21st April 2010, 08:46 PM
rajkumar.kanojiya90

IIT JAM after TYBSC

hiiiii sir right now just i have entered in TYBSC mathmatics & i want get in iit so plz suggest me that how i can get in iit & how i prepare forr jam test. i want crack the jam test plz help me. i have a dream to get in iit.

Related Questions:
  1. Will I be eligible to give IIT JAM after scoring 45% marks in first year and 80% in TYBSc Maths? How to secure admission in MSc Applied Statistics\?
  2. Names of the top universities for MSc Physics? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Scope, syllabus and eligibility for IIT JAM 2016?
  4. How many questions to be answered so as to get selected for MCA in IIT JAM in general category?
  5. Eligibility to appear in IIT-JAM(MCA) for BCA(IGNOU) 3rd year student who have secured 58% in 12th and 56% in 10th? Do I have to face interview in IIT-JAM? Syllabus and books for preparation of IIT-JAM(MCA)?
  6. Am I eligible to apply for IIT-JAM for M.Sc if secured 56% aggregate in B.Sc?
  7. Can I apply in IIT-JAM for M.Sc programme if secured 56% aggregate and achieved 1st rank in graduation?
  8. How can I prepare to crack IIT-JAM? Total expenses to study M.Sc(Physics) in IIT?
  9. Eligibility for IIT JAM 2017 for B.Sc appearing students -- [New]
  10. Which books should I follow for IIT JAM exam for MCA? Can I get admission in any IITs in India if I am able qualify for IIT JAM? From where to get the forms? Is private tuition necessary?
  11. How should I prepare for IIT JAM in Physics?
  12. What is the criteria for IIT JAM for Maths?
  13. How should I prepare for IIT JAM in Physics
  14. Will I be able to crack IIT-JAM through self preparation? Coaching classes for the preparation of IIT-JAM?
  15. Is there any book from which I can prepare for JEST?
  16. Am I eligible for IIT JAM after completing B.Tech in computer science
  17. Can I apply for JNU and IIT-JAM entrance exams if didn't have Chemistry in F.Y. & S.Y.Biotechnology?
  18. Reference books as per syllabus including solved question papers of previous year for IIT-JAM(Physics)?
23rd April 2010, 03:29 AM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: IIT JAM after TYBSC

Dear friend
You can apply for MSc Maths courses in the IITs the admission to which is done through IIT-JAM for post graduate programs.
The following courses are offered in various IITs in maths stream:
M.Sc. Mathematics (IITB, IITD, IITK, IITM)
M.Sc. Mathematics & Computing (IITG)
M.Sc. Applied Mathematics (IITR)
M.Sc. Industrial Mathematics and Informatics (IITR)
Joint M.Sc.-Ph.D. Programme in Mathematics (IITKgp)
M.Sc.-Ph.D. Dual Degree in Operations Research (IITB)
M.Sc.-Ph.D. Dual Degree in Environmental Science & Engineering (IITB)
M.Sc.-Ph.D. Dual Degree Programme in Energy (IITB)

The IIT JAM Mathematics Syllabus 2010 is as under.

Sequences, Series and Differential Calculus : Sequences of real numbers. Convergent sequences and series, absolute and conditional convergence. Mean value theorem. Taylor 's theorem.

Maxima and minima of functions of a single variable. Functions of two and three variables.Partial derivatives, maxima and minima.

Integral Calculus : Integration, Fundamental theorem of calculus. Double and Triple, integrals, Surface areas and volumes.

Differential Equations : Ordinary differential equations of the first order of the form y'=f(x,y).

Linear differential equations of second order with constant coefficients. Euler-Cauchy equation. Method of variation of parameters.

Vector Calculus : Gradient, divergence, curl and Laplacian. Green's, Stokes' and Gauss' theorems and their applications.

Algebra: Groups, subgroups and normal subgroups, Lagrange's Theorem for finite groups, group homomorphisms and basic concepts of quotient groups, rings, ideals, quotient rings and fields.

Linear Algebra: Systems of linear equations. Matrices, rank, determinant, inverse. Eigenvalues and eigenvectors.

Finite Dimensional Vector Spaces over Real and Complex Numbers, Basis, Dimension, Linear Transformations.

Real Analysis: Open and closed sets, limit points, completeness of R, Uniform Continuity, Uniform convergence, Power series.

You can prepare for next IIT-JAM considering the above topics. The test contains both objective and subjective question. So, apart from theoratical knowledge a very good practice is required to crack the same.
Hope it will help you preparing well.

Thank You
23rd April 2010, 04:53 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Tibetan Yungdrung Bon Study Centre (TYBSC).

IITJAM is for all National candidates weather Indian or foreign.

But, You will be required to satisfy the rules and regulations of the admitting Institute's (IIT's etc.).

Rules & Regulation:-

All the foreign nationals should submit their application, along with the processing fee, on prescribed format (Kindly found the attachment-1).

The applications of scholarship-holding Foreign Nationals (under various schemes) should be routed through the Indian Council for Cultural Relations / Ministry of Human Resource Development (Department of Education), Govt. of India, New Delhi. The antecedents of the candidate will be verified by the forwarding Agencies/Ministry.
They should hold a valid foreign passport.

That they have adequate knowledge of English as per the requirements of the programme.

They have valid Residential permit in India granted for studies or a Student Visa for the prescribed duration of the concerned programme.

They fulfill the minimum eligibility requirements as per section 1.4.

The Degrees/Certificates of the candidates have been recognized and approved by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) / Commonwealth Universities / International Association of Universities (IAU) as equivalent to the corresponding Indian Degrees/Certificates.

All the eligible foreign nationals are required to fill up the Registration Form prescribed by the Institute at the time of admission.

The applicant should have completed 17 years of age; there is no maximum age limit for foreign nationals.

The inter-se merit among the applicants of various foreign nationals will be decided by the Institute which shall be deemed as final.

Educational Qualification: Bachelor's degree (a three year B.Sc. degree after 10+2) in Chemistry/Mathematics/Physics with first class or at least 60% of aggregate marks or equivalent.

TOEFL,Academic record and letters of reference.

Xerox copies of certificates required for it.

Attested copies of TOEFL and GRE/GMAT. In the case of candidates who got degree in India GATE/NET (CSIR/UGC) clearance letter/card.

Two Letters of Recommendation to be enclosed in the sealed covers certifying the candidate's merit and character.

3 copies of bio-data in the prescribed form (Found the attachment-2) with passport size photos.

After processing, the Institute will submit the list of the candidates found suitable for admission, to Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, for clearance. Simultaneously, intimation in this regard will also be sent to the applicant. On receipt of clearance from Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, an admission offer will be issued to the applicant. On the basis of the letters of admission issued by this Institute, applicants should contact Indian Embassy/High Commission in their respective countries for obtaining Student/ Research Visa for study at IIT's.
A foreign national student who is registered for an Engineering/Technology degree in a recognized Institute/University in India or abroad is eligible for being considered as a casual student at IIT's. He/She should be officially sponsored by the Institute/University where he/she is studying. Such a studentship is granted to carry out research or to avail laboratory or other academic facilities or for attending a formal set of courses, for a maximum period of 6 months/one semester after obtaining approval from MHRD, Government of India for which the student has to send 3 copies of bio-data in the prescribed format (found the attachment-2) together with a recommendation letter from the concerned Head of the Institution/University.

Such students have to pay US $100 per credit course work (for SAARC students US $50). This charge will be exempted for the students who come from Institutes/Universities which are having Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with this Institute. Hostel and Mess charges are separate and are approximately US $300 per semester.

Best of Luck

Regards
~Faiyaz~
Attached Files
File Type: doc Annexure2GOI Proforma06.doc(20.0 KB, 87 views)
File Type: doc biodata(AFN(sep2006)).doc(24.5 KB, 96 views)

Last edited by faiyaz; 23rd April 2010 at 04:57 PM. Reason: Forgotten to attached
12th June 2010, 06:04 PM
garg.satish0
Senior Member++++

dear friend,

as you have just entered TYBSC so concentrate on your studies and than you can join some coaching institutes to prepare for the entrance test .

this entrence test has lots of competetion and not only that you will also has to satisfy some critirea which are compulsory to look for admissions into prestigious iit's .

which are available on weblink http://www.iitk.ac.in

you can opt for some master degree courses (p.hd.) in mathematics as well .

so, just keep rolling in your four semester as you need to obtain atleast 60% or more in your academics and you can have all the eligibilities required by a candidate to look for admissions into prestigious iit's .

hope your doubts to be cleared .
feel free to post as many doubts as you can,we are here to solve your doubts as much as possible.

cheers
25th June 2010, 07:52 PM
Unregistered

are there any best coatching centres to prepare IIT - JAM in Maths.
26th June 2010, 10:41 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
are there any best coatching centres to prepare IIT - JAM in Maths.

Yes of course......!

Followings are some of India's TOP IITJAM Coaching Centres:-

Trajectory Education.
http://www.trajectoryeducation.com/

T.I.M.E.
http://www.time4education.com/

Brilliant Tutorials.
http://www.brilliant-tutorials.com/

VPM Classes.
http://www.vpmclasses.com/

Regards
~Faiyaz~
15th October 2010, 04:56 PM
Unregistered

IS THERE AN UPPER AGE LIMIT FOR INDIAN NATIONALS TO DO Msc at IIT ??PLEASE LET ME KNOW MY EMAIL ID IS [email protected]
4th November 2010, 10:51 AM
Unregistered

is vpm class approved by goverment
25th December 2010, 07:07 PM
Unregistered

i am in tybsc chemistry(6 units).i want some tips to solve spectroscopy problems
5th July 2011, 02:26 PM
Unregistered

Would you pls let me know about study materials and coaching classes for JAM exam in mathematical statistics?
9th September 2011, 10:59 PM
Unregistered

hello sir,
this is Deepesh i want to know how much entrance after t.y. b.sc. in physics?
21st November 2011, 10:05 AM
pabitra_nayak
Senior Member+

dear friend,

IITJAM is for all National candidates weather Indian or foreign.

But, You will be required to satisfy the rules and regulations of the admitting Institute's (IIT's etc.).

Rules & Regulation:-

All the foreign nationals should submit their application, along with the processing fee, on prescribed format (Kindly found the attachment-1).

The applications of scholarship-holding Foreign Nationals (under various schemes) should be routed through the Indian Council for Cultural Relations / Ministry of Human Resource Development (Department of Education), Govt. of India, New Delhi. The antecedents of the candidate will be verified by the forwarding Agencies/Ministry.
They should hold a valid foreign passport.

That they have adequate knowledge of English as per the requirements of the programme.

Educational Qualification: Bachelor's degree (a three year B.Sc. degree after 10+2) in Chemistry/Mathematics/Physics with first class or at least 60% of aggregate marks or equivalent.

TOEFL,Academic record and letters of reference.

Xerox copies of certificates required for it.

Attested copies of TOEFL and GRE/GMAT. In the case of candidates who got degree in India GATE/NET (CSIR/UGC) clearance letter/card.

Two Letters of Recommendation to be enclosed in the sealed covers certifying the candidate's merit and character.

3 copies of bio-data in the prescribed form (Found the attachment-2) with passport size photos.

good luck
21st January 2012, 12:13 AM
edward1989

as you have just entered TYBSC so concentrate on your studies and than you can join some coaching institutes to prepare for the entrance test .

this entrence test has lots of competetion and not only that you will also has to satisfy some critirea which are compulsory to look for admissions into prestigious iit's .

so, just keep rolling in your four semester as you need to obtain atleast 60% or more in your academics and you can have all the eligibilities required by a candidate to look for admissions into prestigious iit's .

feel free to post as many doubts as you can,we are here to solve your doubts as much as possible.

cheers
14th August 2012, 11:39 PM
Unregistered

i have 53 marks in 2 wid pcm and nw i m in last year of b.sc ..how shud i study for iit jam physics ?is five months are suffice?please help me sir .
15th August 2012, 01:33 PM
subhangnambardar
Senior Member+

friend,

15th August 2012, 06:41 PM
samatha89
Member+

Dear friend
You can apply for MSc Maths courses in the IITs the admission to which is done through IIT-JAM for post graduate programs.
The following courses are offered in various IITs in maths stream:
M.Sc. Mathematics (IITB, IITD, IITK, IITM)
M.Sc. Mathematics & Computing (IITG)
M.Sc. Applied Mathematics (IITR)
M.Sc. Industrial Mathematics and Informatics (IITR)
Joint M.Sc.-Ph.D. Programme in Mathematics (IITKgp)
M.Sc.-Ph.D. Dual Degree in Operations Research (IITB)
M.Sc.-Ph.D. Dual Degree in Environmental Science & Engineering (IITB)
M.Sc.-Ph.D. Dual Degree Programme in Energy (IITB)

The IIT JAM Mathematics Syllabus 2010 is as under.

Sequences, Series and Differential Calculus : Sequences of real numbers. Convergent sequences and series, absolute and conditional convergence. Mean value theorem. Taylor 's theorem.

Maxima and minima of functions of a single variable. Functions of two and three variables.Partial derivatives, maxima and minima.

Integral Calculus : Integration, Fundamental theorem of calculus. Double and Triple, integrals, Surface areas and volumes.

Differential Equations : Ordinary differential equations of the first order of the form y'=f(x,y).

Linear differential equations of second order with constant coefficients. Euler-Cauchy equation. Method of variation of parameters.

Vector Calculus : Gradient, divergence, curl and Laplacian. Green's, Stokes' and Gauss' theorems and their applications.

Algebra: Groups, subgroups and normal subgroups, Lagrange's Theorem for finite groups, group homomorphisms and basic concepts of quotient groups, rings, ideals, quotient rings and fields.

Linear Algebra: Systems of linear equations. Matrices, rank, determinant, inverse. Eigenvalues and eigenvectors.

Finite Dimensional Vector Spaces over Real and Complex Numbers, Basis, Dimension, Linear Transformations.

Real Analysis: Open and closed sets, limit points, completeness of R, Uniform Continuity, Uniform convergence, Power series.

You can prepare for next IIT-JAM considering the above topics. The test contains both objective and subjective question. So, apart from theoratical knowledge a very good practice is required to crack the same.
Hope it will help you preparing well.

Thank You
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?