26th May 2010, 01:14 AM
hemantvarshney

Lateral entery in NIT b.tech: Admission in 2nd year after diploma in electrical engineering?

I have done my diploma in electrical engineering. now i want to do b.tech in NIT from 2nd year. Is this possible?

26th May 2010, 01:29 PM
Mubaraque

Default Re: Lateral entery in NIT b.tech: Admission in 2nd year after diploma in electrical engineering?

I think there is no way to get admission to NIT through LET to 2nd year. I think SC Students will get to 2nd year. I heard, can get to first year. But don't know whether it is through general entrane (Qualification: 3 year diploma. This is helpful for those who doesn't completed +2) or through LET
26th May 2010, 02:14 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Lateral entery in NIT b.tech: Admission in 2nd year after diploma in electrical engineering?

Dear let me tell you that Niether IIT's nor NIT's have Lateral Entry Scheme into 2nd year of B.Tech.

There is no such proviosions into NIT's for that.

Even Diploma Engineering Student who cracks AIEEE will be provided Admission to the first year of B.Tech at NIT's or IIIT's. As there is no provision for lateral entry into 2nd year.

However, request was made for indroducing such provisions but has be rejected as it will effect the quality and faculty of education at NIT's.

Regards
~Faiyaz ~
28th May 2010, 04:44 PM
Unregistered

Every one is aware of the confusions, problems created by CCB Warangal last year, to the deserving students and their parents, in the whole AIEEE counselling process. It is time that Honourable HR Minister issues a Notification, to allow Lateral Entry for deserving students to opt for lateral entry for the AVAILABLE vacant seats in the HOME STATE NIT.
Humble request is to act fast so that the interested students can apply based in AI/HS quota.
28th May 2010, 04:53 PM
kool
Senior Member++

dear friend, as you have done your diploma in Electrical department.
you can apply for AIEEE as an diploma holder.
but it is not possible to take admission in NIT directly in 2nd year.
It is possible only when there are some seats vacant in 1st year.
kindly you can apply for different state level colleges which offers for diploma student to take admission in 2nd year.
good luck.
31st May 2010, 11:01 AM
sadhan
Senior Member+

dear friend,
their is no scheme of lateral entry in NITs in B.Tech course.
you can apply in different colleges in different states which takes admission 2nd year as lateral entry for it you have diploma degree.
31st May 2010, 11:30 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by unregistered View Post
every one is aware of the confusions, problems created by ccb warangal last year, to the deserving students and their parents, in the whole aieee counselling process. It is time that honourable hr minister issues a notification, to allow lateral entry for deserving students to opt for lateral entry for the available vacant seats in the home state nit.
Humble request is to act fast so that the interested students can apply based in ai/hs quota.
yes, if the honourable hr minister orders for a notification to ccb, for allowing lateral entry into second year from one nit to the other nit where seats are vaccant, it will be a great help to both students and parents. Hope to get a positive response.
1st June 2010, 12:33 AM
9A2M00
Senior Member+

It is not yet declared .try at their home site.
You don’t need to worry for any sort.
It is same like so.
4th June 2010, 12:22 AM
Unregistered

WHICH IS BETTER MNIT ALLAHABAD CIVIL OR DTU CIVIL;
4th June 2010, 12:34 AM
Unregistered

WHERE IS NIT DELHI;HOW MANY SEATS IT WOULD HAVE:WT WILL BE THE EXPECTED CUTOFF IN RESPECTIVE BRANCHES FOR DELHI REGION CANDIDATES?
6th June 2010, 08:34 PM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

Not much info is out about NIT Delhi. But yeah competition will be high for admission into this NIT
13th June 2010, 10:25 PM
Unregistered

can i get to admission to first year engineering in coep after doing diploma?
14th June 2010, 12:20 AM
garg.satish0
Senior Member++++

dear friend , there are no provisions such as lateral entries in nit's .
they only enable students to change their nit college from one state to another depending upon the no. of particular seat in the college .

but you might able to get admission's into new nit's through transfer scheme .
hope your doubt to be solved.
feel free to post as many doubts as you can , we are here to solve your doubts .

regards
~satish.
14th June 2010, 01:08 AM
varunsingh753

dear friend,
their is no scheme of lateral entry in NITs in B.Tech course.
you can apply in different colleges in different states which takes admission 2nd year as lateral entry for it you have diploma d
21st June 2010, 07:46 PM
Unregistered

how to get admsn in nit
22nd June 2010, 05:13 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
how to get admsn in nit

For getting into NIT's the only way is to Crack AIEEE with very good Rank and score.

Since, the number of NIT's and IIIT's have been increased to 26 seats are also increased. However, you can get into NIT if your All India Rank is at least within 12,000 and your state rank will not be helpful unless your AIR is very good.

If you are from any backward community then better apply through that because it would be very helpful.

Last edited by faiyaz; 22nd June 2010 at 05:14 PM. Reason: internet problem
22nd June 2010, 05:52 PM
subhasish
Senior Member++

Yes it is possible ,the only thing you need to do is to crack the entrance exam.

Sit for the AIEEE exam and score good marks ,it will help you out to get admitted in the NIT's.
All the best for the exam.
22nd June 2010, 06:43 PM
compaq123
Senior Member+

dear friend
yes you are elligible for lateral entry in nit. but only on the basis of aieee exam.
23rd June 2010, 01:11 PM
Unregistered

hello sir
i m selected for the computer engg. of diploma in nilokheri.
will i take the admission or not because i want to do b-tech.
also please tell me about seats in nit, iit institutes for diploma holders lateral entry.
25th June 2010, 01:25 PM
Unregistered

I am a student of NIT silchar and have just completed my FIRST YEAR .I live in Ranchi(Jharkhand) and it takes me two days to travel to Silchar
through train and bus. During my summer vacation, my elder brother died in an accident .My parents want me to get admission in any
of the nearer NIT.So whether is it possible to take TRANSFER from NIT silchar to any other nearer NIT in second year? If yes,then what
is the whole process?
2nd July 2010, 11:54 AM
vamsisherlock

want to do b.tech in NIT from 2nd year. Is this possible , if possible how?
5th July 2010, 08:36 PM
Unregistered

Addmission in 2nd year in B.tech. what are the requirements? need of border area?when a consuling is going on and last date of subbmission date
7th July 2010, 02:30 PM
ranjit1234567890

what is the best course after doing diploma in electrical engg.....
7th July 2010, 05:24 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamsisherlock View Post
want to do b.tech in NIT from 2nd year. Is this possible , if possible how?

No its not Possible..............!

IIT,NIT, IIIT and few Institute of national and state importance like- DCE etc. have no such provisions for Lateral Entry into 2nd year.

These institutes are formed by a Special ACTs and Ammendment from the Constitution of India which are specially ment for Establishment of such institutes.

However, proposal has been made by Authorities for Granting Lateral Entry into NIT, but it has been not implemented and was rejected, showing the cause that it will badly effect the Quality and Brand of NIT.

Regards
~Faiyaz~
8th July 2010, 04:36 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjit1234567890 View Post
what is the best course after doing diploma in electrical engg.....

Non other then B.Tech/BE in Electrical Engineering.

Since you are already a Diploma Electrical Engineer, going for Bachelor degree in the is the best option for you. It will not only increase the employbility but also will be a promising career oppurtunity.
24th July 2010, 02:25 PM
Unregistered

Is there any seats available in cusat in BTECH for diploma students through lateral entry??? By SAJAS.K.K.
18th August 2010, 06:07 PM
Unregistered

z tell me procedure for lateral entry in civil engineering in vest collages and uni
19th August 2010, 03:30 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
i m sorry to say that any IIT & NIT have no chance for lateral entry directly,only possible throw AIEEE exam;
if it impossible u can get chance in any other general B.Tech college in india
Best of luck
16th September 2010, 03:35 PM
Unregistered

lateral entry 2011 ki dates kya hai
14th October 2010, 10:48 PM
mseetharamster

You can join NITs by clearing AIEEE but you must join first year and there is no lateral admission.
15th October 2010, 01:19 AM
vik111

dear friend,

you have done your diploma in Electrical department.
kindly you can apply for different state level colleges which offers for diploma student to take admission in 2nd year.

good luck.
15th October 2010, 01:46 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

you can't take admisson in NIT after Diploma in electrical engineering.

through lateral entry test, diploma holders in in electrical engineering can't join in NITs.

as to join NITs, students should have to appear in the the AIEEE EXAM.

all the best............
15th October 2010, 01:48 AM
Rudraprasad
Senior Member++

Smile Re: Lateral entery in NIT b.tech: Admission in 2nd year after diploma in electrical engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemantvarshney View Post
I have done my diploma in electrical engineering. now i want to do b.tech in NIT from 2nd year. Is this possible?
dear friend,

there is no scope for lateral entry in NITs.so try any state college through state board lateral examination.

good luck.
15th October 2010, 05:32 PM
aotiwari

There are lateral admissions in NIT but for that the minimum marks criteria is 60% in respective streams.
15th October 2010, 05:44 PM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Quote:
dear friend,
in nit and iit, there is no provision for lateral entry. If you want take admission in these institutes, then you will have to give iit or aieee exam. But even then you will get admission in first year. Right now you can try for other government colleges. They are the best for diploma holders.
11th November 2010, 01:14 PM
Unregistered

i have completed my diploma in metallurgy cani apply for b.tech metallurgy
27th January 2011, 06:34 PM
Unregistered

This is raushan. i have done iti and right now m doing diploma mechanical in second year with above 80% and i wanna done b-tecch with NIT
30th March 2011, 07:15 PM
vijaypatel54
Senior Member+

Hi,
as you have done your diploma in Electrical department.
Thanks
30th March 2011, 11:19 PM
mukul0094
Banned

Quote:
B.Tech Admission in NIT.

For the admission in the B.Tech in NIT after completing diploma you
must qualify the AIEEE exam. You can also apply in the final year of
diploma for AIEEE exam. you can take admission in the 2nd year directly
after completing diploma course by lateral entry examination.

For details information please see the official website of AIEEE.

http://www.aieee.nic.in
Visit this website.

Regard
~Mukul~
2nd June 2011, 01:16 AM
Unregistered

dear diploma n bsc holder can get admission in nit 2nd year..this info. Published in dna bhaskar 11 jan 2011..n search on aicte website..
Dk gorchhia
28th July 2011, 11:06 PM
kartikayan

Hi dear,

let me tell you that Niether IIT's nor NIT's have Lateral Entry Scheme into 2nd year of B.Tech.

Even Diploma Engineering Student who cracks AIEEE will be provided Admission to the first year of B.Tech at NIT's or IIIT's. As there is no provision for lateral entry into 2nd year.

However, request was made for indroducing such provisions but has be rejected as it will effect the quality and faculty of education at NIT's.

Thanks
14th August 2011, 12:50 PM
Unregistered

It is learnt that Diploma holder from approved poly technic colleges from Kerals are now eligible for lateral entry for 3rd year B Tech coursess. Is it true ?
8th October 2011, 06:34 PM
Unregistered

how many colleges taking direct 2nd admission in btech colleges?
8th October 2011, 11:01 PM
indrajitmishra123
Senior Member+

Location: c/o- Laxmidhar mishra, at- jayapurkilla, p.o.- pipli,dist- puri, pin-752104, orissa

Dear let me tell you that Niether IIT's nor NIT's have Lateral Entry Scheme into 2nd year of B.Tech.

Regards
8th October 2011, 11:57 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Lateral entery in NIT b.tech: Admission in 2nd year after diploma in electrical engineering?

Quote:

I am sorry my friend but IITs and NITs do not conduct lateral entry exam..
So,there is no way you can get direct admission into an IIT or NIT in the 2nd year..

If you really want to get into an IIT or NIT then you will have to clear the IIT-JEE or AIEEE with a really good rank..

If you manage to clear their respective exams with a really good rank then you will be eligible to take admission in the first year of any of your desired NIT or IIT provided that you clear the cut-off for that college..

There are many good private institutions which conduct lateral entry exam for direct admissions in the 2nd year like :-

JIIT,Noida
Thapar University
LNMIT,Jaipur
IMS,Ghaziabad
AKG,Noida

and many more..

all the best..

With Warm Regards
"Nitz"
9th November 2011, 04:21 PM
dimple.simple
Senior Member++

dear friend, as you have done your diploma in Electrical department.
10th November 2011, 12:27 AM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

HI,
It is impossible for getting addimision in NIT in B.Tech second year.
If you want to take addimision in NIT you have to qualify the AIEEE exam CONDUCTED BY CBSE.

GOOD LUCK!
30th November 2011, 09:48 PM
tuntunia

Every one is aware of the confusions, problems created by CCB Warangal last year, to the deserving students and their parents, in the whole AIEEE counselling process. It is time that Honourable HR Minister issues a Notification, to allow Lateral Entry for deserving students to opt for lateral entry for the AVAILABLE vacant seats in the HOME STATE NIT.
Humble request is to act fast so that the interested students can apply based in AI/HS quota.
20th December 2011, 11:25 PM
Unregistered

I completed my diploma in metallurgical engg. ;can i admission Lateral entry in B.tech NIT.
25th February 2012, 11:44 AM
Unregistered

Sir i have done my diploma in electronic and communication sir i want to addmission in pantnagar engg. College thruogh lateral entery enterance exam.sir i want to know that how many seats reserve for OBC students and when will come its form
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?