13th January 2016, 12:51 PM
Unregistered

Detailed procedure and eligibility to study MCA for B.Com student? Should I appear in any entrance exam?

Hi,
Can I do MCA after my B.Com? There will be any difficult to do MCA course and what are the procedures to apply for MCA? Is there any entrance exam to join MCA?

14th January 2016, 01:57 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Detailed procedure and eligibility to study MCA for B.Com student? Should I appear in any entrance exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,
Can I do MCA after my B.Com? There will be any difficult to do MCA course and what are the procedures to apply for MCA? Is there any entrance exam to join MCA?
The procedure to join in MCA course involves you writing the entrance exam for it. MCA stands for Master of Computer Application and this course is of 3 years duration. There is a option for lateral entry scheme by which the duration of the course reduces by 1 year as you can get directly to 2nd year.

The eligibility needed for applying for the MCA course is that you should have completed a degree in any stream from a recognized university and added to that you should have studied mathematics as subject in your respected +2. If you satisfy this criteria then you are eligible as per the educational qualification. There is no age criteria for applying for this course.

Regarding the entrance exams, there are many entrance exams which are conducted for joining in MCA course and it is based on the university and state in which you are applying.

The top entrance exam which you can apply are:
  • AIMCET
  • BHU MCA
  • JECA MCA
  • JNU MCA
  • MHT CET MCA
  • NIMCET
  • RMCAAT
  • LUCSAT

You need to satisfy the eligibility criteria for the respected exam at the time of applying.
14th January 2016, 06:42 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Detailed procedure and eligibility to study MCA for B.Com student? Should I appear in any entrance exam?

For MCA you need maths at 12th level if you are a B.Com graduate. Admission will be based on the performance in the entrance exam conducted by the concerned university.
Just apply when there is a notification for MCA entrance exam. After applying you need to appear for entrance exam and rank will decide the college through counselling. These days online as well as offline application procedure is available.

Just make sure that you have 50% marks in graduation because most of the universities ask for this criteria. Some even ask for 60% marks in the degree qualification.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?