14th September 2010, 04:25 PM
srishiva

M.Phil. in computer science in IIT

I am doing mca i want do mphil in my future in the discipline of computer science in iit is it possible or not if it is possible please tel the way to do that regarding enterance exams etc.

17th September 2010, 02:38 PM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: M.Phil. in computer science in IIT

yes, Shrishiva you are eligible to do mphil after completing your mca.if you want to do it as a regular then an entrance exam is mandatory other wiseyou can do it as a correspondence from IGNOU,where no entrance is required.

17th September 2010, 10:43 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
I am doing mca i want do mphil in my future in the discipline of computer science in iit is it possible or not if it is possible please tel the way to do that regarding enterance exams etc.
Dear Friend
The M.Phil ie master of philosophy is a special research degree and only awarded by selected departments of a university (mostly in the fields of Arts, Social Sciences, Archaeology, Philosophy and Theology).
In IITs the M.Phil. course is conducted by Dept of Humanities and the the degree awarded in M.Phil in Planning and Development.
Eligibility and Selection Procedure
Admission to this programme is open to those who qualify in MET/GATE/UGC-JRF/UGC-LECTURERSHIP. Master's Degree in Arts, Commerce (with 55% marks), or M.Sc., B.Tech (with 60% marks with adequate background in Social Sciences) is essential. Those appearing for the above exams may also apply. Those who are in service can apply as sponsored candidates. The selection will be based on the qualifying test and interview.

The programme aims to educate and train personnel in various aspects of Development Policy in the Indian Context. The Programme is interdisciplinary with a theoretic-practical thrust, and is not in an area offered by the universities. The students will be trained to help steer the national, state and regional plans.

Social reality and development are complex phenomenon. They can be understood in their entirety only by adopting the multidisciplinary approach. A holistic understanding of socio-economic reality and of the various stages and levels of expertise involve d in the information and implementation of development policies can bring about a sustainable, stable, and desirable development. There is a paucity of such personnel in India at present. It is in this context that the HSS Department has launched its multidisciplinary M.Phil. programme.

Download the Mphil brochure of IIT Bombay from the attachments.
Thank You
Attached Files
File Type: pdf MPhilBrochure10.pdf(85.1 KB, 300 views)

1st October 2010, 06:23 PM
asahu47
Senior Member+++

hii..

Admission to this programme is open to those who qualify in MET/GATE/UGC-JRF/UGC-LECTURERSHIP. Master's Degree in Arts, Commerce (with 55% marks), or M.Sc., B.Tech (with 60% marks with adequate background in Social Sciences) is essential. Those appearing for the above exams may also apply. Those who are in service can apply as sponsored candidates. The selection will be based on the qualifying test and interview.

good luck.

23rd November 2010, 11:36 AM
Unregistered

I am doing mca i want do mphil in my future in the discipline of computer science. MET/GATE/UGC-JRF is must or not. can u tell any other way?

24th February 2011, 03:39 PM
Unregistered

I am did mca i want do mphil in my future in the discipline of computer science. MET/GATE/UGC-JRF is must or not. can u tell any other way?

18th March 2011, 10:28 PM
Unregistered

i need M.phil computer science entrance exam model question paper in madurai kamaraj university

13th April 2011, 10:23 AM
Unregistered

I have completed my MSc in computer science and i want to do Mphil from mumbai unversity. Please guide how to apply.

Thanks

20th April 2011, 03:43 PM
Unregistered

i want to know entrance exam dat of m.phil...................plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz tell me the date

27th May 2011, 02:04 PM
Unregistered

m.phil entrance exam date
28:5:2011

8th June 2011, 01:13 PM
Unregistered

i know about mphil computer science in annamalai university distance education

12th July 2011, 07:32 PM
Unregistered

Hi I have completed my Msc Physics but in My Bsc it is Maths,Computers,and Physics combination.Now I am doing in One of the top most MNC as Sr software engineer.To improve my career I want to do MPhil on computers related one like Mphil on computer science.Pls let me know am I eligible to get the Mphil degree and which university is supporting these type of programs.and what is the time frames for these..!

20th July 2011, 07:17 PM
Unregistered

where can i have M.phil computer science entrance exam model question paper?

20th July 2011, 07:45 PM
Little.Star

where can i getM.phil computer science entrance exam model question papers?

21st July 2011, 04:41 PM
Unregistered

i want to join a correspondence mphil computer science please suggest some good universities

22nd July 2011, 04:20 AM
Unregistered

hi brothers...
nw i completed mca inthe acadamic year 2008-11. nw i feel do mpil.. bt university entrace test r closed.. pls guide me my further action..

22nd July 2011, 03:22 PM
Unregistered

Hi I have completed MSC[Computer Science] and simultaneous doing MCA in distance mode. I'm interested in doing Mphil and Phd. I would like to become professor.. I'm really in need of proper guidance.

5th August 2011, 12:24 PM
Unregistered

hi next year i want to apply M.Phil computer science department.So what can i do for apply M.Phil?Tell me procedure for that....

15th August 2011, 03:04 PM
Unregistered

is distance mphil not considered under the ugc laws?plz tell me the actual status of the same.....or what is best between regular & distance mphil if u want to become professor under proper ugc laws...any respone is hearlty welcomed.

1st September 2011, 06:02 PM
Unregistered

i am applying for m.phil/ph.d in my own university but te trouble is i am not able to understand how to prepare for it,nor i am able to get study material for same

14th October 2011, 01:17 PM
Unregistered

I have done MCA from IGNOU with 57 % in the year 2004.I want to pursue further studies .What are the best options available ?

28th January 2012, 10:40 PM
Rapchik007

2nd February 2012, 09:25 PM
Unregistered

hi..I m doing II yr mca..wishing to be a lecturer..is it good to do m.phil in regular mode or by distance education along with working?

3rd September 2013, 06:14 PM
Unregistered

Am doing M.Phil Computer science ..i have to do PHD is better or job line is better

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?