22nd July 2016, 09:53 PM
Unregistered

Is maths or science necessary for fashion designing course?

I have passed my ICSE exams with 74% and want to pursue my career in fashion designing. Would it be necessary to take science in class 12th? I took arts stream for now and took fashion designing as a subject. Is maths necessary? I would be glad if you forward me all details soon.

23rd July 2016, 12:34 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Is maths or science necessary for fashion designing course?

According to the eligibility criteria released by the UGC :

* The candidate should be a citizen of India.

* The candidate should have completed 12th through any stream under the scheme of 10+2 at least form a recognized board.

* The candidate should be of 17 years at least at the time of application.

* The candidate should be physically and medically fit.

So, no matter which graduation degree you pursue, you will be eligible for the course in fashion designing.
23rd July 2016, 01:14 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have passed my ICSE exams with 74% and want to pursue my career in fashion designing. Would it be necessary to take science in class 12th? I took arts stream for now and took fashion designing as a subject. Is maths necessary? I would be glad if you forward me all details soon.

NO, Mathematics or Science is not necessary for fashion designing course. The students who passed 10+2 with minimum 50% marks are eligible for B.Des (Fashion Design) course in Manipal University. The students are required to appear for Manipal University Design Aptitude Test (MDAT) conducted by the university. The duration of the test is 2 hours; it is a design aptitude test. The B.Des (Fashion Design) course is of four years duration. The course can also be studied in various institutions in India. The website link of Manipal University Click Here
23rd July 2016, 10:45 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

If you are going for bachelor degree in fashion technology then maths and science will be required according to NIFT entrance exam criteria.
If you are going for B.Des course which is a designing course in fashion field then any stream will work for you.
24th July 2016, 01:02 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

If, you are interested in pursuing Fashion Designing course you are eligible for the admission in it.

The eligibility for the admission in bachelor of fashion designing course is that the candidate must have passed 10+2 in any discipline.

But, you are not eligible for admission in B.F.Tech course if you do not have mathematics, physics and Chemistry in 10+2.

So, you are eligible for admission but have to qualify in NIFT entrance examination for the admission in NIFT.

For more information about the admission visit at www.nift.ac.in.
24th July 2016, 01:22 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

No, maths is not necessary to be opted in your +2 level of your education in order to opt for Fashion Designing course in future.

The minimum eligibility criteria in order to opt for the course is that the candidate should have completed their +2 standard with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?