19th October 2015, 01:45 AM
Unregistered

How to become ISS Officer in 2016? What are the duties of ISS Officer?

How to become an ISS 2016 officer? Can I give its exam after B.com with Statistics?How many years it will take for preparation? also tell me about its salary.I want to know ISS officer's duty.please say me in detail about ISS.(Indian statistical Service)

19th October 2015, 03:18 PM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

Default Re: How to become ISS Officer in 2016? What are the duties of ISS Officer?

ISS stands for Indian Statistical Service .
ISS examination is conducted by UPSC every year to recruit candidates to the various post in Indian Government.
Eligibility to appear in ISS examination are
-Candidate must be a citizen of India
-Candidate must hold Bachelor's degree in Statistic with minimum of 45% marks from a recognized university.
-Candidate must be of age more than 21 years and less than 30 years.
-Age relaxation of 3 years for OBC and 5 years for SC and ST are applicable.
Also, number of attempts are limited for candidates depending upon category.

After , clearing or qualifying in ISS written examination and interview, a merit list of qualified students is published by UPSC and the students whose name is in that merit list are called for their recruitment.
Duties of ISS officer vary according as post and field in which the candidate is recruited.
19th October 2015, 03:30 PM
sarita46
Senior Member+++

Default Re: How to become ISS Officer in 2016? What are the duties of ISS Officer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
How to become an ISS 2016 officer? Can I give its exam after B.com with Statistics?How many years it will take for preparation? also tell me about its salary.I want to know ISS officer's duty.please say me in detail about ISS.(Indian statistical Service)
Indian Statistical Service exam is conducted by UPSC once in a year at National level.

Eligibility for ISS Officer are:

Nationality : Should be an Indian citizen.

Educational Qualification : For admission to the examination, a candidate should be having graduation degree in statistical branch from recognized university or its equivalent.

Age Limit : A candidate age should be minimum 21 years but not more than 30 years. The upper age limit is relaxed in the following cases; SC/ST : upto a minimum of 5 years; OBC : upto a maximum of 3 years.

Exam Pattern of ISS Exam

Exam comprises of two stages ;

1. Written Test.
2. Viva Voice Test.

> > Written test is of (1000 marks) which includes following topics:

- General Studies (100 marks)

- General English ( 100 marks )

- 4 statistical papers ( 200 marks each)

> > Viva voice will consist of 200 marks and this exam is for those candidates who qualify written exam.

Duty of ISS Officer : The ISS officera are Central government servants who work in the Ministry of Economic Affairs, Planning Commission, Planning Board etc. So, Statistical Officer is an important post which is useful in counting population and Census and several other fields.

Important Dates of ISS Exam 2016 : Notification usually published in the month of February and exam held in the month of May. So, applicants can apply for ISS exam through UPSC official portal www.upsc.gov.in/

Coming to your doubt that whether you are eligible or not for ISS exam? so the question to your answer is yes, you can apply for ISS exam which is soon going to held in the upcoming year that is 2016. For more information you can log on to UPSC official page www.upsc.gov.in/
25th October 2019, 09:55 PM
Unregistered

I BELONG TO B.COM FIELD CAN I ELIGIBLE FOR ISS
10th June 2020, 06:37 PM
Unregistered

I don't have mathematics and statistics in my graduation can I apply for iss or not
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?