22nd August 2011, 10:54 PM
Unregistered

Is ISS a Civil Service? How many times can one appear for ISS?

Is ISS a civil service? For how many times can i appear for the ISS if I have applied?

23rd August 2011, 10:03 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is ISS a Civil Service? How many times can one appear for ISS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Is ISS a civil service? For how many times can i appear for the ISS if I have applied?
I.S.S Stands for Indian Statistical Service and this examination was conducted by UPSC Every year and This examination was not come Under UPSC Civil services examination.

>> To apply for this examination you need to complete your Post Graduate degree course in Statistics/ Mathematical Statistics/ Applied Statistics and your age should between 21 to 30 years, The Upper age relaxation is applicable for SC, ST, OBC Candidates.

The candidates may apply for this examination online OR Offline, The Online application form cost was Rs 100 and for Offline you have to pay the 200 Rs and you can Obtained the application form directly form the designated post offices in India.

>> The Notification of I.E.S/I.S.S Examination was already Published in the month of July and the last date of apply for this examination was 29/Aug/2011, The written examination was Going to be held on 3/Dec/2011.

There is No restrictions in Number of Attempts in this examination, You can apply for this examination Number of times between the age of 21 to 30 years.

And If you need More Information about I.S.S Examination, then please visit the official website OR Read the Given Notification -

http://upsc.gov.in
Attached Files
File Type: pdf iesiss_eng_2.pdf(73.7 KB, 250 views)
23rd August 2011, 10:17 PM
ansh_ansh
Senior Member++++

Quote:
ISS stand for International Space Station .
This exam is conducted by the UPSC but it doesnot come under the civil services examination.ISS is a long-term platform in the space environment where extended studies are conducted.Research on the ISS improves knowledge about the effects of long-term space exposure on the human body.one can give the exam as many time he can do but the age should be between 21 years to 3o years.
23rd August 2011, 10:21 PM
ansh_ansh
Senior Member++++

Quote:
ISS stands for international statistical services.

this exam is conducted by the UPSC .ISS is a long-term platform in the space environment where extended studies are conducted.

but this is not a part of the civil services examination conducted by the upsc.

Research on the ISS improves knowledge about the effects of long-term space exposure on the human body.
24th August 2011, 12:42 AM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

Eligibility criteria for IES/ISS exam:
Education qualification:
Candidate should complete graduation degree in Engineering from any recognized university
Age limit:
Age should be between 21 to 30 years

Number of attempts:
4 attempts for General Category
7 attempts for OBC category
no limit for SC/ST category.

For more details,see this attachment.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Engg2011_ENG.pdf(143.4 KB, 131 views)
15th October 2011, 02:36 PM
Unregistered

CAN B.TECH DEGREE HOLDER APPLY FOR ISS?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?