4th March 2012, 02:22 PM
mones.392

List of top universities in Germany for doing MS in Biotechnology?

I want to know about the top universities in Germany for MS in biotechnology. Also I want to know what is the eligibility to enter and what are the exams we need to crack to enter a germany university?

Related Questions:
  1. How may I get admission in Germany for MS course? What are the entrancing tests be conducted in Germany for the same? List of the top universities in Germany for the same? What are the scopes available in Germany after doing MS in machine design?
  2. How should I apply for Ph.D course in Germany? -- [New]
  3. List of top universities in Germany providing M.Tech degree in Biotechnology?
  4. List of top 10 universities of US/UK/Germany to pursue MS programme? Procedure for applying in those universities? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. List of top universities in Germany for MS and Ph.D(chemistry) in Germany?
  6. MS course offering universities in Germany?
  7. List of top universities for MS in automobile in Germany? What is their fee structure?
  8. How may I do dissertation in Germany(in time period of june to october)? List of universities offering dissertation in Germany?
  9. Which of the following universities should I prefer for doing Masters in Molecular Biotechnology?
  10. List of the top universities along with their eligibility criteria and scholarships program offering MS course with mechanical engineering in Germany?
  11. Requirements and eligibility criteria to pursue Ph.D in Germany after MSc in Biotechnology? List of institutes in Germany and how can I get admission?
  12. List of universities in Germany where I can carry out further procedures?
  13. Top universities in Germany offering MS Pharmaceutical Analysis course in Germany?
  14. Procedure to study MS in Germany for a candidate who has secured 6 CGPA in B.Tech? List of universities offering admission?
  15. What's the career prospects in Germany after doing MS? List of the top universities where MS is taught in english in Germany? What's the total cost for the same?
  16. Is it necessary to take GRE test to apply for the universities in Germany? List of universities offering the course?
  17. How may I apply for MS and research programs in Germany? List of the universities along with their entrance exam and eligibility criteria offering MS course in mechanical and automobile engineering in Germany? I have done BE in mechanical with 73%
  18. List of the top universities along with their fee structure offering MS course with civil engineering stream in Germany?
4th July 2012, 10:07 PM
Germany2012

Default Re: List of top universities in Germany for doing MS in Biotechnology?

I believe that some oft the best European universities are nowadays located in Germany again, while the competition not only from the Netherlands and Switzerland is extremely challenging.

Even such universities as this one in Prague which is the oldest in Central Europe and extremely international don't make it into the worldwide Top 300 anymore, Copenhagen just has a higher budget and it matters. All countries have academic brains.

CalTech sets the standards in science but Prague is still among the wordwide top 1.5%. There are just very many universities around the globe.

There are hundreds of biotechnology faculties in Germany and many of them are misleading in my layman opinion. The industries do not need so many bio technologists.

That said I recommend to have a look at http://www.biotec.tu-dresden.de . They are elitist in their subject and extremely well connected in the global scientific community. This university in Dresden, based in eastern Germany in a very beautiful smaller metropolitan city, is regularly ranked in the Top 5 of German universities in all kinds of engineering and captivates with a very dynamic and continuous development.

The worldwide brand universities in the US accumulate much more in-university research potential and nobel prize winners and citations in anglo-saxon magazines, which is what all the rankings are made of. They play in a well-earned other league than all German universities. But TU Dresden plays in the same when it is about nano-electronics and biophysics. No other German university applies more patents than Dresden. Even not the slightly more known TU Munich, KIT Karlsruhe an RWTH Aachen. However applicable the rankings are to German universities, I expect Dresden to improve their ranking significantly in the upcoming years because the scientific community in the area is singular with Europe's biggest cluster of micro electronis.

The true and post-master elite institutions as Max Planck society, Helmholtz society, Fraunhofer and Leibniz Society all love Dresden. Searching for the truth in engineering have a look at also Germany. The universities there are moderately funded and travel less with their classes, they also do not give Apples to all their students, but the academic niveau is nothing to sneeze at.

Other leading universities in medicines are Charité Berlin and Uni Heidelberg.

The list cannot be complete because there is no undoubted hierarchy among universities as between ivy league and backup colleges. They all have their right to exist as a first choice.

It's no bad idea to learn German while of course difficult abroad. Relatively some, in absolute numbers many, courses are offered in English but knowing German is always a Plus when it is about entrance barriers. I also know a biotechnology PhD who does not know any German but this means she is outstanding and surpassing in other features of her person.

If you look for underdogs with relevance and excellence TU Chemnitz and TU Freiberg pave new ways in stealth mode but known among employers at least in Europe.

Do you already know http://www.daad.de ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mones.392 View Post
I want to know about the top universities in Germany for MS in biotechnology. Also I want to know what is the eligibility to enter and what are the exams we need to crack to enter a germany university?
12th July 2012, 08:15 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
please reply fastly
13th July 2012, 10:53 AM
sukhattly.333
Member+

Quote:

good morning my dear friend

List of top universities offering Master of Science in Biotechnology, Bioinformatics Programs in USA.

1. Purdue University
2. Stanford University
3. University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign
4. Harvard University Extension School
5. Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
6. University of California San Diego
7. Rutgers University-New Brunswick
8. Oregon State University
9. Columbia University
10.University of Wisconsin, Madison
29th December 2012, 11:02 AM
sahoop
Senior Member+++

hi,,,

List of top universities in Germany for doing MS in Biotechnology

1.columbia univ.
2.purdue univ.
3.univ. of california
4.oregon state univ.
5.stanford univ.
6.rensselaer polytechnic inst.
7.univ. of wisconsin
8.rutgers univ.

all the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
31st December 2012, 11:51 PM
anukulachandra

HI,

These are some top universities in Germany for doing MS in Biotechnology------------

1. Purdue University
2. Stanford University
3. University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign
4. Harvard University Extension School
5. Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
6. University of California San Diego
7. Rutgers University-New Brunswick
8. Oregon State University

This should help
thank you
20th May 2013, 09:05 AM
Unregistered

I am a Bsc Bio Tech completed course and awaiting result. Can I know which are the Universities in Germen offers MSc Biotech, what is the fee structure? Is ther scholarships for studies in Germany for Indian? What are the formalities for admission for the year 2013-14 for Msc Biotch?
20th October 2013, 07:53 PM
Unregistered

i am completed master degree in biotechnology..now i looking to do Phd or Master's in Biotechnology...how to apply and get the addmision from Germany..could you plz tell me..
4th May 2014, 07:22 PM
Unregistered

hi ,
i have completed my Integrated Mtech in biotech and looking forwards to perusing a phd or MS in environmental biotechnology.could you suggest few good universities in US and UK and also the eligibility criteria?
19th May 2014, 11:59 AM
Unregistered

Hi,
I just want to clarify whether there is my deemed university in Germany? If yes pls help me with their names.
15th May 2015, 01:57 PM
Unregistered

I am going to complete my B.Tech. Biotechnology in May 2016. I would like to do my Master degree in germany. Could you suggest me good universities and how to apply and get the admission.
15th December 2015, 08:25 PM
kanikamohini

List of top universities in Germany for doing MS in Biotechnology
----------------------------------

--Oregon State University

--Univerity of California San Diego

--Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute

--University of Wisconsin

--University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign

--Purdue University

--Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute

--Purdue Universit

--Stanford University

--Oregon State University

--Harvard University Extension School
31st May 2016, 09:17 PM
mitalirani

List of top universities in Germany
----------------------------------------

-Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
-Columbia University
-oregon state univ.
-University of Illinois at Urbana
-Rutgers University-New Brunswick
-Purdue University
-Harvard University Extension School
-Stanford University
-Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
-Stanford University
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?