25th July 2011, 10:39 PM
bondeyogita

If I have scored 1st class in 6th semester and distinction in rest all of the semesters then do I satisfy the criteria for campus interview in MNC's?

I am a BE IT student .I had secuered distinction throughout till 5thsemester.in 6th semester i got first class.Do i satisfy th emnc criteria??

Do the class matters in campus or skills for selection in campus interview ?

plz do reply

Related Questions:
  1. Is 1st semester more important for campus interview? Am I eligible to attend the campus interview after scoring 60% and above in 1st semester?
  2. Is 1st semester taken in to consideration for the campus interview? Minimum average required to attend the interview?
  3. Am I eligible to attend IBM On-Campus Interview if secured 85% in 10th, 77% in 12th and 62% till 6th semester of B.Tech?
  4. Am I eligible for campus placement after scoring 65% marks upto 4th semester in B.Tech? -- [New]
  5. Eligibility criteria for Microsoft Off-Campus interview?
  6. Eligibility to attend Cognizant Off-Campus Interview for a candidate who has secured 74% in 10th, 62% in 12th and 63% till 6th semester of B.E.?
  7. Whether 10th percentage is considerable for Accenture On-Campus Interview? Am I eligible to attend this Interview if secured 54% in 10th, 88% in 12th and 6.92 CGPA till 6th semester of B.Tech?
  8. Eligibility to attend TCS on-campus interview for a candidate who has secured 59% in B.Tech 6th semester?
  9. Will I get placement in any company after having a backlog in the 6th semester?
  10. What would be the effects of 12th Standard Marks on Campus Placement if I scored less than 60%?
  11. Can one appear for TCS interview within 6 months(probation period)?
  12. Can I appear for Wipro Wase interview if I haven't scored 60% in one semester?
  13. Eligibility to attend Capgemini Campus Interview for a candidate who has secured 77% in 10th, 59.9% in 12th and 7.4 CGPA till 5th semester of B.E.?
  14. Eligibility to attend Exilant Technology Pvt. Ltd. On-Campus Interview for a candidate who has secured 85% in 10th, 58% in 12th and 7.5 CGPA till 6th semester of B.Tech?
  15. How should i prepare for off campus and on campus placements? I am a B.Tech 6th semester student
  16. What are my job opportunities if I scored 75% overall in 7 semesters with 1 backlog in 1st semester?
  17. Am I eligible to sit for campus interview of Infosys, HCL and L&T after scoring 73% in 10th, 58% in 12th and 69.9% in B.Tech
  18. Am I eligible for WIPRo after scoring 76% in 10th, 53% in 12th and 91%, 91% in BCA and 84% in MCA? -- [Most Discussed]
26th July 2011, 10:00 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: If I have scored 1st class in 6th semester and distinction in rest all of the semesters then do I satisfy the criteria for campus interview in MNC's?

generally most of the MNC give criterion that candidates should have minimum of 60% marks through out to appear in their recruitment process. that means you have to maintain minimum of 60% marks from 10th to graduation or post graduation.

as you have distinction(75% or above) throughout till 5th semester and first class(60% above) so you are maintaining minimum of 60% marks criterion. but you have to secure this minimum 60% marks in last two semester also. after the end of your graduation your average should be minimum of 60% to appear in recruitment process of MNCs. i think you will be able to maintain because in 5 semester you scored very good marks although unfortunately in 6th semester you got some less number. surely after the end of your graduation you will be eligible for campus interview of various MNCs.

in campus interview just you have to fulfill the criterion after that marks is nothing. you have to show your talent and skill in the interview to be selected. if you fulfill the eligibility criterion with just cut off criterion and someone fulfill with 90% marks then at the time of interview you both will be considered as same. if you perform well in the interview then obviously you will be selected and if 90% marks holder do not perform well he/she will be rejected although good marks bias interviewer to select him/her.

best of luck for your campus interview.
26th July 2011, 11:10 AM
kumar96
Senior Member+

Default Re: If I have scored 1st class in 6th semester and distinction in rest all of the semesters then do I satisfy the criteria for campus interview in MNC's?

Generally all top IT companies require 60% marks in 10th,12th and graduation.You have to maintain 60% in you career otherwise you will not be eligible for campus interview.

According to these criteria you are eligible for campus interview in MNC's.you have scored good marks till in your B.tech.you have to maintain these marks through the end.

You full fill eligibility criteria of all companies you can apply for other companies also.you have to prepare for campus placement.

Interview is very important for campus placement.by good performance in interview you can get job in company with good package.at the time of interview they check your complete knowledge at this knowledge they decide that you are eligible or not for them.

You have to do preparation of interview it is very important.
26th July 2011, 02:44 PM
saurav9889

most of the it companies have a criteria i.e 65% marks throught be and 10th and 12th. some like ibm may have a higher or lower cut-off depending on the company. one thing for sure is that to sail through interviews one's concept in it should be clear also comm. skills count.
26th July 2011, 06:36 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by bondeyogita View Post
I am a BE IT student .I had secuered distinction throughout till 5thsemester.in 6th semester i got first class.Do i satisfy th emnc criteria??

Do the class matters in campus or skills for selection in campus interview ?

plz do reply
dear friend,

yes , you are eligible for MNC companies.so dont worry and apply for it.

maximum software company want 60% in through out in career like TCS,CTS,IBM,HP,L&T etc.

some few software company allow 50% above criteria like WIPRO, SYNTEL etc.

so you are eligible for above company.

Also you are eligible for .NET and PHP company so you can contact those company.

All the best.
26th July 2011, 07:41 PM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

hi....the the multi national companies do not look at the semester wise break of the marks they just look ate the overall marks in engineering so as you ahve distinction in all the semesters and 60% in 6th semester your over all score will be surely above 70% and hence you will be elegibel to appear in any interview of any given mnc because generally the sut offs are around 60%-65%,so you need not worry in that aspect at all and concentrate on preparing for the campus interviews,
aslo once you clear the written exam the percenttage does not matter at all,as you you are from it background you are surely going to try for software companies like the tcs,infosys etc ,so my advice will be to practice from barrons gre boioks because most of the question will be asked from this book only or the same model questions are asked in the written part of these companies ,also i will advice you to make your c language and java really strong because they do ask many questions from these subjects so i would advice you to follow books like balguruswamy and yashwant kanitkar and also the materials of niit would be really helpful
5th January 2013, 08:35 PM
denwer1

Yes you are definitely eligible for the campus interviews. In fact your scores are very good and you come in the category of distinction students.
Basically now a days the companies demand 60% or 65% in b.tech. For some top MNCs the percentage bar may be 70%. So you need not to worry at all about your percentage or marks. Just prepare well for the interviews.
5th January 2013, 08:37 PM
denwer1

Smile Re: If I have scored 1st class in 6th semester and distinction in rest all of the semesters then do I satisfy the criteria for campus interview in MNC's?

Yes you are definitely eligible for the campus interviews. In fact your scores are very good and you come in the category of distinction students.
Basically now a days the companies demand 60% or 65% in b.tech. For some top MNCs the percentage bar may be 70%. So you need not to worry at all about your percentage or marks. Just prepare well for the interviews.
6th January 2013, 03:36 AM
end of query
Senior Member+

Yes, you have a very nice track record and really appreciating marks so far, and you're absolutely fit in the criteria of the MNCs. Because most of the companies decide there criteria as 60% aggregate. And some of the companies may shift this criteria a slightly above, on 65% aggregate but they won't shift it beyond this. Therefore you're absolutely safe.
Gud luck
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?