30th April 2010, 01:11 PM
deepti2010

Jobs in defence for girls after 10+2?

jobs in defence for girls after 10+2.if not what is the problem?how can i prepare for those exams.any other related jobs?suggest me the related sites for the preparation of such exams.

1st May 2010, 04:21 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Jobs in defence for girls after 10+2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepti2010 View Post
jobs in defence for girls after 10+2.if not what is the problem?how can i prepare for those exams.any other related jobs?suggest me the related sites for the preparation of such exams.
Previously female candidates were offered only SSC and Non-combat posts in Defence services but Now,there is also permanent as well as Combat jobs for females.

You can get into Defence services through following schemes:-

UES: university entry scheme,is meant for all male and female candidates those who have attend there first university degree,that is (Bachelor degree). Notification for it are released In Employment news.

SSC: short service commission,is ment for all male and female candidates those who have B.sc/M.sc (Physics,radio,electronics,) or B.tech/M.tech (civil,mechanical,electronics,electronics & talecommunication,Aeronautical etc.) with atlest 60% aggregate including all semester.Notification for it are released In Employment news.

CDS: Previously this entry scheme was meant only for Male ,but from now Females can also apply,they will be provided SSC and will be trained at OTA.CDSE is conduted by UPSC twice every year.Entrance is conducted by UPSC (http://www.upsc.gov.in) twice every year.

Eligibility criteria:
For ARMY- graduation in any background,with at least 60% aggregate.For Navy: B.sc(with Physics and Mathematics) or B.tech/B.E.For Airforce- B.E./B.Tech,graduate in any decipline with Physics or Mathematics at class 12.
Female candidates can join Army only.

Notification for it has been released,it has been scheduled to held on 19.09.10

you can also enter in there logistic cadre ,the minimum qualification for logistic cadre is B.sc(pcm),BCA,LLB,etc.You have to crack an entrance for it conducted by army,navy and airforce it self.Notifications are released in employment news keep it reading.

You can also enter in 'Army/Navy/Airforce medical corp' if you are an docter (mbbs).You have to crack an entrance for it conducted by army,navy and airforce it self.Notifications are released in employment news keep it reading.

For technical entry minimum qualification is BCA,B.TECH,B.SC (elctronics/mathematics).You have to crack an entrance for it conducted by army,navy and airforce it self.Notifications are released in employment news keep it reading.

There is also entry scheme for Teaching,in Teaching cadre of all defence services. The minimum required qualification for which is a bachelor degree along with a B.ed degree with atleast 55% aggregate. Notification for it are released In Employment news.

The Important thing is that keep reading "Employmen News" and also visiting http://www.upsc.gov.in

If any doubt persist kindly feel free to ask here.

Best of Luck

Regards
~Faiyaz~

Last edited by faiyaz; 1st May 2010 at 04:34 PM. Reason: Correction
1st May 2010, 08:00 PM
edward
Top Answerer

yes there is a job opportunity for girls also in defense..................for that you have to appear for the NDA exam conducted twice in a year.............

you can get the information regarding the form for this exam from the employment news papers or from the official site of upsc www.upsc.gov.in

in defense you can go for short service commission which is for 15 years after that you can extend it also if you wish to continue your job.................

for the preparation you just study the books of 11th and 12th class especially the CBSE published books...........
1st May 2010, 10:38 PM
SJ.18
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Hi
You can prepare for Army medical Services after +2(PCB)
Armed Forces Medical College is a prestigious medical college run by the Armed Forces for training medical graduates at Pune.25 girls are selected to serve the armed forces as doctors after their training.

Eligibility

Candidates should be medically fit as per laid down standards. All selected candidates have to undergo medical examination before admission to the AFMC. Only unmarried candidates are eligible.
Method of selection

The selection test is held in two parts written test and an interview. General standard of the entrance examination is that of 10+2 standard.

Good luck
2nd May 2010, 08:54 AM
Harshita21

hello

their is no exam conducted for girls for the entrance in defence.

But you can go after your graduation.

Like through

SSC: In which both male & female are invited for exam.

CDS: combined defence service

you can go in any of the field in cds whether in army,air force & in navey
2nd May 2010, 09:56 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

dear friend

today there is no such bar for girls in any field they can do whatever they
want after 12th they can go in any field of thier choice. after graduation
you can appear the cds and ssc exams, after that you can join defence.

ok
all the best.
7th May 2010, 08:50 PM
deepti2010

thanks to Mr.faiyaz,edward.rahul k,Mrs.harshita and sji234.18 for their replies...........u r really good people.................
8th May 2010, 06:32 PM
sapna goswami

thanks for your support! i was trying to get such type of support to achieve my aim.
8th May 2010, 06:36 PM
sapna goswami

can girls apply for te post of flight lieutenant after b.tech with civil engg.?
9th May 2010, 03:57 PM
nikitay

Quote:
Hey!! dear
There is no such exam for girls just after 12th to get into defence but after Graduation u can go for CDS exam to get into defence...

All The Best!!
20th May 2010, 04:20 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Jobs in defence for girls after 10 2?

i want to know about CDS (ARMY).I m pursuing my graduation.& I m 'B' & 'C' certificate holder in N.C.C.So m i elegible for the CDS exam 2010?
& wat type of critarea in this?

from
Nitu.....
21st May 2010, 11:14 AM
herpreet singh

Location: herpreet singh s/o sr. kuljeet singh 215/371 harjeet bhawan bhashirat ganj lucknow -226004

Quote:
yes y not
but there are one restriction that u have to appear for it after ur graduation & u have go for like cds ssc & much more u can go 2 various feld on the behalf of that ok
best of luck for ur exam
21st May 2010, 10:13 PM
phuchi

hello friend!
yes surely you have a chance to serve the country as a defense personal just after 10+2.
you can join armed force medical services. Armed force medical college is run by the armed forces which trains the medicals graduates well as the other recognized medical colleges. for that you must have passed your higher secondary with PCB background with 60% aggregate. then would have to apply for the examination of AFMC. There are 25 seats all over India for that.

all the best.
22nd May 2010, 07:29 PM
atanu
Senior Member++

dear friend,
previously there was not scope for the girls in the defence,
but now these days the option is available,
in recent month a woman army cadre is build up.
23rd May 2010, 08:40 AM
Harshita21

hi neetu

It's good that you have 'B' & 'C' certificate in NCC.
But you can apply only after your graduation
The job are invited for unmarried graduate man or women
Your these certificate help you in getting easy way ,also NCC students are preffered.

criteria:

minimum 60% marks in graduation
you should be medically & physically fit

best of luck
25th May 2010, 12:04 PM
Unregistered

i want to join cds is there any scope for girls in cds after graduation if there is then please tell the eligibility criteria for that i m waiting for your reply. my email id is [email protected]
Thanking you
sunayna verma
11th June 2010, 06:21 PM
Unregistered

job in defence for officer post for girls.
13th June 2010, 01:54 AM
Unregistered

HI! MYSELF JASPREET.I HAVE COMPLETED MY 2 WITH 76%MARKS WITH NON-MEDICAL STREAM.I WANT TO JOIN INDIAN AIR FORCE.BUT I KNOW THERE IS NO SCOPE FOR GIRLS IN AIR FORCE AFTER 2.SO PLZ SUGGEST ME WHETHER I DO BCA OR BSc.then i will give CDS exam.plz also give me details about CDS.PLZ REPLY SOON
14th June 2010, 11:35 AM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
HI! MYSELF JASPREET.I HAVE COMPLETED MY 2 WITH 76%MARKS WITH NON-MEDICAL STREAM.I WANT TO JOIN INDIAN AIR FORCE.BUT I KNOW THERE IS NO SCOPE FOR GIRLS IN AIR FORCE AFTER 2.SO PLZ SUGGEST ME WHETHER I DO BCA OR BSc.then i will give CDS exam.plz also give me details about CDS.PLZ REPLY SOON

If you want to go through CDS, then better opt for B.sc with MAths or Electronics honours.

This way you will be eligible for all three defence services viz- Army, Navy and Airforce.

But remember you must be first class pass with minimum aggregate of 60% including all semester.

Regards
~Faiyaz~
14th June 2010, 03:02 PM
Abhishek17

Smile Re: Jobs in defence for girls after 10+2?

dear frd , you can opt for AFMC if you have done 10+2 with biology, this exam is conducted every year during early May and the forms are available in last week of march from the head post offices in all over india. here along with your biology you should good in english. every year out of 200 selected students, 88 seats are reserved for girls so you can go for it.
if you have done 10+2 with maths then first complete your graduation and then apply for CDS that is very good option to go on higher ranks in defence.
but for it you need to get Bach. degree and then do preparations for CDS.

#best of luck for your future#
14th June 2010, 06:58 PM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
i want to know about CDS (ARMY).I m pursuing my graduation.& I m 'B' & 'C' certificate holder in N.C.C.So m i elegible for the CDS exam 2010?
& wat type of critarea in this?

from
Nitu.....
you can apply for the cds exam in the final year of your grduation ,
you should have the required age limit,
as you have ncc certificate it will be an added advantage for you,
for further details visit www.upsc.gov.in
all the best
14th June 2010, 09:43 PM
compaq123
Senior Member+

yes girl must bee join defence on the basis of entrance test but on think is that your join indian airforce only. girls future is bright in air force.
15th June 2010, 12:08 AM
drdo99
Banned

India is our motherland.
Whatever we would be,we are proudly indians.
It is we to make us super power ,and one day we will.
our girls are next to save our motherland.
you can join as cadre,soldier,scientist,there is no end to what can be.
you can join air force,drdo,army,navy etc
15th June 2010, 02:26 AM
garg.satish0
Senior Member++++

dear friend ,

earlier there was no jobs to the girls in combat field but now there are no such restrictions and even girls are provided reservations as well ..

but you should satisfy all the eligibility criteria's as well...

for more details visit http://www.upsc.gov.in

--------------------------------------

hope your doubt to be solved.
feel free to post as many doubts as you can , we are here to solve your doubts as much as possible .

regards
~satish
3rd July 2010, 12:32 PM
Senior Member+++

yes friend there are many jobs for girls in defense now and you can appear for short service service exam
and also many other exam such as you can appear for nda to go in defense and also you can also get all the descriptions on the official website upsc.gov.in
3rd July 2010, 12:34 PM
Senior Member+++

for preparation for the defense exam after12th you must prepare books of 11th and 12th std thoroughly
also if you apply fo rthe jobs after your gaduation then you need to prepare well from that syllabus and all jobs are now reserved for girls also in defense
13th July 2010, 01:07 PM
Unregistered

hii i m doing BE biotech.....can i get into CDS after my graduation?
13th July 2010, 01:52 PM
Unregistered

is there direct SSB interview after engineering?
do we hav to write written exam also?
15th July 2010, 08:08 PM
Unregistered

right now, i m in B.Sc. II with physics, maths and electronics as my main subjects. Can i make my career in indian navy? Please help me on this matter as i really want to go in indian navy... Please reply as soon as possible. Tell me the criteria for tests, their notification, the matter that i should read in order to clear that test coz i am really willing to do that and i don't want to loose any chance...
Mahak
26th July 2010, 09:26 PM
Senior Member+++

helllo friend iam providing here you a pdf file that contain all the career options for girl and also it will provide you guideline o join defence for girls after 12th
Attached Files
File Type: pdf forum.pdf(517.4 KB, 761 views)
27th July 2010, 05:29 AM
subhasish
Senior Member++

Hello friend
Previously there weren't any reservation for girls in the defense field but now there are reservation for girls in all the defense fields.

I would suggest you to go for the Army Medical Services ,here girls are selected to serve the armed forces as doctors after their training.

But for this you must have 50% marks in each of the subjects of XII (10+2) with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English with 60 % aggregate in the three science subjects taken together.

All the best
27th July 2010, 01:21 PM
Unregistered

hiii
myself Renuka
m pursing my graduation......... i wnt 2 knw bout cds [ARMY].....
12th August 2010, 09:11 PM
Unregistered

hiiiii i myself jenneefer
i have passed my secondary level in the year 2009-10 with an aggregate grade 9.8..now in my junior i have opted for SCIENCE(PCM)
...DO I HAVE ANY SCOPE IN DEFENCE SERVICES? WHAT IS THAT?I WOULD PREFER TO GO FOR TECHNICAL LINE AS FAR AS POSSIBLE...ACCORDING
TO A SUGGESTION GIVEN TO ME BY ONE OF MY TEACHERS <I SHOULD APPEAR IN NDA EXAMS...IS THAT RELIABLE?
13th August 2010, 12:11 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

after 12th you can't join in defence.

as in NDA exam only boys are allowed.girls are not allowed in this exam.

but don't worry you can join in defence after your graduation.

after graduation through upsc exam you can join in defence.

all the best.........
15th August 2010, 08:52 AM
amit1057
Senior Member+

dear friend,
After 12th girls can't join in defence.After girls graduation can join in defence on the basis of entrance test through upsc exam.

As in NDA exam only boys are allowed.girls are not allowed in this exam.

girls future is bright in field of defence .
All the best
18th August 2010, 03:17 PM
Unregistered

hello, i would like to know is there any job relating to mca student(female) in defence
20th August 2010, 06:02 PM
Unregistered

I m a student of class 12th. I want to join the "INDIAN AIRF FORCE". As i know that N.D.A exam is only for boys could you please tell me which exam do i have to appear to join the INDIAN AIR FORCE after my gaduation and which subjects should i do graduation with so as to get the flying branch in the air force...
21st August 2010, 01:40 AM
robart
Senior Member+

dear friend,

there are lot of jobs for women in defence sector after 12th.

you can apply for NDA, CDS, OTA, SSC, UNIVERSITY ENTRY SCHEME etc.

all the best.
21st August 2010, 07:40 PM
richa420
Banned

Smile Re: Jobs in defence for girls after 10+2?

frnd

u can go in defence in medical line, u can join defence through technical entry scheme nd after joining B.Tech u can join army through UES.

thank u
21st August 2010, 09:35 PM
compaq123
Senior Member+

yes,girl also join defence line as indian airforce and medical line only.
elligibilty:
60% marks in 10th class board.
70% marks get in 12th board.
on the basis of entrance exam: nda exam. more details:www.upsc.gov.in
form are available in the any post office branch and application forum rupees only 20 and after that fill the application forums and then after speed post on this address.
so before the exam which is got admit card in your home then you sit on the nda exam
all the best.
21st August 2010, 11:35 PM
Adarshxxx
Senior Member+

dear frend,
yes definately girls can join defence after 10+2......but for that you have to give NDA exam which is held twice in a year........for more details visit www.upsc.gov.in.......
Wish You Al The Best!!!!!!!!
22nd August 2010, 11:17 AM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
I m a student of class 12th. I want to join the "INDIAN AIRF FORCE". As i know that N.D.A exam is only for boys could you please tell me which exam do i have to appear to join the INDIAN AIR FORCE after my gaduation and which subjects should i do graduation with so as to get the flying branch in the air force...

Well, for female candidates joining IAF as a Flying Officer there is only one way of SSC (Short Service Commission) because being a part of Flying Officer comes under Warfare/Combat Section, and till now IAF hasn't Permanent commission in Combat for Females.

Well, for SSC eligibility criteria is such that.

Education: Any Graduate Degree / BE / B Tech with minimum 60 % marks in Aggregate in all papers including all semesters putting together in Graduation and must have also studied Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level.

Age Limit:
Candidate must not be greater then 23 years of age at the time of training.

Notification are released in Employment News, twice every year generally in the month of MArch-April or September-October.

Advice: Keep reading Employment News.
22nd August 2010, 04:18 PM
danveer

Thumbs up Re: Jobs in defence for girls after 10+2?

Quote:
yes dear you can join defense for this you have give the ssc or cds exam these ARE both for.male and female
for more detail log on to the website,
www.upscgov.com
best of luck
22nd August 2010, 05:02 PM
poplu13
Senior Member+

First of all I salute Your decision for joinig in defence line...I wish other girls of our country get inspired by you and show up their intrest in the country's most prestigious job..Well ! there is a great scope for girls now a dence in the defence sector...recently a news paper advertisement was published inviting engineerng candidates to join the india airforce http://tat.ac.in/noticeIAF.htm

Good luck !!

JAI HIND !!
22nd August 2010, 08:02 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,
Definitely,all doors for girls r open,dont worry u should study hard.
U can prepare for Army medical Servicesand u can join as cadre,soldier,scientist,there is no end .

U can go to defence through CDS: combined defence service.,NDA, OTA etc .

any further details in http://www.upsc.gov.in.

Good luck.
22nd August 2010, 08:18 PM
Raj333

dear friend
now a day's girls are doing job in every sector .girls are getting jobs in defence minly in technical feild of army so she must do graduate with science for get job in army.
Technical field of Army in which girls are getting job are:
Signals
Civil Engineers:- As the work of the army is field related, the requirement of civil engineers is a must in order to construct roads for the movement of army and also to construct camps in order to provide accommodation to the soldiers. One of the key issues of army is to make plans, so in this case the civilengineers are very important in order to conduct surveys and to make maps for their army men.
Electrical and mechanical engineers
Medical :- Army also provides huge opportunities for doctors and nurses
Nursing officers
Dental officers:- The need of dental doctors is also very much and is not just a small filed in army.

best of luck.............................
27th September 2010, 02:15 AM
Unregistered

thanks
28th September 2010, 03:55 AM
Unregistered

i wanna join defence. what r d options 4 girls in defence after graduation?? i hv heard it from somewhere that thre is technical entry also. what is meant by technical entry??? plz guide . . .
15th October 2010, 12:55 AM
Unregistered

i have done BSc nursing and i want to be an army medical officer. so how to apply? can u email me the details on [email protected]

thankz alot...
26th October 2010, 08:15 PM
Unregistered

hello i m vijya i m BMS graduate and i have also done PGDM but it's my chilhood dream to become army officer but i don't know how to apply to enter in this field plz guide me my email id is [email protected] i m waiting 4 ur reply thank u
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?