sir can i do Mch neurosurgery after completing my MS Anatomy degree

20th August 2017, 09:28 AM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Thumbs up Re: MCH Neurosurgery after MS ANATOMY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir can i do Mch neurosurgery after completing my MS Anatomy degree

Yes, you can go for M.CH Neurosurgery (Master of Chirurgias in Neurosurgery) after completing MS anatomy, Because for M.CH minimum qualification required is masters degree in related field and you have done your masters in anatomy. Here below are details regarding M.CH Neurosurgery:-

>> M.CH Neurosurgery deals with performing the surgery of Brain, Spinal cord, Peripheral nerves, Removing tumors, Treatment of wounds etc.

Eligibility Condition:- Minimum qualification required is masters or equivalent qualification in medical stream from government recognized institute with minimum 55% marks.

Duration of M.CH Neurosurgery Course:- Duration of post graduate M.Ch Neurosurgery Course is 5 years.

Major Subjects to be Studied in M.CH Neurosurgery:- Major subjects to be studied are Neuroanatomy, Neurophysiology, Neuropathology, Neuropharmacology, Neuroradiology, Fluid, Electrolytesand nutrition, General critical care, Infection, Cardiovascular surgery, Pain management, Paediatric neurosurgery, Spinal surgery, Stereotactic and functional neurosurgery etc.

List of Colleges/University Offers M.CH Neurosurgery:-

1). Gauhati Medical College and Hospital.(Assam).

2). Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research.(Chandigarh).

3). Goa University.(North Goa).

4). BJ Medical College.(Gujarat).

5). Baba Farid University of Health Sciences.(Punjab).

6). Guru Gobind Indraprastha University.(Delhi).

7). Dr. NTR University of Health Sciences.(Vijayawada).

Employment Area after M.CH Neurosurgery:-

:- Research Companies.

:- Hospitals.

:- Pharmaceutical Companies.

:- Colleges and Universities.

:- Government Organizations.
20th August 2017, 12:36 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: MCH Neurosurgery after MS ANATOMY

If you have completed MBBS and MS Anatomy- You can get into a direct 6 years MCH Neurosurgery program if you crack the entrance exam.

Typically, the 6 Year program is meant for students who have just completed their MBBS, but you would be eligible. You would not eligible for the 3 years program, since that requires an Ms in general surgery as an entry criterion.
20th August 2017, 02:32 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: MCH Neurosurgery after MS ANATOMY

I don't think so... The eligibility varies according to institutions. As far as I know MS general surgery and MBBS (6 Year course) are eligible.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?