28th March 2011, 09:42 AM
kramareddy

List of colleges offering Astronomy/Cosmology as the main subject in degree level?

Pl advise me the List of colleges/universities offering Astronomy/Cosmology as main subject in degree level.

4th January 2012, 08:05 PM
SAMRAT2011
Member+

Default Re: List of colleges offering Astronomy/Cosmology as the main subject in degree level?

You can apply in these following colleges offering Astronomy/Cosmology as the main subject in Degree level.

•Punjab University,

•MP Birla Planetarium,

•Andhra University, Visakhapatnam

•JNTU College of Engineering, Hyderabad

Osmania University,

Indian Institute of Astrophysics, Koramangala

All the best.
5th January 2012, 12:09 PM
thechosen

Default Re: List of colleges offering Astronomy/Cosmology as the main subject in degree level?

It depends on the country where you wish to study. For example, in the U.S the University of Arizona, Arizona State University amogst others offers this courses in degree level. So which country is it?
22nd March 2012, 12:02 PM
Unregistered

after finishing my 12 th class i want to study astronomy which universities offer . please tell me.
5th April 2012, 06:26 PM
Unregistered

i have finish my 12 th and now i want to study cosmology.please tell me in which colleage i should apply?
10th December 2012, 06:02 PM
Unregistered

can i study the cosmology after completing my b.e. in electronics and communication? And how?
26th February 2013, 09:59 AM
Unregistered

what are the requirements of colleges for admission
for study of cosmology?
2nd March 2013, 03:56 PM
Unregistered

is any entrance exam to take admission in these colleges?
2nd March 2013, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramareddy View Post
Pl advise me the List of colleges/universities offering Astronomy/Cosmology as main subject in degree level.
Dear friend,

List of colleges offering Astronomy

Andhra University, Visakhapatnam 530003 - Course:
MSc Space Physics (3yrs).
Eligibility: BSc.
Diploma in Space Science & Tech.
Eligibility: MS (Phs)/MScTech with electronics.

MP Birla Planetarium, 96 Jawaharlal Nehru Rd, Kolkata 700071.
Course: PG Diploma in Astronomy & Planetary Sciences.

Indian Institute of Astrophysics, Koramangala, Bangalore 560034.
Course: PhD in Astronomy and Astrophysics, Post-doctoral Fellowships. (www.iiap.ernet.in).

JNTU College of Engineering, Hyderabad.
Course: MSc (Tech) Space Physics).

National Centre for Radio Astrophysics,
Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR), Pune & Bangalore Campus, (www.tifr.res.in/~gsch).
Research Programmes in Astrophysics & Astronomy (Radio Astronomy & Astrophys, Theoretical Phys & Astrophys, Elig: MSc (Phy/ Astro/ Appl Math/ Physical Chem. BSc/ BE/ BTech with exceptional record can also apply. Selection: Written test & interview.

Osmania University, Centre for Advanced Study in Astronomy, Hyderabad 500007.
Course: MSc (Astronomy).
Eligibility: BSc (45% in the rel subj).

Punjabi University, Patiala 147002 (Punj).
Course: PG Diploma in Space Sciences.
Eligibility: MSc (Phys)/ BSc/ BE/ BTech (50%).

thank you
9th April 2013, 12:17 PM
pokeman

dear friend,,,,

List of colleges offering Astronomy/Cosmology as the main subject in degree level

1.Andhra University, Visakhapatnam
2.Punjab University,
3.JNTU College of Engineering, Hyderabad
4.MP Birla Planetarium,
5.Osmania University,
6.Indian Institute of Astrophysics, Koramangala
7.National Centre for Radio Astrophysics,

all the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
6th June 2013, 07:42 PM
Unregistered

what is the scope of cosmology in India...........?
12th June 2013, 09:48 AM
Unregistered

i pass my 12th and i want to study in astronomy which colleage i should apply?
26th June 2013, 09:26 PM
Unregistered

i,m studing ISC 12. can anyone please tell me where we can study cosmology in Indian?
22nd March 2014, 12:46 PM
Unregistered

I Want to go in the field of cosmology after completing b.sc(physics,chemistry).what best should I do for this Please suggest me.
lalit chauhan
28th March 2014, 08:29 PM
Unregistered

will I get admission in the cosmology course offering colleges by doing diploma in engineering after class 10?
16th December 2014, 06:44 PM
Unregistered

i finished my BE in mechanical engineering but i want to research in the cosmology. what best should I do for this Please suggest me.
26th January 2015, 04:37 PM
Unregistered

i there any institute or college may be govt. or private offering cosmology in patiala(punjab)
26th January 2015, 04:40 PM
Unregistered

Is there any college, university or institute may be govt. or private offering cosmology in patiala(punjab)
19th April 2015, 08:03 PM
Unregistered

Please suggest some excellent colleges offering b.tech as well as m.tech courses in astronomy. Kindly also tell the admission procedure and exams to be taken in order to get into those colleges.
29th April 2015, 02:38 PM
Unregistered

i want to do cosmology course after my graduation. i have completed my 12th Science. Pls suggest which graduation
will be useful for that.?? Engineering or B.Sc. with Physics or Maths. Pls suggest
16th June 2015, 11:43 PM
Unregistered

After completing 12 with PCM, I want study cosmology so how can i get degree of that
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?