6th August 2010, 02:05 AM
Unregistered

Jobs difficulty after having 1 year gap after 10th and 2 years gap after 12th?

My sister has a 1 year gap after 10th and 2 year gap after 12th and now she had completed her BE ..Will it be impossible for her to get a job.

Related Questions:
  1. How to tackle the questions if the interviewer asks me about my gap?
  2. Is it possible to get into job via Campus Placement if I have 2 years study gap?
  3. Am I eligible for campus placements in TCS if I have 1 year gap between 10th and 12th and 2 years gap between 12th and B.Tech?
  4. I have 2 yrs gap before 12th & 1 yr gap after 12th. Can i have a bright future
  5. Can I get a job after 1 year gap after 12th, 2 years gap after UG and 2 years gap after PG?
  6. I have 3 Gap Years, will I still be eligible for Placements? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Can I get a job if I have 1 year Gap after 12th, 2 years gap after UG and 2 years gap after MBA(HR)?
  8. Will it affect my Placements of having 2 years gap between 12th and B.Tech?
  9. Is it advisable to reappear in 10th after a gap of 4 years if completed 12th PCM?
  10. Criteria for appear for government jobs in ECE field? How much marks needed in 10th, 12th and B.Tech? How many years gap is appreciable?
  11. Is it a better choice for me to do M.Tech course having scored 52% in 10th, 51% in 12th and pursuing CSE with an academic gap of 4 years? Which kind of Jobs I can get after completion of my Engineering?
  12. Will my campus placement chances get affected due to 3 years gap between 12th and Graduation?
  13. Am I eligible for Syntel Campus Placement having 1 year gap between 10th and 12th and another year gap between 12th and BE?
  14. Am I eligible for placements after having a gap of 3 years after 12th? How much salary will I get and which companies?
  15. Am I eligible to study abroad after 12th if I have few years gap in between? -- [New]
  16. Gap between 10th and 12th will affect during campus placement of Accenture and Ericsson?
  17. Eligiblity to appear for 12th exam after having 4 years gap between 10th and 12th?
  18. Am I eligible to appear in 12th NIOS if having gap of a year after 10th NIOS? Will it create problem at the time of pursuing graduation?
6th August 2010, 08:09 AM
Sushant Roy
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Jobs difficulty after having 1 year gap after 10th and 2 years gap after 12th?

yes it is quite possible . It depends in which job she wants to get into. But as far as drops are concerned she will not be eligible for those companies who mention the same thing(ie flawless study after 10th) like private companies infosys, tcs etc.

But she has to try for govt. PSUs.
6th August 2010, 08:13 AM
sriraj

Default Re: Jobs difficulty after having 1 year gap after 10th and 2 years gap after 12th?

Yes Freind,
Job Requirements is not depending upon the Age.Its Pure Dependent on the Talent & Confidence of that Person.What I think if she has a interest in job please tell her definitely she will get a job.

More Over All The Best For Her Job..........
6th August 2010, 11:42 AM
rohity821

ya she can get job without any difficulty...........she will have to only explain the reason of dropping these years
6th August 2010, 01:03 PM
August
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Jobs difficulty after having 1 year gap after 10th and 2 years gap after 12th?

dear friend

to get a job in a company u have to clear the eligibility. except some companies like IBM & microsoft ALL OTHER companies allow year gap.

so i think there will be no problem regarding yerar gap.

all the best.
6th August 2010, 01:53 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello friend

see it will not be a major problem for a BE holders.

if she/he want to do govt jobs then no problems will be arises.

but to join in private company they may face little bit problems.

so it will be better to join in govt sectors.

best of luck.....
6th August 2010, 03:17 PM
khusi

no there would be no problem in getting job if she has completed her graduation with good percentage of marks ,it also depends on the branch is has don her degree with
all the best
6th August 2010, 03:54 PM
jicks

Hi,

Surely it is not impossible to get a job.

Of course, it matters about such gaps.
But what about her marks in B.E?
Most of the companies hiring freshers check out whether they have understood the subject thoroughly, next only they value for marks.

So, dont loose heart. She can get some job, if she tries sincerely for it.

Ask her to do some specialization short term course in her subject, which attracts the employers.
6th August 2010, 05:41 PM
Singh Anurag Atul kumar

no not at all there is not any effect on your job opportunity because of 1 year gap after 10th and 2 year gap after 12th so don't worry about it because opportunity of getting job is depends upon your performance in your diploma and degree courses.
6th August 2010, 07:53 PM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Hello friend,

There are some reputed companies which do not give chances to the candidates having year gaps in academic life.

But you don't have to worry if she has got good marks in her 10(+2) and graduation through out then she will must be placed in a good company.

This factor should not restrain any candidate to get his/her desired or worthy job.

So it is not at all impossible for your sister to get a good job.

Just start seeking for interviews of good companies and be positive minded.

Best of luck!
6th August 2010, 08:40 PM
Rickers

Hello,

Don't worry dear gap doesn't matter in the job. company only wants aggregate percentage in b.tech and overall 60%.
Some companies have this criteria of gap but you don't worry don't go for these companies.
good luck!!!!
6th August 2010, 09:41 PM
sanjusays

It wont be impossible for her to get a job but little difficult as some companies do not allow candidates with gap in their education to enter their selection process....But she should not be disheartened by this....She should work on her skills(related field of engineering,communication/interpersonal skills) and this will definitely help her in getting job in a very good company.....
7th August 2010, 05:06 AM
Unregistered

Try explainm the reasons for dropping those years which shows your positive attitude.
18th August 2010, 08:52 PM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

I dont think the GAPS will affect much if you have performed well in your graduation. The companies do have certain standard wherein they only allow the students which certain percentage and no of attempts but not all.

And i even heard that you can overcome this problem just by issuing them a Gap certificate mentioning the reason why you dropped the year. Thats it

Dont worry ...and best of luck
18th August 2010, 09:36 PM
mohit brh

Dear friend,
No problem but if you have scored good marks in 10th and 12th and also in BE.or B.Tech but in future you will have to face this question.

all the best.
18th August 2010, 09:43 PM
robart
Senior Member+

dear friend,

of course your sister can get job.there are some software and core companies which has fixed some criterias just like candidate should have 60% marks in 10th & 12th.

also year gap of maximum 2 years is permissible.if your sister full fill these criteria then of course she can get job.

best of luck.
18th August 2010, 09:45 PM
answers_for_you

Hello Friend

I do not think that 1 year gap after 10 and 2 year gap after 12 will hamper your sister's carrer.

But when she attend any interview she must have the proper explanation for her gap...

Interviewer generally want to know the reason behind her gap in between education..

So do not get upset and let her do the graduation ,the only thing matter is the knowledge,tell her to study hard.
18th August 2010, 10:48 PM
ansh_ansh
Senior Member++++

dear friend,

there is no needs to worry ,it is fact that most of the company required very

good profile from the candidates,but there is still many company which does

not see the gap and they only see the performance as well as the performance

only during the interview,so prepare for the exam well and make a good

performance in the exam,and no doubt you can get the job.
18th August 2010, 10:58 PM
gayathriraj

i think its a quite simple problem for private institutions like mncs but not for government institutions.
18th August 2010, 11:16 PM
raju.742m

don't b worried...its quite tough...bt believe me,not at all impossible....I,myself,from BE line...software and recruiters want some guy who r intelligent,smart,a bit knowledgable,confident and dedicated to work....they provide training and only after that U have to work...so,its no matter whether u dropped for 1/2 yr or not...it depends totally on how u perform at that time....
bit b very cautious,they will ask u the reason for drop,for sure...prepare the answers carefully so that they don't have a wrong idea about ur capability...got it?let me know about the result....
best of luck
19th August 2010, 12:37 AM
cenaetion
Senior Member+

dear friend,

Listen to me, if u want to go in govt. sector then it will not create any problem

u just have the criteria which they want.

but it will create problem in software sector, they don't allow any year gap.

There are also some software company those are give this type of relaxation .

all the best..
19th August 2010, 01:37 AM
Raj333

dear frnd...........
there is some difficulty for those students who having 1 year gap after 10th examination.there is some private company like TCS does not want any gap beetween 10th and 12th but for goverment sector there is no problem with 1 year gap after 10th and 12 th exam...............
best of luck..............
19th August 2010, 02:37 AM
richa420
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My sister has a 1 year gap after 10th and 2 year gap after 12th and now she had completed her BE ..Will it be impossible for her to get a job.
Frnd
don't be afraid ,If ur sister has done good study in B.E. then certainly she will get job. Various company r there that see only performence of B.Tech.e.g. Hindustan national glass, Tega industry etc .
best of luck
19th August 2010, 01:42 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
in our educational life u may face some problems at the time of getting service.
as an example in b.tech at the time of campusing gapped student r not eligible in interview but friend dont be affraid,u must reach to ur own goal if u have quality i.e, knowledge
Good luck
23rd August 2010, 07:32 PM
Unregistered

dear friend ,
I have got 1 month experience but dont have any relieving letter or resignation letter. now i have searching for another job how should i answer in the interview ?
24th August 2010, 03:55 AM
Unregistered

which GATE score will be valid for admission in 2011.GATE-10 or 11,or average of both or best of two?
26th August 2010, 08:13 PM
Unregistered

i have 56.2 percent in 10th stander but in diploma and B.tech more than 60 percent(information technology)and also after my 10th i did a job for 4 years and i have the experience sertificate. can i have any jobs in level 5 it farms?
28th August 2010, 01:05 AM
KHAN20

Thumbs up Re: Jobs difficulty after having 1 year gap after 10th and 2 years gap after 12th?

dear friend
be cool,don't tensed.because there r some software &core company which recently found out this yr gapping rule for campasing purpose.bt u don't tensed because there r other so many company which does not require this yr gapping rule for campasing.so be cool &prepare urself for campasing.
best of luck.
28th August 2010, 01:21 AM
Adarshxxx
Senior Member+

dear friend............

you willl not get huge problem due to one year gap after 10th and two year gap

after 12th....mainly most of the company can accept maximum two year gap..

but you cannot go inthe company like infosys,microsoft...........

best of luck..........
28th August 2010, 01:06 PM
subhash5687
Banned

Quote:
no dear your sister will face some problem but is not imposible to get job she will got job there is lots of jobs available for such people yo should log on to the site
www.fresherworld.com
www.naukri.com
best of luck
28th August 2010, 05:18 PM
compaq123
Senior Member+

dear sir
it is more problem for your jobs because your air gap more between 2 or 3 year so you do not apply any govt jobs because your age is over.you can apply only for pvt jobs.
good luck
28th August 2010, 06:31 PM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
which GATE score will be valid for admission in 2011.GATE-10 or 11,or average of both or best of two?
both the scores are valid,
you can use the best of both scores ,
there will not be any average,
all the best
28th August 2010, 06:33 PM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
dear friend ,
I have got 1 month experience but dont have any relieving letter or resignation letter. now i have searching for another job how should i answer in the interview ?
i think you should try to take your relieving letter from the previous employers first,or your experience will not count,
if you are not able to take the relieving letter then i think you should not mention about your experience at all
all the best
29th August 2010, 10:43 PM
Unregistered

sir,I'm an a civil engg. student of kiit university(orissa),i'm having 69% in 10th & 68% in 12th & i'm having 1 yr gap after 12th,now i'm interested 2 join in software companies,but my aggregate in b.tech less than 60%,then it would be possible for me to join software cmpnies,if u've an any
30th August 2010, 12:45 PM
princearyan
Senior Member+

dear friends.

there is many good company which does not allow more than two year gap between 12the and b.tech .these are tcs,infosis,

but there is many other company which doesnot look the gap.

so for that company you can go for the job.
1st September 2010, 01:09 PM
poplu13
Senior Member+

HEy its not impossible for her to get a job....PSUs dont even see this...They just need career 60% your sister is eligible for any kind of job...yes Others those are freshers will have a little bit advantage...over this criteria in selection procedure..

Good luck !!
2nd September 2010, 01:24 PM
Unregistered

mother
25th September 2010, 02:30 PM
Unregistered

i m having 71% in 10th and 61% in 12th. my gapping is 3 years between 12th and b.e admission. i m a final year mech&production student. i m having 70% aggregate marks till 6th semmester. i m preparing gate 2011. if i compete this exam then have i any problem to getting job in core company regarding my gapping. my date of birth is 06-09-1987.so, please suggest me.
22nd October 2010, 05:33 PM
nikhilmi
Senior Member++++

This will not hamper her career in the long run.Some companies might pose questions about the gap,but there are reasons for everything.There are few companies which do not allow such persons.But still there are others who mainly focuses on the percentage and talent.
So don't worry your sister will not face much problem at all.
15th November 2010, 05:47 PM
megha ram singh

I don't think that there will be any difficulty in getting job as you said that she has completed her B.E. she can get a good job but it may happen that she don't get a job in the much high class companies since they want a fllawless performer, but you don't worry she'll get a good job either in govt. or private sector.
18th November 2010, 11:38 AM
Unregistered

I am 2008 B.E. IT passed out Mumbai University, i had 2 KTs of 6th & 7th Sem. So, Then Sem-VII KT subject got cleared in May 2009, & Sem-VI KT Subject got cleared in Dec 2009, Marksheets came in my hand on June'2010. My Sem -8 got cleared in Second attempt in Dec 2008. But in my Passing Certificate its mention Dec 2008 Passed out.
Now i m worried as wherever i go for Job , they ask me what you did from Dec 2008 upto today i.e. November 2010 ???
I m really tensed for my job..please help me..what to tell interviewers for this gap from Dec - 2008 to November - 2010 ?
Now i m currently persuing Software Testing course duration 2 months.
18th November 2010, 11:41 AM
Unregistered

I am 2008 B.E. IT passed out Mumbai University, i had 2 KTs of 6th & 7th Sem. So, Then Sem-VII KT subject got cleared in May 2009, & Sem-VI KT Subject got cleared in Dec 2009, Marksheets came in my hand on June'2010. My Sem -8 got cleared in Second attempt in Dec 2008. But in my Passing Certificate its mention Dec 2008 Passed out.
Now i m worried as wherever i go for Job , they ask me what you did from Dec 2008 upto today i.e. November 2010 ???
I m really tensed for my job..please help me..what to tell interviewers for this gap from Dec - 2008 to November - 2010 ?
Now i m currently persuing Software Testing course duration 2 months.
2nd December 2010, 11:39 PM
Pranjal Srivastav

Talking Re: Jobs difficulty after having 1 year gap after 10th and 2 years gap after 12th?

yes it is quite possible . It depends in which job she wants to get into. But as far as drops are concerned she will not be eligible for those companies who mention the same thing(ie flawless study after 10th) like private companies infosys, tcs etc.
5th December 2010, 03:20 PM
subho19
Senior Member+++

Cool Re: Jobs difficulty after having 1 year gap after 10th and 2 years gap after 12th?

Quote:
Dear friend,
Year lack maybe affect her carrer,you can do one thing if possible,arrange a two year working experiences and attech it to resume.
She will get more priority then others...
29th January 2011, 05:01 PM
Unregistered

Does year gap between 12th and B.E matters in case of ST/SC students?
3rd February 2011, 05:32 PM
Unregistered

i am a 2010 b.tech pass out in the branch EC from SMIT(majitar).

i have 8.08 as my cgpa,and 86% in 10 and 79.9% in 10 2...

what i want to know is that if i give a year gap till December 2011....and currently
handling some work in a NGO ....

will i be able to give a job? i haven't applied anywhere after on campus placement ...
coz i have some serious personal commitments to fulfill....so to fill up the gap if i work
in an ngo ..........so will i be eligible and apply for a job or am i in trouble waters?
29th March 2011, 02:34 PM
Unregistered

hi,I am 2007 B.tech pass out in CS with aggregate of 75%.
I have 3 years experience in Automation industry but now i want to move in IT industry.Please guide how to get job in software testing
30th March 2011, 12:05 AM
mini rani
Senior Member++

No, it is not impossible to get a job after having a total of 3 years gap in her academic studies. But it will be difficult for her to get a job.

The eligibility criteria for engineering freshers in most of the MNCs is as follows:
1. 60% through out applicant's academic life i.e. 10th, 12th & BTech
2. Not more than 2 years of academic gap.

But there are some MNCs which provide exception to these eligibility requirements. That is they allow candidates with more than 2 years of gap in their academic life to appear in their recruitment drive.
11th April 2011, 09:38 PM
akkilala
Member+

hi dear
dont think the GAPS will affect much if you have performed well in your graduation. The companies do have certain standard wherein they only allow the students which certain percentage and no of attempts but not all.

And i even heard that you can overcome this problem just by issuing them a Gap certificate mentioning the reason why you dropped the year.
thank
11th April 2011, 09:41 PM
akkilala
Member+

hi dear
dont think the GAPS will affect much if you have performed well in your graduation. The companies do have certain standard wherein they only allow the students which certain percentage and no of attempts but not all.

And i even heard that you can overcome this problem just by issuing them a Gap certificate mentioning the reason why you dropped the year.
thank
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?