22nd July 2016, 09:26 PM
Unregistered

Is maths or science necessary for fashion designing course?

I have passed my ICSE exams with 74% and want to pursue my career in fashion designing. Would it be necessary to take science in class 12th? I took arts stream for now and took fashion designing as a subject. Is maths necessary? I would be glad if you forward me all details soon.

22nd July 2016, 11:15 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is maths or science necessary for fashion designing course?

The candidate who is interested to pursue a degree course in fashion designing must have completed 12th in any discipline with at least 50% marks from recognised University. Minimum age should not be less than 17 years.
As you student of Arts stream hence you are very much eligible for this course.
You have to appear in the Entrance Exam known as NIFT.
23rd July 2016, 01:54 AM
FRESHANSWERS
Senior Member+

Science stream(in class 12th) is not mandatory for pursuing fashion designing course. You simply have to qualify 12th standard in any stream for pursuing bachelor's degree in fashion designing. Also there is no compulsion to study mathematics in your intermediate. You can go for 12th without mathematics.
23rd July 2016, 01:41 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have passed my ICSE exams with 74% and want to pursue my career in fashion designing. Would it be necessary to take science in class 12th? I took arts stream for now and took fashion designing as a subject. Is maths necessary? I would be glad if you forward me all details soon.
For Technical courses like B.Ftech you need to have physics, chemistry and mathematics at 10+2 level. But for B.Des that is not the main prerequisite. Thus you need not worry.

One of the most famous entrance exam for fashion designing is NIFT. Full form of NIFT is National Institute of Fashion Technology. Usually in the month of February this exam is conducted every year.

B.Des and B.Ftech are the two courses on offer. As mentioned earlier to do B.Des in Fashion Design, Leather Design, Accessory Design, Textile Design, Knitwear Design and Fashion Communication then you need to pass higher secondary examination or its equivalent from a recognized institution.

On completing a diploma degree of three or four years' duration from an AICTE recognized institution or State Board Of Technical Education then also you are eligible to give this examination.

If you choose B.Des then you have to sit for the following exams:-
  • General Ability Test (GAT)
  • Creative Ability Test (CAT)
GAT Exam Pattern:-
  • Quantitative Ability
  • Communication Ability
  • English Comprehension
  • Business Domain Test
  • Analytical Ability
In the creative ability test generally your creative spontaneity will be put to test. Your creative talent, innovation, observational power all will be thoroughly checked and scrutinized.

Official Website: www.nift.ac.in/
23rd July 2016, 01:56 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for the admission in the Bachelor of Designing course after the 10+2 from recognised board.

The eligibility to get admission in B.Des course is :-

Candidate must have passed 10+2 from any recognised board.

Candidates must have minimum passing marks( for some university) in any discipline.

The maximum age limit to appear for examination is 25 years relaxation for reserved category.

So, you are eligible to appear for entrance examination to get admission in course. For more information about examination visit at www.nift.ac.in.
23rd July 2016, 02:27 PM
Pwg_31
Senior Member+

Its really nice that you want to be with your interest and not go with the common trend.
Coming to your question- NO, IT IS NOT AT ALL NECESSARY TO TAKE SCIENCE FOR MAKING A CAREER IN FASHION DESIGNING.

Do, not burden yourself with these subjects if you do not have interest because unnecessarily you will take these and then at the last you will have to carry them as luggage on your back for two years.

Since you have made up your mind already, so take those subjects which help you to pursue your dream. Arts is a good option. it will help in preserving the creative person in you which is much needed for a fashion designer.
After your intermediate you could do-

1) The Bachelors of Fashion Designing

2) Or you can do B.A in any stream and choose fashion designing as an additional option.

3) Diploma in fashion designing.

I would recommend you the first option because in the second and third one you will also have to pursue the Masters degree for a successful job.
23rd July 2016, 05:30 PM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Maths or science subjects are not necessary for fashion designing course.

Candidate required 10+2 or any equivalent course from recognised state board.

But candidate required computer knowledge skills and designing creativity.

So you can eligible to do fashion designing course.
23rd July 2016, 11:29 PM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

Maths is not compulsory for admission to fashion designing course. With arts stream , You can choose the course B.A.(Fashion Designing) as a fashion designing course.

B.A.(Fashion Designing) Eligibility
You must have passed (10+2) in any stream from a recognized board.

Top Fashion Designing Colleges In India
- International Institute of Fashion Technology , Chandigarh
- WLC College
- Symbiosis Institute of Fashion Design , Pine
- Vogue Institute of Fashion Design , Bangalore
- Pearl Academy , Delhi
- Global Institute of Fashion Technology , Kolkata
- B.D.Somani Institute of Art & Fashion Technology , Mumbai
- National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT)
- Indian Institute of Fashion Technology , Bangalore

Employment Areas In Fashion Designing
- Jewellery Houses
- Boutiques
- Fashion Media
- Leather Companies
- Textile Mills
- Garment Manufacturing Units
- Export Houses
6th December 2019, 07:56 AM
Unregistered

Which subjects are necessary in 11&12 if I want to be a fashion designer?
How long period is required for completing course of fashion designing?
Please provide all the details as soon as possible
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?