24th August 2016, 12:16 PM
Unregistered

If I complete PhD in Political science, can I apply for Lecturer post in colleges?

I have already completed pg from a private university. Now I want to take Ph.D degree in political science, and my question is, if I complete the Ph.D degree can I apply for the lecturer post in colleges?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I do PhD in Political Science if haven't studied the subject at post graduation level?
  2. Am I eligible for the post of government polytechnic college?
  3. How to become a professor in college after graduating with pass class? Can I appear for B.Ed?
  4. Admission procedure to study PhD in Political Science in Banasthali University?
  5. Ph.D after completing M.A in political science with 55%?
  6. Can I study PhD in Political Science if secured 57% in M.A.(Political Science) from Dr. Bhim Rao Ambedkar University, Agra?
  7. Higher studies options after post graduation in Political Science? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Can I become a Lecturer if completed Post Graduation through correspondence?
  9. Admission procedure, course duration and list of colleges which offer PhD in Political Science?
  10. Is it necessary to do M.Phil to study PhD? Topics related to Political Science to study in PhD?
  11. Am I eligible to become a Lecturer after completing B.A.(Political Science)?
  12. Is it necessary to appear in NET/SLET to become a Lecturer in UP and Delhi for a PhD holder?
  13. Can I apply for lecturer post in government polytechnic after M.Sc 2nd year? -- [New]
  14. How to do PhD in Computer Science for an Assistant Lecturer?
  15. Is it a good idea to do a job as a lecturer in Government Polytechnic Colleges in Delhi? How to apply and what are the requirements to become a lecturer in Polytechnic colleges?
  16. How to do Ph.D in Political Science? Which are the universities offering Ph.D in Hindi Medium
  17. Possibility to study PhD in Political Science for MBA(Personnel Management) postgraduate?
  18. Am I eligible for the post of lecturer in government polytechnic colleges? What's the applying procedure for the same? I've completed B.E(ECE)
24th August 2016, 06:31 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

Default Re: If I complete PhD in Political science, can I apply for Lecturer post in colleges?

Even if you complete the PhD in any subject, you wont get the post of the Lecturer in any college.

For that you need to fight the NET Exam and clear it with good marks.

The eligibility criteria for NET is as follows :

* The candidate must have completed his education from a recognized university under the scheme of 10+2+3+2 at least.

* The candidate must have possessed at least 50% marks in the post graduation.

* The candidate must have attained an age of 23 years at the time of admission.

If you fulfill the above said criteria then you can definitely go for NET.
25th August 2016, 11:41 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: If I complete PhD in Political science, can I apply for Lecturer post in colleges?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have already completed pg from a private university. Now I want to take Ph.D degree in political science, and my question is, if I complete the Ph.D degree can I apply for the lecturer post in colleges?
Yes, after completion of Ph.D course, you can apply for lectureship post in any government college.

Eligibility for lecturer post:-

Must have a valid Ph.D degree.

Or

Must have a valid UGC NET/ SET/ SLET score card.

Your age should be below 60 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?