 2011, 09:30 PM
Unregistered

HELLO,M STUDENT OF M.TECH.WANT TO WRITE RESEARCH PAPERS THATS WHY I WANT IEEE MAMBERSHIP.SO PLS GIVE ME THE INFORMATION ABOUT AMOUNT AND HOW TO GET THIS MEMBERSHIP.
10th July 2011, 09:30 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir ,iam a student of a normal jntu affiliated college and my branch cse is not NBA accredited. Does this requires for the membership of ieee???
24th January 2012, 04:34 PM
drurv

According to me ,Just IEEE membership is not going to help you to a large extent . yes it can help you a lot if you have performed or been a part of some kind of research work .

If you are having certificate then this will help you during campusing . it means you will be called first. It means it will add an extra advantage as compared to all students . you will be given priority in research work . so these are just added advantage.
28th January 2012, 05:33 PM
Unregistered

we want to do ieee project on high speed asic design of complex multiplier using vedic mathematics.so what should we do?
7th February 2013, 05:05 PM
Unregistered

sir i am doing b.e 2nd year with eee.i dont know what are the seminars and conducting workshops .can you please explain me briefly
11th February 2013, 10:03 PM
kshreyaa
Senior Member+

but if you have general student membership then you may not get good advantage of your membership. i will say you try to publish one or two research paper in IEEE so that you can increase the value of the membership.

best wishes.
11th February 2013, 10:05 PM
kshreyaa
Senior Member+

best wishes.
27th February 2013, 08:07 AM
Unregistered

how can one join IEEE mebership nd procedure ?nd how can one take his idea to the IEEE?
i m doing my final year 2nd sem b.tech in cse nd my major prjct too started....can i take mebership now is it useful to join nw ..does it playsz a viatal role to my masters in us for good college....bscz already i am late of less awareness in this IEEE
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?