12th March 2015, 06:37 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility for ISS examination

I am MSc. in Mathematical Science so am I eligible for ISS examination? Please explain me in details of eligibility.

14th March 2015, 12:15 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Default Re: Eligibility for ISS examination

Yeah, you are eligible to apply for ISS Examination. ISS i.e Indian Statistical Service Examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission Once in a year. This year notification has already released. Last date for receipt of application will be 20th March 2015.

Eligibility Criteria :-

The Applicant should have obtained Bachelor's degree with Statistical/Mathematics Statistics/Applied Statistics one of the subjects or the applicant should have completed Master degree in Statistical/Mathematical Statistics/Applied Statistics from a recognized University. Final year of Master degree may also apply for this examination. The Applicant age should be between 21 years to 30 years as on 1st August of the year of examination. Upper age limits are applicable for reserved categories. More details, visit the official website :- www.upsc.gov.in
14th March 2015, 01:06 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am MSc. in Mathematical Science so am I eligible for ISS examination? Please explain me in details of eligibility.
Yes, you are eligible for ISS exam.

Indian Statistical Service is conducted by Union Public Service Commission.

If you have completed bachelor’s degree with Statistics/ Mathematical Statistics/Applied Statistics as one of the subjects or a master’s Degree in Statistics/ Mathematical Statistics/Applied Statistics from a recognized University/ College/ Institutions then you are eligible for Indian Statistical Service exam.

Your age should be in between 21 to 30 years.

For more information of Indian Statistical Services exam, you can visit to the official website www.upsc.gov.in
14th March 2015, 09:56 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

ISS stands for Indian Statistical Service. The ISS examination is conducted by UPSC every year and the eligibility criteria required to appear in ISS examination is mentioned below :-

1. Nationality :-
You must be a citizen of India.

2. Age Limit :-
You must be in between 21-30 years old. Upper age relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates as mentioned below :-
--> OBC :- 3 Years
--> SC/ST :- 5 Years.

3. Educational Qualification :-
You must have obtained a Bachelor's Degree with Statistics/Mathematical Statistics/Applied Statistics as one of the subject or a Master's degree in Statistics/Mathematical Statistics/ Applied Statistics from a recognised University to be eligible to appear in ISS examination.

4. Physical Standards :-
You must be physically fit as per physical standard mentioned in the UPSC ISS examination notification.

By satisfying the above mentioned eligibility criteria, you are eligible to appear in ISS examination. The last date to apply for ISS 2015 examination is 20th March, 2015.
31st March 2015, 11:01 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility for ISS (Indian Statistical Service ) Examination :

1.The Age must be in between 21 to 30 years and Age relaxation according to the government norms.

For OBC -- 3 years

For SC/ST -- 5 years

For Ex servicemen -- 5 years

2.You should have completed the PG degree in Statistics /Applied Statistics, Mathematical Statistics from the recognized University.

3.Final year students are not eligible to apply for the IES/ISS Examination.

And also you have to satisfy the Physical standards according to the requirements of ISS recruitment.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?