26th March 2012, 08:44 PM
Unregistered

Maximum age for females to apply for government school? Can I pursue B.Ed with 47% marks in English Literature? I am 34 years old

i am 34 yrs old and presently working as a teacher i want to know the maximum age for females to apply for govt school.can i pursue b.ed with 47% marks in english literature

11th October 2012, 06:26 PM
Arjun Kumar Thakur

Default Re: Maximum age for females to apply for government school? Can I pursue B.Ed with 47% marks in English Literature? I am 34 years old

Dear,
mam maximum age limit for government jobs are same there is no special relaxtion. Pls check out this :
1. General candicate upto 21-27
2. ST/SC 5 yrs relaxation as compared with general.
3, OBC 3yrs relaxation as compare with general. This is only in the case of graduation. Yes mam you can persue your b.ed(bachelor in education) after your graduation only. There is no age citeria for for persuing b.ed.
11th October 2012, 08:32 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Maximum age for females to apply for government school? Can I pursue B.Ed with 47% marks in English Literature? I am 34 years old

Okay so you have two questions. Let me start with second one first. B.Ed is a course for teaching professionals. The full form of B.Ed is Bachelor of Education. If you are planning to apply for government teaching job then it is important to have B.Ed degree.

To apply for B.Ed degree you will need to have completed graduation degree. Depending on your graduation stream, you will given training to teach subjects in school. For example students of Arts are given training to teach subjects like History, geography, civics and languages.

Eligibility Criteria

1. Graduation degree in any stream from a recognized university.

2. At least 50 percent marks in graduation course.

3. OBC candidates need 45 percent marks.

4. SC/ST candidates need 40 percent marks.

5. Your educational pattern should be 10+2+3.

Now coming to second part of your question. If you want to become government teacher then you will either have to appear for CTET exam which stands for Central Teachers Eligibility Test or the state TET which is conducted by all the states separately.

As far as CTET is concerned there is no upper age liimt therefore you can apply. However in TET it depends from state to state. While some states do not have any upper age limit, there are states like Bihar that has set 40 years as maximum age limit for Female teachers to apply for the Bihar TET exam.

Eligibility

1. To teach Classes I-V, you need to pass 12th standard with 50 percent marks at 2 year Diploma in Elementary Education course.

2. To teach Class VI-VIII, a graduation degree in any stream from a recognized university.

3. A B.Ed degree from a recognized university is also mandatory.

4. At least 50 percent marks.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?