3rd October 2010, 03:54 AM
sudipkarak

If the exam asks for B.E candidates then can I appear for it with B.Tech degree? Difference between B.E and B.Tech?

I am EC 3rd yr B.Tech Student. My query : Some compititive exams form have mention only for B.E. So, as a B.Tech student can I apply those exams? Anyone give me details list which exam for B.E and which exam for B.Tech?
And please tell me difference between B.E. and B.Tech. Please send me this answer in my email ID:[email protected]

31st July 2011, 10:39 PM
sumitkumarsharma
Senior Member+

Wink Re: If the exam asks for B.E candidates then can I appear for it with B.Tech degree? Difference between B.E and B.Tech?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudipkarak View Post
I am EC 3rd yr B.Tech Student. My query : Some compititive exams form have mention only for B.E. So, as a B.Tech student can I apply those exams? Anyone give me details list which exam for B.E and which exam for B.Tech?
And please tell me difference between B.E. and B.Tech. Please send me this answer in my email ID:[email protected]

Dear friend
1. B.E-BACHELOR OF ENGINEERING

2.B.TECH_BACHELOR OF TECHNOLOGY

These are same qualifications only name is change ,if you have done B.E then you are eligible for B.TECH exam...........

Here only Difference is ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY.........
1st August 2011, 04:34 PM
amar.sneh

Default Re: If the exam asks for B.E candidates then can I appear for it with B.Tech degree? Difference between B.E and B.Tech?

yes, sure you can apply for those exams which asks for B.E. degree as both the degrees are equivalent.

First please note that there is no difference between these degrees in terms of value and scope. BE and B.Tech have smilar scope and future and on the same time ME and M.Tech have same scope future.

Now let’s dig the question little deep. If BE and B.Tech or ME and M.Tech have same value and scope why the names are different.

Right after independence of India we have two types of universities, one that offers degrees in many fields like Sciences, Arts, Education and Engineering too, and the second set of universities (were named as institutes) offer only degrees in engineering. Universities those offer other degrees along with engineering named their engineering degree as BE (Bachelor of Engineering) and Institute constituted for only Engineering studies named their degree as B.Tech (Bachelor of Technology).

Now as AICTE approve courses most of the courses are same and identical for BE and B.Tech. The universities those offering BE when started new courses named them to B.Tech too.

No degree, BE or B.Tech and ME or M.Tech is superior other others in terms of theory or experiment. BE and B.Tech or ME and M.Tech are same. Both of them are same and have similar scope and future. If there is some notification for BE, B.Tech’s are also eligible to apply and vise versa.

moreover,
BE is knowledge oriented.
B Tech is skill oriented.
Now-a-days, nobody is caring of the difference. Its only University dependeny. Strictly speaking, BE is more theoritical and B Tech is more practical. In BE we study the reasons also in depth. In B Tech we concentrate on skills. Deciding what is greater degree is dependent on the application/job you are doing. Engineers feel that BE is greater then B Tech. Hands-on-experience is preferable to knowledge in many countries (not in INDIA. In India, knowledge is only provided. People are not interested in hands-on-experience.) In many countries, an Engineer without skill is not an Engineer. To focus this point, B Tech course was developed. This way B Tech is greater than BE. Now, no difference.
1st August 2011, 11:51 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: If the exam asks for B.E candidates then can I appear for it with B.Tech degree? Difference between B.E and B.Tech?

hi dear
both are equal
B E- Bachelor in engineering
B.TECH- Bachelor in Technology
here we only see there is no difference between two.
but you go for
some college previous they provide BE degree but
now a days all college give B.TECH degree

So where require BE degree you can also apply for that........
4th October 2011, 11:37 PM
convertor

Hello friend, BE stands for bachelor of engineering and B.TECH stands for bachelor of technology. Both are same courses only. In Some colleges, BE is named as b.tech. So, be and b.tech are same. All the best
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?