19th August 2012, 04:30 PM
kv. harikrishna

How to write CPT exam in December? I am studying B.Com 2nd year

sir,
I am studying B.com 2nd year and also preparing for CPT exam. I will write exam in december of this year. and after completio CPT , i want to do IPCC after completion of degree. Is it better way or not.
please suggest me.

21st August 2012, 08:14 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to write CPT exam in December? I am studying B.Com 2nd year

Quote:
Originally Posted by kv. harikrishna View Post
sir,
I am studying B.com 2nd year and also preparing for CPT exam. I will write exam in december of this year. and after completio CPT , i want to do IPCC after completion of degree. Is it better way or not.
please suggest me.
In order to take common Proficiency test to be held in December 2012, you must register for the same before 01-10-2012. The notification regarding the upcoming common proficiency test has not been yet published by The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India. Once the notification is issued, examination forms will be made available, which must be filled up and submitted by registered candidates.

If you are willing to pursue Integrated Professional Competence Course (IPCC) after completion of your bachelors degree program , you can do so without qualifying common proficiency test provided you score a minimum of 55% marks in your B.Com final year examination. Commerce graduates with 55% or more in the qualifying examination are exempted from common proficiency test. Graduates belonging to disciplines other than commerce, need to score a minimum of 60% in the bachelors degree examination to get exemption from common proficiency test and to be considered eligible for direct enrollment in Integrated Professional Competence Course.

For more information, refer to the official website of The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India.
18th September 2012, 05:32 PM
Unregistered

sir now i m doing puc 1st year and i want to do ca so what should i do and where should cpt entrance exam .would you plz tell me
18th September 2012, 06:24 PM
Arpit_30
Senior Member+

If you are willing to pursue Integrated Professional Competence Course (IPCC) after completion of your bachelors degree program , you can do so without qualifying common proficiency test provided you score a minimum of 55% marks in your B.Com final year examination. Commerce graduates with 55% or more in the qualifying examination are exempted from common proficiency test. Graduates belonging to disciplines other than commerce, need to score a minimum of 60% in the bachelors degree examination to get exemption from common proficiency test and to be considered eligible for direct enrollment in Integrated Professional Competence Course.

For more information, refer to the official website of The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India.
18th September 2012, 07:44 PM
santhoshkumar1988

The Central Council has approved the new announcement of allowing a Graduate student (B.com, B.Sc., BBA,etc) to directly join the IPCC course without writing CA-CPT Exam. The council announced that the eligibility criteria for the graduates to write IPCC directly is as under:

1. In case of a Commerce Graduate – 55%

2. In case of a Non-Commerce Graduate – 60%

ICAI has confirmed on this and Read this for Eligibility Criteria : Graduates/ Post Graduates are Exempted from Writing CPT and are eligible to directly join IPCC and Articleship

Notification of CPT exam in december

No.13-CA (EXAM)/CPT/December/2012: In pursuance of Regulation 22 of the Chartered Accountants Regulations, 1988, the Council of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India is pleased to notify that the Common Proficiency Test (Paper- Pencil Mode) will be held on Sunday, 16th December, 2012 in two sessions as below, at the following centres provided that sufficient number of candidates offer themselves to appear from each centre.

First Session

(i.e. Morning Session) 10.30 AM to 12.30 PM (IST)
Section - A Fundamentals of Accounting
Section - B Mercantile Laws

Second Session

(i.e. Afternoon Session) 2.00 PM to 4.00 PM (IST)
Section - C General Economics
Section - D Quantitative Aptitude

EXAMINATION CENTRES (IN INDIA):
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	230534.jpg
Views:	989
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	114036  
18th September 2012, 10:18 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Hi dear.............
As you are interested for appearing CPT exam in December for this you have to register in ICAI i.e Institute of Chartered Accountant India .
Before 6 months because in October you have to fill up the form for appearing exam.

The CA course structure :

Fees structure :

The list of best books for CPT exam which you prepare along with ICAI study Mate:

Good luck..............
27th September 2012, 04:41 PM
Unregistered

sir.
i have scored in cost accounting-66,business mathmatics and statistics-57,marcantile law-47,the aggrigate of these 3 subjects
are 57percentage am i eligible for getting exemption from cpt exam
27th September 2012, 07:49 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Why are you preparing for the CPT when you would most likely won't require to appear for it. You are completing gradaution and in case you don't know, candidates who have completed graduation are eligible for direct admission for IPCC however there are certain requirements.

You should complete B.Com with 55 percent marks to be eligible.

While candidates pursuing other graduation courses need 60 percent marks.

Therefore you should wait till completing of the course. Try to get 55 percent marks in B.Com which would give you direct admission in IPCC course. There is no need to prepare for the CPT exam at all.

Only prepare for the exam in case you failed to score 55 percent marks in the graduation course. My advice to you is concenctrate on your B.Com, get 55 percent marks and just forget about the CPT course. This is the best way to go forward. Don't strain yourself with extra burden of CPT while you are also pursuing B.Com

IPCC is the second stage of Chartered Accountancy course. There would be seven papers that you will need to clear to pass the IPCC course. These papers are divided into 2 groups.

Group 1

1. Accounting

2. Business Laws,Ethics and Communication

3. Cost Accounting and Financial Management

4. Taxation

Group 2

5. Advanced Accounting

6. Auditing and Assurance

7. Information Technology and Strategic Management
27th September 2012, 09:31 PM
sudha001

Hello Friend,

you have to fill the Applications for admission to Common Proficiency Test is required to be made in the relevant prescribed form as contained in the Information Brochure, which may be obtained from the Additional Secretary (Examinations), The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, ICAI Bhawan, Indraprastha Marg, New Delhi – 110 002 on payment of Rs. 1000/- (Rs.500/- towards examination fee and Rs. 500/- towards cost of application form and Information brochure) per application form.
Common Proficiency Test application forms duly filled in may be sent so as to reach the Additional Secretary (Examinations) at New Delhi not later than 26th October, 2012.
It may be noted that there is no provision for acceptance of application forms after 26th October, 2012 .
Common Proficiency Test (CPT) is open only to those students who are already registered with the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India for the said course on or before 5th October, 2012 and fulfill the requisite eligibility conditions.

First Session
(i.e. Morning Session)

10.30 AM to 12.30 PM (IST)
Section - A Fundamentals of Accounting
Section - B Mercantile Laws

Second Session
(i.e. Afternoon Session)

2.00 PM to 4.00 PM (IST)
Section - C General Economics
Section - D Quantitative Aptitude

exam conducted :

The main/final examinations for the course at this level (CPT) are conducted twice every year on the first sunday of the months of June and December. The examinations are generally conducted on specified dates every year. The dates do not change except under extraordinary circumstances.
June Examination
June 8, 2008; June 7, 2009;

December Examination
December 7, 2008; December 6, 2009;

Pursuing this level along with 10 + 2!!
There would also be no restriction for this level being taken up after 10 + 2 (Or) with regard to this level being pursued along with formal graduation course (B.Com)

Best Wishes ...
1st October 2012, 09:28 PM
Unregistered

when i get my hall ticket for cpt exam after registration?
1st October 2012, 09:34 PM
Unregistered

when i get my hall ticket for cpt exam after registration
15th November 2012, 04:30 PM
Unregistered

will i be able to cmplete my prep if i start now? I'm not blank but still have alot to do.
5th June 2013, 04:59 PM
Unregistered

i am a student given hsc from sci 2012-2013 can i do CA and can give exam in this december 2013??
6th February 2014, 06:20 PM
bsharath123

it is better to to complete bcom next you freely enter into ca coching without writing cpt
21st November 2020, 12:13 PM
Unregistered

Am inter 2nd year how can i attend cpt ...can i do my cpt exam by doing b.com at the same year
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?