2nd December 2010, 08:05 PM
Unregistered

Is Microbiology a good choice?

i m doing B.Sc. biotech and i want to change my stream i.e, want to join microbilogy in my M.Sc. is this wrong or right for my career??????????

Related Questions:
  1. Which course is good between M.Sc medical microbiology and clinical microbiology?
  2. Which courses are available for pursuing after completing B.Sc? Is M.Sc Microbiology a good career choice? -- [New]
  3. Is Medical Transcription or Microbiology a good choice to go for?
  4. Scope MSc in microbiology? is biotechnology much better than microbiology? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Which course is a better choice for me between Medical Microbiology and Nanotechnology being a candidate of pursuing Under Graduation in Microbiology? List of Institutions in Coimbatore offering these courses?
  6. Which is better between Microbiology and Biotechnology?
  7. Which Post graduation to do after BSc Microbiology? Medical microbiology, applied microbiology and clinical research?
  8. Which is better to study among Genetics and Microbiology in M.Sc for B.Sc(Microbiology) graduate?
  9. What is the salary for MSc Microbiology or Ph.D Microbiology? What are the different career options after MSc or Ph.D in Microbiology?
  10. Is there any vacancy present in a good company to do PhD in Microbiology?
  11. B.Sc or M.Sc in Microbiology has no value? BE in Microbiology from BHU is a good qualification?
  12. Is Microbiology a good choice?
  13. How to get a good job for microbiology after completing MSc Microbiology
  14. Topic for Mini Project and ideas about it?
  15. Can I get good job if study PG Diploma in Microbiology being a B.Sc graduate? Courses related to Microbiology available to study in PG Diploma?
  16. Eligibility for M.Sc(Microbiology) after B.Sc(Microbiology) and DMLT nearly 18 years ago? Subjects to be opted for M.Sc?
  17. What is the scope of B.Sc in Microbiology? Which PG course should I do after that?
  18. Which post graduation course to do after B.Sc Microbiology?
3rd December 2010, 12:49 PM
kvrob139
Senior Member++

Default Re: Is Microbiology a good choice?

Hi,

You can go ahead. It is more advanced field. Microbiology is researched actively, and the field is advancing continually. Recent research has suggested that microorganisms could be useful in the treatment of cancer.
So it will be a great career for you ahead in the future.
3rd December 2010, 12:54 PM
subhadeep.cse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i m doing B.Sc. biotech and i want to change my stream i.e, want to join microbilogy in my M.Sc. is this wrong or right for my career??????????
carrier is in your hand .If you think that you will perform well in microbiology rather than biotech then obviously this is the best choice.Just believe in yourself and do what you want to do.
thanks............
3rd December 2010, 08:06 PM
miniking

Dear friend,

I wont say it as the best choice. But reasonably a good option. There will not be that much differences in case of biotechnology and microbiology, why because biotechnology involves the use of microorganisms to produce human beneficial products.

I will suggest you to go for MBA Hospital Management
MBA pharmaceutical management
MSC biotechnology

The above courses will have good opportunities.

But if you have good interest and you are interested in some research in microbiology after msc then you can go
3rd December 2010, 08:50 PM
Pranjal Srivastav

Thumbs up Re: Is Microbiology a good choice?

Hi,

Yes definately this is the good option for the carrier if you want to make the carrier in this then u can. Good option in this field ok
Gud luck!
3rd December 2010, 09:04 PM
puja23

ya it is a good choice because both the subjects are related.... it will be surely very good for the career
3rd December 2010, 09:28 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Yes microbiology is a good option
if you have full interest you join.

Otherwise there are so many alternatives for you in the form of
msc-biochemistry
msc-biotechnology
msc-organic chemistry
msc-bioinformatics.

These will be good options
4th December 2010, 09:41 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Microbiology has huge career opportunity in India as well as abroad. Students can go for Ph.D and Post doctoral studies after Microbiology. With microbiology one can get in to careers like teaching, research and development, private and government organizations etc. Microbiologist can also opt for self employment, like setting up laboratories. There are wide options available and it is up to the students to make it real.
5th December 2010, 07:59 AM
asahu47
Senior Member+++

hii
Is Microbiology a good choice

It is more advanced field. Microbiology is researched actively, and the field is advancing continually. Recent research has suggested that microorganisms could be useful in the treatment of cancer.

good luck.
5th December 2010, 09:11 AM
Unregistered

i have done MSc microbiology under corespondence , i am looking for job opportunities. how can i find a suitable job
15th January 2011, 01:10 PM
Unregistered

can a bsc with chemistry or physics student do msc microbiology?
15th January 2011, 11:30 PM
dreksha chaudhary
Senior Member+++

Dear friend,

There is no doubt in that microbiology is a good choice.

It is a advance technology. IT has a very wide scope in India as well as in Foreign.

A lot of researches is on in this field.

The main moto of microbiology is to increase the utility of microorganisms.

The fields of microbiology are biochemistry,, biotechnology, organic chemistry,
bioinformatics and etc.

All the best.
27th January 2011, 05:38 PM
Unregistered

what about bioinfomatics i heard, it is a computer base programme. is anyone know what are the career prospect reagrding this field?
22nd February 2011, 10:33 PM
Unregistered

I m zoology graduate.can i join bio tech ?wat about its job prospects!
27th February 2011, 02:28 AM
wagle
Senior Member+

hello my dear,

microbiology is a good choice.

It is a advance technology. IT has a very wide scope in India as well as in Foreign.
lot of researches is on in this field.

The main moto of microbiology is to increase the utility of microorganisms.

M. SC. in -
biochemistry
biotechnology
organic chemistry
bioinformatics.

These will be good options
8th April 2011, 01:10 PM
Unregistered

sir,i have finished m.sc biotechnology...........did there any procedure for getting a job in abroad.......
1st May 2011, 05:10 PM
Unregistered

Hai, i have completed Msc and Mphil in microbiology, also am planning to go for General MBA. According to me, when a person wants to go Lecturer, Microbiology will b the best option but they must complete PHD after doing Msc. or the next option is that they should go for MBA.
15th May 2011, 07:47 PM
Unregistered

what kind of jobs will i get after msc.microbiology?
18th May 2011, 03:02 PM
united india

The main difference between Microbiology and Biotechnology is Microbiology focus into prevetion and treatment of diseases by studying bacterias, fungi and viruses whereas, Biotechnology relates engineering, technology and medicines in finding the biological process of microbes.

Although there is no harm in switching your stream but, I would suggest you to stick with your current subject i.e., biotechnology as you are already doing your graduation in this field.

The career prospects for both the fields are very good. Though Microbiology heads biotechnology with a very slight margin, the future prospects for biotechnology is also very execellent and will give your cv a weight once you do a PhD in biotechnology followed by a M.Sc.
24th May 2011, 03:48 PM
Unregistered

is microbiology a good career option??
24th May 2011, 03:50 PM
Unregistered

is microbiology a good career option? im confused between microbiology and biomedical science.. which will b a good one? i have paasd 12th dis yr..
13th August 2011, 08:05 AM
DN358
Banned

I wont say it as the best choice. But reasonably a good option. There will not be that much differences in case of biotechnology and microbiology, why because biotechnology involves the use of microorganisms to produce human beneficial products.

I will suggest you to go for MBA Hospital Management
MBA pharmaceutical management
MSC biotechnology

The above courses will have good opportunities.

But if you have good interest and you are interested in some research in microbiology after msc then you can go.
6th September 2011, 12:05 AM
manoj rajpurohit

Yes my dear friend microbiology is a good choice for you, by this course you will study about:-
micro chemistry
micro formetics
and the biotechnology.

I want to suggest you that you can also go for the MBA, because it will be very good for you in the future. MBA is a degree of the business management. that is a better scope for you in this field. then choice is yours.

best of luck.
7th April 2013, 07:24 AM
Unregistered

I do not suggest studying microbiology since there is not good job offer in market. Even you find a job the salary is very low. I would suggest analytical chemistry, pharmaceutical, drug discovery and all fields related to health or computer programing.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?