19th February 2011, 12:00 PM
G.Elakkiya

How to work in Google or Yahoo?

My drem is to work in google or yahoo........!am i eligible for that?if no means how can i make me eligible for that?how and when they start giving placements?

22nd February 2011, 11:22 PM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

Default Re: How to work in Google or Yahoo?

You didnt mention the course which you are doing.

Last few years google and yahoo and visiting Indian colleges campuses to recruit young and bright engineers.

So you can mainly find them in campus placements.

Its not that easy to get through as they have a rigourous rounds of selection. Google and Yahoo both first conduct few checks on your portfolio or your previous accomplishments. They mainly recruit top rankers of the college and with good acedamic record.

Along with that you must have good communication skills as this will be tested in personal interview session

You can even get recruited. Just found out whether both these companies come to your college campus placements and rest you can prepare yourself for it

All the best
23rd February 2011, 12:17 AM
bonyy

hi friend

Google team come for On campus placements to the best colleges. But if you are looking for some more information like off campus placements or the way by which u can join Google Just go through their career page.remember google or yahoo recruit top rankers of the university only.
Mostly you will have to send your CV to their given email id or u will have to upload it and if they will shortlist you. You will get a call from their for interview.

good luck.
23rd February 2011, 12:43 PM
yashwar sharma S.G.
Senior Member++

Well said,

Google and Yahoo are among the top companies of the world.

If you are doing engineering you can go for placements in them.

IITs and NITs are offering campus placements for these MNC companies.

I advise you that you should have a good academic records with strong communication skills.

Do well!!!
23rd February 2011, 06:56 PM
biswaranjan9

You have to go through company interview.
3rd March 2011, 07:49 PM
melwynjensen
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: How to work in Google or Yahoo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Elakkiya View Post
My drem is to work in google or yahoo........!am i eligible for that?if no means how can i make me eligible for that?how and when they start giving placements?

hello friend...

Nice to hear your dream... just keep on working in it... to work in google or yahoo is simple it just needs your hard work and confidence for it...... google and yahoo rarely come for campus placement and if so they only come in big institutes like IIT.. so how to apply for people like us..?? its simple but tough without hard work... you have to be the topper in college with 90% above in academics and then you have to work with some innovative projects, i guess you must have heard about googlecode where in people suggest several innovative codes and idea so you must be one of that kind of people... to get into google or yahoo you have to be a complete NERD and a GEEK...

hope the info. helps... All the Best...
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?