27th September 2010, 10:56 AM
Admin
Administrator

::[IDEA] Daily Competitions for Scholarships::

So one of the members has just sent us a nice suggestion saying: while our fortnightly (every 15 days) scholarships are doing fine, we should also introduce daily competitions because it can be a lot more fun and obviously good for the forum too.

For Example: We can choose 10 winners daily and provide them scholarship money which they can withdraw only after reaching a certain threshold. Winners can take home Rs 10 to Rs 100 for 10th rank and 1st rank respectively. This is just daily competitions, the fortnightly scholarship will still go on. So in this way if you manage to win daily for a whole month.. you will win Rs 30*100 = Rs 3000 aggregate in daily competitions and Rs. 1100+1100 = Rs 2200 in fortnightly. Total = Rs. 5,200/-. Not bad at all.

What do you think about this idea? Any suggestions/ideas?

[Note: We can't promise that we will definitely implement this idea. If it proves to be positive on all fronts we might give it a shot. Let's see.]

---------------[UPDATE #1]--------------------

Thanks for your suggestions. Right now we are thinking about this arrangement:

Daily Scholarships:

1st Rank ----- Rs. 110
2nd Rank ----- Rs. 100
3rd Rank ----- Rs. 95
4th Rank ----- Rs. 90
5th Rank ----- Rs. 85
6th Rank ----- Rs. 50
7th Rank ----- Rs. 75
8th Rank ----- Rs. 70
9th Rank ----- Rs. 65
10th Rank ---- Rs. 60
11th Rank ---- Rs. 55
12th Rank ---- Rs. 50
13th Rank ---- Rs. 45
14th Rank ---- Rs. 40
15th Rank ---- Rs. 35
16th Rank ---- Rs. 30
17th Rank ---- Rs. 25
18th Rank ---- Rs. 20
19th Rank ---- Rs. 15
20th Rank ---- Rs. 10

Monthly Scholarships: (fortnightly will change to monthly)

1st Rank ----- Rs. 2000
2nd Rank ----- Rs. 1900
3rd Rank ----- Rs. 1800
4th Rank ----- Rs. 1700
5th Rank ----- Rs. 1600
6th Rank ----- Rs. 1500
7th Rank ----- Rs. 1400
8th Rank ----- Rs. 1300
9th Rank ----- Rs. 1200
10th Rank ---- Rs. 1100
11th Rank ---- Rs. 1000
12th Rank ---- Rs. 900
13th Rank ---- Rs. 800
14th Rank ---- Rs. 700
15th Rank ---- Rs. 600
16th Rank ---- Rs. 500
17th Rank ---- Rs. 400
18th Rank ---- Rs. 300
19th Rank ---- Rs. 200
20th Rank ---- Rs. 100

Let us know your thoughts on this.

[If everything goes right we will launch this from 1st of November]

---------------[UPDATE #2]--------------------

Some more thoughts:

- We can't limit this to only new members... senior members will lose out on all the fun.
- New comers will have better chances in this new system than the current system
- Withdrawal threshold can be kept at Rs. 1,000/- this will be the amount reaching which you can withdraw your amount, the amount will get accumulated up-till then.
- We can credit Rs. 100/- to every new member's account.. as a welcome gesture. It can be encouraging.
- For forum staff, the work will increase tremendously but we won't compromise on the quality. Proper moderation will be done on daily basis.

27th September 2010, 01:10 PM
shilpakan

Thumbs up Re: ::[IDEA] Daily Competitions for Scholarships::

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin View Post
So one of the members has just sent us a nice suggestion saying: while our fortnightly (every 15 days) scholarships are doing fine, we should also introduce daily competitions because it can be a lot more fun and obviously good for the forum too.

For Example: We can choose 10 winners daily and provide them scholarship money which they can withdraw only after reaching a certain threshold. Winners can take home Rs 10 to Rs 100 for 10th rank and 1st rank respectively. This is just daily competitions, the fortnightly scholarship will still go on. So in this way if you manage to win daily for a whole month.. you will win Rs 30*100 = Rs 3000 aggregate in daily competitions and Rs. 1100+1100 = Rs 2200 in fortnightly. Total = Rs. 5,200/-. Not bad at all.

[Note: We can't promise that we will definitely implement this idea. If it proves to be positive on all fronts we might give it a shot. Let's see.]
Hello, i want to join this competitions. so plz tell me how can i join this. thanks.
i want join this buz do my level best for my competition exam. also want to know my status.
thanks
27th September 2010, 04:08 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: ::[IDEA] Daily Competitions for Scholarships::

this idea is very good. but i think it will be more better if you follow my suggestion. i think it should be better if you choose the best answer of the day. at the end of everyday the best answer will be chosen by expert or in other way. the answer will not depends on his point. he may be a junior or senior member if the answer is the best answer of the day he will get scholarship. the scholarship will be only of Rs.100/- i think this will improve the quality of answer. but if you go towards your suggestion there will not improve the quality of answer everyone will try to give answer very soon and quality will decrease although number of answer will be increased. i think you should find the quality answer not high number of answer. it's depends on you. you may trey for my suggestion.
27th September 2010, 07:14 PM
krishan saini skd

this is the best idea of student because this is not difficult and I am advised for the all student you take this scholar game
27th September 2010, 08:06 PM
nuzhat fathima

yes that's an great idea.it would help us too and we would also get interest and send more information or replies
27th September 2010, 08:12 PM
poplu13
Senior Member+

Giving it a shot will not be a bad idea atall...because a fast and immediate result will attract many...

and secondly it will be really good for the forum as am sure there will be more number of posts..than iin a fortnightly competition....

So i think it will be a great idea to implement...

a thumbs up from my point of view...

nice idea...
27th September 2010, 09:20 PM
Saikiran M

Lightbulb Re: ::[IDEA] Daily Competitions for Scholarships::

The offer is Well and good. But I am confused to say if it is wonderful or bad...!!

One fact - If regular fortnight members do compete in Daily Competitions also, then the new members who end up before reaching top 20 will still face an opaque competition from consistent fortnight members in daily system too. Same previous problem arises again.

This offer will be useful for the seasonal members OR who answer less consistently..

Benefit - Improves the earnings to top 20 members (2200PM to 5200PM) which was being continuously requested by the regular members. Hence one problem is resolved.

SUGGESTION
  1. Introduce this daily Competions system only to the members raking below 20.
  2. Improve the earnings of top 20 ranks if point 1 is implemented..
This is just a suggestion. Let me know if there are any contradictions to this....

Thank you.
27th September 2010, 11:24 PM
princearyan
Senior Member+

sir.
there is no any doubt that this is really brillent idea.
and the number of the participating of the mumber will be increase and also the competion will be very good.and this websites will be also very popular.and it help the students finacially.but matter is when you are going to implement.becase there also other types of the scholarship scheme is under the process and till now that is not being implemented.
28th September 2010, 01:00 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Respected Sir

Yes definately !

This is a fantastic idea. But the question is that, when these ideas will be implemented as per my friend princearyan says.

Because manny ideas was come, but no one can be implemented.

So, please think about these ideas and select one of the best idea and implement it soon as possible.
28th September 2010, 11:30 AM
nillu
Senior Member+

Quote:

I think that this idea is good enough to be implemented.
So my sincere thanks to the guy who suggestd it.
This idea if implemented could make the healthy competetion to grow and fortnightly rankings will also go high. As it remains very low.
Many individuals who could not give their time daily or consistly could also benefit, on their daily basis if they give quality answer.

The suggestion given by the friend james that by judjing the quality of anwers will become little tough as condition will arise when more answers will be of qualiuty.
S please try to implement this new scholarship program as early as possible.
28th September 2010, 10:11 PM
alekhya

Quote:

if you conduct daily scholarships program there is a chance of winning all the people atleast once for a time and there is chance for all people to participate because some peple will be busy at some times
28th September 2010, 10:44 PM
akula saikiran

sir,
this is really a great idea of giving scholarships to the students through which many students can come forward and take part.So in my point of view i would tell that let everybody participate and select the best 20 among all so that everybody gets a chance to improve themselves as well as win the scholarship.
29th September 2010, 12:09 AM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

respected sir,
Its really a very good idea! But dont you think that such type of daily evaluation of the answers increases t only a lot of pressure to the forum employees but also there is a chance of decreaasing the members of the forum instead of increasing.As each and every member tries to perform better & they all are the most active members ,and they are the only winners.But what will happen to your newcomers?They will develop the ill-wills against the forum and might think that its a part of partiality.so its better to implement it for your newcomers as a welcome & give them a chance to win for 3 months,and if they succeed then they will be upgraded for the fortnightly succeed.The better they perform ,the earlier they succeed and it will be a true judgement.
29th September 2010, 09:27 AM
Admin
Administrator

I have updated the post with additional details. Please check.
29th September 2010, 11:23 AM
chaitu667

Hello!

I think this idea is great and the competition increases. May be most of the guys around this forum will love this. Nothing to say but it is good, better and the best is yet to come.

Thank you!
29th September 2010, 08:01 PM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

hi.
i think this idea is also good ,but care should be taken on the quality of answer ,
more over this system will give added incentive to the forum members and i think the number of members are surely going to increase ,
over all an good idea
29th September 2010, 08:55 PM
mohit brh

Dear sir,
i want to say that this idea is really good for all the member and this is really funny,very competitive . this is very short information i want to ask that it is necessary to post answer daily ??

thank
30th September 2010, 01:08 AM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Good Scheme

No doubt that this scheme is good one and it should be Implemented right from 16th November because nothing will be bigger surprize then this one on the occasion of 1st Anniversary of Forum. However 1st Nov is also good one.

I would like to edit it slightly so that it will look better.

Quote:
Monthly Scholarships: (fortnightly will change to monthly)

1st Rank ----- Rs. 2000
2nd Rank ----- Rs. 1900
3rd Rank ----- Rs. 1800
4th Rank ----- Rs. 1700
5th Rank ----- Rs. 1600
6th Rank ----- Rs. 1500
7th Rank ----- Rs. 1400
8th Rank ----- Rs. 1300
9th Rank ----- Rs. 1200
10th Rank ---- Rs. 1100
11th Rank ---- Rs. 1000
12th Rank ---- Rs. 900
13th Rank ---- Rs. 800
14th Rank ---- Rs. 700
15th Rank ---- Rs. 600
16th Rank ---- Rs. 500
17th Rank ---- Rs. 400
18th Rank ---- Rs. 300
19th Rank ---- Rs. 200
20th Rank ---- Rs. 100
Means just like what it was when the Forum was freshly introduced.

However, everything is fine except the 20th rank its still Rs.100, whereas all get Rs. 50 Increased.

I think it would start such that 1st Rank---Rs.2100 and close at 20th Rank Rs.---200.

Quote:
For forum staff, the work will increase tremendously but we won't compromise on the quality. Proper moderation will be done on daily basis.
Well said but no need to worry as our "Moderator" are best one's to handle this responsibility.

And apart we [TAFP] are also here to take care of our Forum. As I always keep eye on Quality issue of New commers, will also take care of it in frequent times.

Thanking You
~Faiyaz~
30th September 2010, 01:24 PM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

for the updation amount-
to get the 20th rank ,a student must type at least 50 answers daily & for that HE spends at least 5 hours to maintain the quality.and the cost of its daily electricity bill is Rs.20 to work on a computer as computer cant run without electricity.well,though a student can provide HIS services but to spend money for getting RS.10/ only will not match the criteria
30th September 2010, 01:50 PM
Admin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen gola View Post
for the updation amount-
to get the 20th rank ,a student must type at least 50 answers daily & for that HE spends at least 5 hours to maintain the quality.and the cost of its daily electricity bill is Rs.20 to work on a computer as computer cant run without electricity.well,though a student can provide HIS services but to spend money for getting RS.10/ only will not match the criteria
50 Answers to get 20th Rank? Nope.. I am pretty sure 1-10 answers will be enough for that. If the competition increases we'll increase the amounts accordingly. Moreover, participants are not working as employees here.. they are here to help people.. and in return they are increasing their knowledge, writing skills and feeling good about helping people. Scholarships are just a way to show some gratitude. Rankings are there to add little fun. If our budget will allow we'll bring more attractive plans in future.
30th September 2010, 06:33 PM
kool
Senior Member++

dear sir,
No doubt this idea is very sparking , which will increase the competition in this forum.

But i have one more suggestion that if you fix a certain no. of post for any candidate & after giving the no. of post he/she will get scholarship, then it will increase answer quality as well as reduce competition also.
30th September 2010, 08:06 PM
Saikiran M

Lightbulb Re: ::[IDEA] Daily Competitions for Scholarships::

With the combined systems... i.e., Daily and Monthly scholarships, the member's work will get added with more competition. This is good for both the forum and the consistent members. But the previously stated problem still persists with the new members... they will have to work for 15 days just for raising their points per answer!! please think regarding this.

But coming to the monthly scholarships.. it has got worse!! Members are interested and thus requesting to raise the scholarship amounts.. instead they have got reduced!!! i.e., 2200 to 2000. I don't think this will increase enthusiasm in current members...

And about the reward of Rs.100 to new registered members... This is hazardous to the forum. Here lets know how....
1. Traffic of Spammers increase highly.
2. Due to first reason, the work to moderators gets increased by four times....
3. The competition due to spammers increases, resulting in lower ranks to less answering good members.

So, above all the current system is going well. let it go on....

And please please think a thousand times before changing the present system to monthly system.

Regards,
1st October 2010, 12:10 AM
sanjusabu

I think this is really a very good idea as every day winner will be changed .
Every winner will get more enthusiasm for devote more for education forum.
So, try to implement it as quickly as possible.
2nd October 2010, 12:27 AM
bijaylaxmi

realy this will be agreat opertunity and encoureging idea for the fresher. Daily compititions for scholarships should apply.
2nd October 2010, 08:55 AM
yashwanth

great idea
i wanna join inform me the deatils about this when will it start
2nd October 2010, 01:58 PM
cmyakal

Smile Re: ::[IDEA] Daily Competitions for Scholarships::

NICE IDEA...I like the idea,but i think that price shud be a bit increased..so that it will encourage the members to participate in daily scholarships....
2nd October 2010, 08:16 PM
docshakti

it's very interesting n even very innovative idea.it will not only increase the quality of answers but also even increase the level of competition.i hope this idea will be soon implemented which is very much beneficial for everyone.
2nd October 2010, 11:30 PM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

I agree with Saikiran ...

It will increase spam and will take away the main soul of the forum and students will be more inclined to earning money than helping others.

It will indeed pressurize the student. Think of those who are school or college students. This can affect their study life as they will daily think on how to top todays scholaship etc

So thats my view
3rd October 2010, 09:53 AM
Unregistered

its a great idea of a daily competiton
3rd October 2010, 04:25 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
for the updation amount-
So much calculative. What do you use computer or laptop?
Since computer obviously consumes more energy than laptop. Most of the laptops consume 65W
hence 5 hrs would consume: 5*65=325W
Which is equal to .325 Unit in a day
Equals to .325*30=9.75 Units in a month
Equals to 9.75*4.5=43.875INR

Means total electricity bill is almost 44rupees.
Happy to get 56 rupees at 20th rank , however admin is right that 50 post per day will make you eligible for 1st rank not for 20th rank!!(as you stated in your question)
3rd October 2010, 07:50 PM
Admin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saikiran M View Post
With the combined systems... i.e., Daily and Monthly scholarships, the member's work will get added with more competition. This is good for both the forum and the consistent members. But the previously stated problem still persists with the new members... they will have to work for 15 days just for raising their points per answer!! please think regarding this.

But coming to the monthly scholarships.. it has got worse!! Members are interested and thus requesting to raise the scholarship amounts.. instead they have got reduced!!! i.e., 2200 to 2000. I don't think this will increase enthusiasm in current members...

And about the reward of Rs.100 to new registered members... This is hazardous to the forum. Here lets know how....
1. Traffic of Spammers increase highly.
2. Due to first reason, the work to moderators gets increased by four times....
3. The competition due to spammers increases, resulting in lower ranks to less answering good members.

So, above all the current system is going well. let it go on....

And please please think a thousand times before changing the present system to monthly system.
Competition should increase and there will surely be more attempts to abuse the points system.. but with increased scrutiny on moderations side, I think we can combat this. There is no chance any spammer can end up ranking in top 20. Last minute evaluation will take care of that. Going from 2200 to 2000.... .. it's not just 2000..the monthly winer would surely end up winning a lot of daily contests too. So it will be much more than 2200 in aggregate.
3rd October 2010, 08:02 PM
Mansi Gandhi

i think it is such a brilliant thing to start this competition........
this is not only a competion but a place where a lot of knowledge, current topics which i think is the best for the students...............
3rd October 2010, 08:30 PM
Saikiran M

Talking Re: ::[IDEA] Daily Competitions for Scholarships::

Quote:
Competition should increase and there will surely be more attempts to abuse the points system.. but with increased scrutiny on moderations side, I think we can combat this. There is no chance any spammer can end up ranking in top 20. Last minute evaluation will take care of that. Going from 2200 to 2000.... .. it's not just 2000..the monthly winer would surely end up winning a lot of daily contests too. So it will be much more than 2200 in aggregate.
Dear ADMIN,

I am convinced with you for now... Okay then implement this system once
as an experiment. If we succeed with almost or near to zero drawbacks,
we can continue with this system...

And personally i have no regrets with any thing here anytime. I am just
doing my job HERE putting all my efforts for the best after taking out some
time, out of my busy schedule...

AND

One more thing i wanted to discuss about is... Likewise Regular members,
Even the TAFP members shall also have some bonus kind of thing...
I was interested about this because some or the other day, even i will be
a TAFP member.. I strongly hope so...

Lastly i want to share one thing.. as the days are progressing a kind of love
is coming up in my heart for our forum... I feel like saying.. ILU EE.NET...

Best Regards,
4th October 2010, 01:37 AM
mseetharamster

yes this is a good idea to implement daily scholarships
4th October 2010, 08:16 PM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

respected sir,
as I have not paid it attention earlier,its not fair that "fortnightly"will be change to "monthly".It means only one candidate is given a chance to be at no:1 and now they are 2. Sir,though only one member of each rank gets a better amount but for the point of justice "Its Not Fair" as now there are 40 members who are appreciated every month which decreases to 20 only.
"Its better to receive lesser amount but its more important to rewarding more members."
6th October 2010, 01:23 PM
aotiwari

It would be better to keep daily competitions, and make sure the quality of answers is good. Answers should have quality. Just because of the idea to win the answers given by people are detoriating or a mere copy of above.
7th October 2010, 06:43 AM
helpmaster

the idea of daily scholarship was very good and i was just waiting for it to be implemented and take part in it but its really disaapointing that it not started in this session.
hoping it soon to start.
7th October 2010, 08:09 AM
asahu47
Senior Member+++

hii..
gr8 idea....
but when will i recive my sep1 to sept 15th money?//
its allready 3 weeks..
7th October 2010, 11:28 AM
Kishor mehra

Wink Re: ::[IDEA] Daily Competitions for Scholarships::

its a nice idea but all people may not attend everyday so this is main disadvantage
7th October 2010, 09:17 PM
Saikiran M

Arrow Re: ::[IDEA] Daily Competitions for Scholarships::

Quote:
respected sir,
As of now, there are 40 members who are appreciated every month which decreases to 20 only.

"Its better to receive lesser amount but its more important to rewarding more members."
Even i do agree with this..

Monthly scholarships are not at all better than fortnightly scholarships...
One of the reason is as stated above in 'quote'

Other reason is.. due to monthly scholarship competition, the members
ranking just below 20 till 50 may become inactive due to disappointment of
not getting a penny for a month of hard work /time spared for it..

Hence i don't recommend monthly scholarships!! as it may lead to weakening of member force of the forum.

8th October 2010, 02:11 PM
Kishor mehra

i agree with this, amount may be less but should be given to many so many will be motivated.
its not amount which matter for competition rather its to got prize.
8th October 2010, 02:59 PM
Sanjiv sharma

Hello sir
The idea for introducing daily rewards is brilliant and nice because if you introduce new system in scholarship one will try to deliever his best for making point.The advice seeker student will get more accurate and sufficient informations relating to their questions.The reputation of the fourm become high.I appreciate you all for this amazing and wonderful idea and wish for its launch soon.
regards
9th October 2010, 01:11 PM
bhushree

this idea is fentastic for all the students & i think it shoud be impement as soon as possible
9th October 2010, 04:10 PM
Support
Forum Staff

Ammount is less because first we are going to experiment by implementing it.

We will analyse the whole thing, if everything will be fine then we will consider it as a successful experiment, and eventually all the benefits and priorities will get increase slowly-silently depending upon the situations.

In short the scholarship ammounts are directly proporsational to popularity of the whole scheme keeping mind that new comers will get benefitted.
9th October 2010, 05:49 PM
RAKESH KUMAR.N
Senior Member+

your ideas are good, but my suggestion is that for having the scholarship 15 days , you can have it for 10 days, so it is easy to have great ideas with each other in short period time, if you have 15 days we should spend more time and more number of question, we should have less number of question, so that for one question lot of ideas we will get to solve the question, like wise if you have for one one days, one department question, it is be good
11th October 2010, 11:51 PM
August
Senior Member+

well the idea is good but i want o tell something that

1.daily basis scholarship is good. and it is commonly accepted that more participants will join. so as they will give hard work for giving answers so the money amount should be increased like 1st position -200.

2.quality of answer may be disturbed.

3.fortnight scholarship should continue. the time duration should not be increased to 1 month.

4. final result of the should be the sum of both 15 days scholarship and the daily ones.
e.g- suppose on daily basis you have won total 400 and your fortnight scholarship is 1000.
your final scholarship amount will be 1400 of that fortnight.

5.ideas are for new implementation not only for opinion polls.
12th October 2010, 12:09 AM
Support
Forum Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAKESH KUMAR.N View Post
your ideas are good, but my suggestion is that for having the scholarship 15 days , you can have it for 10 days, so it is easy to have great ideas with each other in short period time, if you have 15 days we should spend more time and more number of question, we should have less number of question, so that for one question lot of ideas we will get to solve the question, like wise if you have for one one days, one department question, it is be good

Reducing the scholarship from 30 days to 10 days is not a wise decision.

We dont want to make this forum a "Money Making Machine"

Yeah ammount is low just because of experimenting purpose, its it get success, ammount will eventually get increased.

Dont worry for that.
22nd March 2011, 01:56 AM
amlendu
Senior Member++

hi,
this idea is very good. but i think it will be more better if you follow my suggestion. i think it should be better if you choose the best answer of the day. at the end of everyday the best answer will be chosen by expert or in other way. the answer will not depends on his point. he may be a junior or senior member if the answer is the best answer of the day he will get scholarship. the scholarship will be only of Rs.100/- i think this will improve the quality of answer. but if you go towards your suggestion there will not improve the quality of answer everyone will try to give answer very soon and quality will decrease although number of answer will be increased. i think you should find the quality answer not high number of answer. it's depends on you. you may trey for my suggestion.
thank
11th April 2011, 05:43 PM
zeeshan87
Senior Member+

daily one good
17th September 2011, 12:47 AM
kamranuzzaman05

hi...
idea is very good. but i think it will be more better if you follow my suggestion.
hard work every one.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?