29th July 2015, 02:03 AM
Unregistered

By joining local engineering college and giving JEE 2016 can I apply for NITs?

Hello Sir,
I have got 91 percentile in my Boards exam and 81 marks in jee and 2.1 lakh AIR rank and i am proceeding for my state engineering college,but my question is that joining state engg college can i give jee mains again in 2016 and if i score good marks in jee next year than can i apply for any NIT or IIT admission and i get insome NIT then how can i leave my state engineering college..

29th July 2015, 07:49 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: By joining local engineering college and giving JEE 2016 can I apply for NITs?

Yes, you are eligible to appear in JEE 2016 examination after joining in your state engineering college. Any candidate who have qualified 12th standard with PCM group subjects are eligible to appear in JEE Main examination three times that too in three consecutive years and for JEE advanced examination it is two times that too in two consecutive years after completion of 12th standard board examinations. Since, you have appeared only one in JEE Main examination, you have two more chances to appear in JEE Main examination. But, I suggest you to not join in your state engineering college if you are interested to study in NIT because, when your engineering college, your certificates will be taken by the college and you may face difficulties while attending for JEE Main counselling and for getting admission in NIT.
29th July 2015, 10:18 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: By joining local engineering college and giving JEE 2016 can I apply for NITs?

Yes, its good decision that you are joining your state engineering college and preparing for the Joint Entrance Examination 2016, in this way your one year will also be not wasted and if you clear JEE mains or Advanced with good rank, you may get chance to pursue bachelor of technology from NITs or IITs.

Joint Entrance examination is conducted by the CBSE every year. It has two stages JEE mains and JEE advanced. JEE Mains is the first stage and based upon JEE mains marks and 10+2 percentage, your rank in mains will be decided and on the basis of which you will get admission in NITs.

JEE advanced is the second stage, those who clear the mains stage are eligible for the advanced stages. Overall rank of advanced stage decides whether a candidate will get IIT or not.

When you clear the JEE mains with good rank and you are getting admission in any of the NITs then simply write an application to your Registrar office for transfer certificate so that you can get admission in NITs. If unfortunately, you do not get any seat in NITs then you can continue your degree in state engineering college.
29th July 2015, 10:25 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to get the admission in the NIT and IIT next year. The eligibility to get the admission is the candidate need to qualify in the JEE examination.

JEE stands for the Joint Entrance Examination and it is conducted by the CBSE every year. The eligibility to appear in the examination is candidate must have passed the 10+2 from the recognised board.

Yes you can enrol your self in the government colleges this year and prepare for the examination and qualify in the Mains and the Advance examination in the next year.

After qualifying you are eligible to get the admission next year. After qualifying Mains become eligible for the admission in NIT and after qualifying in the Advance become eligible for the IIT.
29th July 2015, 11:46 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Yes, of course, there is no issue if you are studying in first year of engineering and then apply for the Joint Entrance examination for getting admission in NITs or IITs.

Joint Entrance exam has two stages:

1. JEE Mains.

2. JEE Advanced.

If you will clear JEE mains with good rank, you will eligible for getting admission in NITs, after which you can appear for Advanced stage, clearing which if you have good rank, you can also get admission in IITs.

If you get good rank, then you may ask or write to your Head of Department of your college for cancelling admission and giving your documents so that you can get admission in NITs or IITs
29th July 2015, 02:27 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can apply for the Joint Entrance exam being an engineering student of first year from state engineering college.

Now, you can only get admission in National institute of technology if you crack the JEE Mains and for IIT, a candidate needs to crack JEE Advanced with good rank. JEE Mains is the first stage of this exam.

If you are able to crack then you write to your college in which you are studying right now to cancel your admission, however the institute may ask for the reason as its one seat will remain vacant for rest three years. So you need to have good reason for cancellation of admission from that college.

After getting transfer certificate and all documents which you submitted at the time of admission, you can get admission in NIT or IIT depending upon your performance in JEE.
29th July 2015, 09:44 PM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

Yes.You can apply for JEE Main 2016 again Eventhough you are studying in State Engineering College.In NITs , Admission is done on the basis of JEE Main score.If you will get good score in JEE Main , then you will have chance to get admission in NITs(National Institute Of Technology)

Important Date For JEE Main
- Start Online Application : 07/11/2014
- Last Date Of Application : 26/12/2014
- Admit Card Download Onwards : 12/03/2015
- Exam JEE Main : 04/04/2015
- Reault Declaration : 27/04/2015

Admission Procedure For NITs
- Register Online On JEE Main Website
- Fill Your Preference Of Institute & Branch
- College will be Alloted according to your preference cum your JEE Main Score during First round of counselling
- If you are interested to take a admission in alloted college , then you can pay the fees & Confirm your admission for that college.
- If you don't want to take admission , then you will have to wait till next round of counselling & College will be alloted again according to Available seats , Your preference & Your JEE Main score.
15th July 2019, 11:39 AM
Unregistered

I have dropped 1 year for jee mains(2019) and taking admission in local engineering college, can i appear for jee mains again?
17th July 2019, 11:39 PM
Deepanshu3010

Yes,you can apply for NIT next year but you will be able to get a top NIT if you secure a good JEE rank. If you get admission in any NIT next year then you can leave your state engineering college.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?