23rd December 2018, 07:14 PM
Unregistered

LLB or BSc, which is better to study for UPSC aspirant?

I am successfully completed my 12th and now going to opt for LLB course. My aim is to join UPSC. So, my parents are suggesting me to do BSc course. So, I am little confused right now. Can you please tell me which one is better?

26th December 2018, 10:25 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: LLB or BSc, which is better to study for UPSC aspirant?

After 12th, LLB is of 5 year duration while B.Sc will be of three year duration.

So, as per my opinion also you can purse B.Sc course. Along with the B.Sc course you can focus on the preparation for entrance examination to qualify in the examination.

UPSC is among the toughest examination so you need to do better preparation with consistency to qualify in the examination. It is conducted in three stages. For syllabus and other detail visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
28th December 2018, 05:27 PM
Meg24

Hello,

If you have decided to pursue UPSC at such a young age,I suggest you to pay heed to your parent's advice.

The Upsc only mentions that any candidate above the age of 21 and with a graduation degree from a recognised University.

Also as you have decided to go for the Upsc exam, I suggest you to select the subjects in such a never which will help you in future for your Upsc preparation ☺️.

Good luck
29th December 2018, 12:43 PM
rituja mukherjee

LLB is preferable for UPSC aspirants. This is because of the fact that in LLB you'll have papers like, Political Science, and Constitution which are extremely helpful for UPSC aspirants because Indian Polity which is a 100 marks paper in UPSC is entirely based on Indian Constitution. So it is easier for a law student to relate to the subject matter, and get an advantage. Also the success rate for law students to clear UPSC is higher as seen in the recent trend.
31st December 2018, 12:29 PM
praveenyoutuber

BSC which is more preferred to LLB. It better to go for any 3 years UG course and prepare for UPSC with full power.

Thanks
31st March 2019, 02:08 PM
Quikri

As we all know,the Upsc exam is conducted yearly for the recruitment of Candidates in the prestigious Civil services.

As per the official notification,there is no specific course mentioned which you need to pursue in order to be an Ias so you free to chose a degree of your choice.
Now coming to your confusion,I suggest you to go with your parents choice as it seems so realistic if you want to pursue only UPSC.
But if you want to have a career backup along with Upsc,I suggest you to go with ur preferred choice.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?