mpsharma

mca entrance

hi i want too about the detailales of mca entrance testt

13th November 2010, 10:36 AM
kool
Senior Member++

Default Re: mca entrance

dear friend,

For admission in MCA , The exam NIMCET is conducted for admission in all over India reputed college like several NITs.

Eligibility criteria for NIMCET is:

Indian Nationals securing 60% marks or 6.5/10 CGPA (55% or 6.0/10 CGPA for SC/ST) in each of the examinations of
(i) 12th level with Mathematics and

(ii) Bachelor’s Degree of Full time 3 year duration from a recognized University With any one of:
Mathematics
Statistics
Business Mathematics
Discrete Mathematics
Mathematical Foundations of Computer Science
Business Statistics
Computational Mathematics
Elementary Mathematics
Elementary Statistics

good luck.
27th November 2010, 09:15 PM
raja jeganathan

Post Re: mca entrance

NIMCET 2010 is the entrance exam for mca

Indian Nationals securing 60% marks or 6.5/10 CGPA (55% or 6.0/10 CGPA for SC/ST) in each of the examinations of

(i) 12th level with Mathematics and

(ii) Bachelor’s Degree of Full time 3 year duration from a recognized University With any one of

Mathematics
Statistics
Business Mathematics
Discrete Mathematics
Mathematical Foundations of Computer Science
Business Statistics
Computational Mathematics
Elementary Mathematics
Elementary Statistics
as one of the subjects. Those who have done Bridge Course in Mathematics are also eligible to apply. The percentage marks for (i) and (ii) above will be calculated on the basis of method used by respective Board / University. Students completing degree from Open Universities are also eligible to apply provided their course is approved by UGC/AICTE and Distance Education Council (DEC) of Govt. of India.

The candidates who are appearing for the qualifying examination are also eligible to apply for NIMCET10. Such candidates shall have to furnish the proof of fulfilling the eligibility criteria of NIMCET10 preferably at the time of Counselling/Admission but not later than 31st July, 2010, failing which, their admission may be cancelled by the respective NITs.

The State of Eligibility is the state from where the candidates passed/appeared for graduation.
3rd July 2011, 03:33 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

About which MCA entrance exam details you want??

because there are many entrance exams taking place all over India for MCA....

1) Maharashtra MAH MCA-CET -- it is the MCA Common Entrance Test in Maharashtra.

2) NIMCET -- it is the Entrance Exam for MCA in National Institutes of Technology (NITs).

3) AIMCET -- it is the Entrance Exam for MCA in IITs.

http://www.iitr.ac.in/

4) PU MCA -- it is the entrance exam for MCA in Pune university.

http://www.unipune.ac.in/
7th September 2011, 11:07 PM
tanmayeetripathy

HI,

MASTER OF COMPUTER APPLICATIONS (MCA) IS A THREE-YEAR (SIX SEMESTERS) PROFESSIONAL MASTER'S DEGREE WHICH WAS DESIGNED TO MEET THE GROWING DEMAND FOR QUALIFIED PROFESSIONALS IN THE FIELD OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (COMPUTER SOFTWARE).

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:

THE MCA COURSE PRE-REQUISITES DEMAND THAT THE STUDENT ENTERING MCA MUST BE

-A GRADUATE IN ANY DISCIPLINE WITH MATHEMATICS AS ONE OF THE SUBJECTS AT 10+2 LEVEL OR AT GRADUATION, WITH 5O% (45% IN CASE OF BACKWARD CLASS CANDIDATE AGGREGATE IN GRADUATION.

-SOME INSTITUTES EVEN RESTRICT IT TO A FIRST CLASS MATHS GRADUATE.

ENTRANCE EXAMS:-

DIFFERENT COLLEGES /UNIVERSITIES CONDUCT DIFFERENT MCA ENTRANCE EXAMS WHICH ARE AVAILABLE IN RESPECTIVE WEB-SITES.

• AIMCET (ALL INDIA MCA COMMON ENTRANCE TEST) WAS ALSO
CONDUCTED FOR IIT, ROORKEE. AT THE SAME TIME THERE ARE
SEPARATE TESTS FOR SEPARATE UNIVERSITIES / INSTITUTES ACROSS INDIA SUCH AS NIMCET, PUNE UNIVERSITY ENTRANCE EXAM, JNU-MCA etc..

-NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY MCA COMMON ENTRANCE TEST (NIMCET). THE ELIGIBLE CANDIDATES GET ADMISSION INTO THE VARIOUS INSTITUTES OF NIT. TO GET ADMISSION INTO MCA PROGRAM IN NIT, NIMCET IS MADE MANDATORY …

- ( JNU MCA) ENTRANCE EXAMINATION IS CARRIED OUT IN A NATIONAL BASIS AND HENCE A LARGE NUMBER OF ASPIRANTS ARE TAKING THIS EXAM EVERY YEAR.

• MOST OF THE MCA ENTRANCE TESTS ARE PURELY OBJECTIVE IN NATURE.

HOPE THIS HELPS YOU. GOOD LUCK
10th January 2012, 09:31 PM
Unregistered

my cgpa is 7.89 can u tell me what percentage i got?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?