22nd August 2011, 10:37 PM
akhilamulukutla

When and how to apply for M.Tech if I am studying 2nd year CSE? Am I eligible to write the exam in 3rd year itself?

sir/mam;
i am a student of 2nd year c.s.e i want to pursue my m.tech i want some guiding principles such as when and how to apply ?am i eligible to write da xam in 3rd year it self

23rd August 2011, 04:17 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: When and how to apply for M.Tech if I am studying 2nd year CSE? Am I eligible to write the exam in 3rd year itself?

You are not eligible to appear the exam yet. You can appear the exam either when you are in the final year or after completion of the same. So the earliest you can appear the exam is 2014. You should have cleared the graduation course at the time of the results. You can start preparing for the exam when you are in the third year.
24th August 2011, 03:36 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: When and how to apply for M.Tech if I am studying 2nd year CSE? Am I eligible to write the exam in 3rd year itself?

dear friend,
As you want to go for M.tech after completion of B.tech, then you have to appear in GATE exam..
After getting a good GATE score you will get a chance to take admission in M.tech in a good college..

You are now in 2nd year, then you can start your preparation for the GATE exam from the end of 2nd year..
You can appear in GATE exam while you are in 3rd year of B.tech..
But it will be tough to crack the exam at that time..
as many of the questions in GATE exam are come from 3rd year syllabus..
So, it is not possible for you to cover the whole 3rd year syllabus at that time.
But, you can appear in GATE for gathering some experience...

The validity of GATE score card, remains for 2 years..
You can join some coaching classes to prepare yourself for the exam..
Study the text book throughly, try clear all your doubts in technical subjects..
Make a strong base..
All the best..
7th October 2011, 11:47 PM
convertor

Hello friend, ya you are eligible for m.tech course after completing b.tech/be course. It is a good choice for your future. For m.tech admission, you write graduation aptitude test for engineering(gate) entrance exam. Final year graduates are eligible for this exam. So, you write 4th year. There is no age limit for this exam. Best of luck
31st October 2011, 03:35 AM
vinay21feb
Senior Member+++

Well sorry to say,3rd year candidates are not eligible for GATE.Pre-final year students re not eligible for gate.
If you are in final year you are eligible for gate exam.

GATE score is valid for 2 years.

There is no limit on the number of attempts for you can give for the gate exam.....
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?