11th February 2011, 09:27 AM
pranathi1

Shift to Astronomy field after B.Tech 2 (Civil) from India?

Hi...I am padma...pursuing B.tech 2 (Civil) from India..... I wanna shift to Astronomy/ Astrophysics field...Is it possible? let me know if there is any way

Related Questions:
  1. Career shift to Astronomy field after B.Tech (Civil) from India?
  2. Stream to choose in 11th standard for becoming an Astronaut?
  3. Which are the entrance tests related to Astronomy or Astrophysics? Is there any online Astronomy class?
  4. What should I do after B.E to go for astronomy field?
  5. How to get admission in any university to do Ph.D in Astronomy?
  6. Which post graduation course is best to pursue in Astronomy field? -- [New]
  7. Scope for Researching field if I do Ph.d in Radio Astronomy? Is it Necessary to do Post Graduation or PhD to Enter Research Field?
  8. What to do after passing 12th to get in the field of Astronomy?
  9. What should I choose between B.Sc and B.Tech to study further in the field of Astronomy?
  10. What to do after 12th to get into the field of Astronomy?
  11. List of Colleges or Universities offering B.Tech in Astronomy? Career scope in this field?
  12. How can i change my career path from Computer Science to Astronomy?
  13. Is MSc in Astronomy having a good scope in India? Which are the universities offering this course?
  14. Astronomy Olympiads is held also for 8th standard students in India?
  15. Courses that can be done after passing 12th? I wan't to become a space scientist -- [Most Discussed]
  16. Possibility to get admission in Ph.D(Astronomy) programme for M.Sc(Astronomy) student? In which entrance exam I have to appear?
  17. Eligibility to pursue Astrophysics or Astronomy course in IUCAA or IIA Bangalore at the age of 30? What would be the options available in the research field?
  18. What are the opportunities available to shift from IT field to Chemical company?
11th February 2011, 04:01 PM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Shift to Astronomy field after B.Tech 2 (Civil) from India?

hi..
civil engineering is really booming in India with this much of construction and development work going all around,and many new projects coming
if there was an time to become an civil engineer in India this is that time ,
and you are thinking of changing from this field i don't think this is an great idea,
because of the shortage of the civil engineers in the field there is huge demand and now even the salaries are on par with software companies and some times even better,
so think about your idea then decide,
take the most wise decision
17th June 2011, 11:47 AM
Unregistered

i want to be an astrophysicist bt i dun no which colleges in india give such courses??????
2nd August 2011, 01:42 PM
Unregistered

I am currently doing my btech in mechanicle enng. but want to pursue my career in astronomy.what are the future prospects for me?
30th December 2011, 11:44 PM
Unregistered

i want to be an astrophysicist after my btech in etc .please guide me
28th May 2012, 12:40 PM
Unregistered

I want to become an astrophysicst but before that iwant to do engineering what type of engineering can i take
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?