7th October 2011, 08:11 PM
pooja ty

Minimum percentage required for CAT or MAT and UP university entrance exam?

I got 48% in my graduation. I want to do MBA through CAT, MAT enterance. What is minimum percentage require for cat or mat and IP university enterance exam? Pls reply soon

16th October 2011, 02:28 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Minimum percentage required for CAT or MAT and UP university entrance exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooja ty View Post
I got 48% in my graduation. I want to do MBA through CAT, MAT enterance. What is minimum percentage require for cat or mat and IP university enterance exam? Pls reply soon
MBA Stands for Master in Business Administration and the duration of this course was 2 Years and the course was divided into 4 semester.

To apply for This course you need to complete your Graduation in any discipline form a recognised University with minimum 50% marks.

The admission are based on entrance Examination Like CAT/MAT Examination and examination conducted by Other Universities.

CAT : Common Admission Test, You are Not eligible for CAT Examination because for this examination , you have to scored minimum 50% marks in your Graduation, But you have fail to scored more than 50% marks in your Graduation, so you are not eligible to apply for CAT Examination.

You are Also not eligible to apply for IP University Entrance Examination because for this examination, you have to complete your Graduation in any discipline with a minimum of 50% in aggregate in all the semesters of the graduation with English as a compulsory subject in 12Th examination.

MAT : Management Aptitude test.

You are only eligible to apply for MAT Entrance examination, because for this examination you have to complete your Graduate degree course in any discipline form a recognised University, There is No Need to scored any minimum percentage is required to apply for MAT Examination.

But you have scored less than 50% marks in your Graduation, then you will face problem when you are going for Admission, But please don't worry Just apply for MAT Examination and scored good marks, And I hope then you will get admission in MBA Course And for More Information please check the official website.

http://www.aima-ind.org
15th November 2011, 11:37 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Minimum percentage required for CAT or MAT and UP university entrance exam?

how much % do i need to score in 3rd year so that i can be eligible to give entrance for mat..???
11th January 2012, 10:18 PM
Unregistered

my score in CAT is aggregate 72. can i apply in IIM college for doing MBA?
11th April 2012, 12:49 AM
Unregistered

i m in b.tech 3rd year(6th sem) and i want to prepare for cat.can u tell me what book should i refer and for which subject.please help me
10th July 2012, 10:20 PM
Unregistered

my score in CAT is aggregate 72. can i apply in IIM college for doing MBA
11th July 2012, 12:40 AM
martha.anjaneyulu
Senior Member+++

Quote:
HI!
I am sorry to say that you are not eligible for C.A.T, M.A.T and I.P University after passing graduation with 48% marks.

Friend I want to inform you that for for C.A.T, M.A.T you have to score minimum 50% marks. For ST/SC candidate minimum 45% marks is required.

So you can do other courses or you can do M.B.A through distance education.

Some university offering this curse are:-
> Manipal university
> S.R.M University

ALL THE BEST!
28th August 2012, 03:01 PM
Unregistered

I scored 50% in 2nd year of graduation this yr.can i appear for CAT? plzzzz rply............
16th March 2013, 07:12 AM
Unregistered

I m a commerce student got 52% in my 12th nd 53% in my b.com (correspondance frm du)
M I eligible fr cat , Ipu?
20th April 2013, 10:51 AM
Unregistered

i hav written my degree final year exams in 2013 march-april.
i think i wil b failed in one or two subjects..
but i want to do MBA through CAT/MAT.
then we hav suplly exams in between october-november...
that result wil be given in january month of 2014..
if i get passed in 2014 result i can get 55-60%.....
so am i eligible for CAT and can i apply for CAT 2013(october month) entrance exam..
please give me the details of CAT exam and what the process be for me
20th April 2013, 11:02 AM
Unregistered

i have written my degree final year exams in 2013 march-april.
but i think i will be failed in some subjects.....
i want to do MBA through CAT......
we have supply exams in october-november month of 2013 and the result will be given in january month of 2014.....
if i get passed in supply exams then i could get 55-60%.
so am i eligible to apply CAT entrance exam 2013(october)....
how to get a seat in good colleges through CAT n what are the requirements for me....
please give me the details of CAT exam top colleges list
24th April 2013, 09:01 PM
Unregistered

is there any stream specialy required for giving this exam in graduation
25th April 2013, 11:18 AM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I m a commerce student got 52% in my 12th nd 53% in my b.com (correspondance frm du)
M I eligible fr cat , Ipu?
YES, you are eligible to give the CAT exams.
CAT exams are conducted by IIM.
CAT is an MBA written tests

CAT- Minimum Eligibilty is Graduation pass with minimum 50% marks for general and OBC candidates and 50% marks for the SC/ST candidates.

Apart from CAT other MBA written Tests that you can appear are:

MAT- Minimum Eligibilty to apply is Graduation pass.This test is conducted by AIMA.

SNAP- This exam is conducted by Symbiosis, Minimum Eligibilty is Graduation pass with minimum 50% marks.

XAT- Minimum Eligibilty is Graduation pass
10th July 2013, 11:11 AM
No 1
Senior Member+

Hi..............
Friends,

CAT eligibility Criteria like ::
=================

*** The candidates must be complete graduation degree in any recognized university

*** Your graduation degree with minimum 50 % of marks

*** For SC / ST candidates 45 % of marks

*** The Final year candidates are eligible for this exam

*** No age limit.

All the best...............
10th July 2013, 09:04 PM
megayounus786

Quote:
CAT Eligibility

The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA [45% in case of the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Differently Abled (DA) (It may also referred to as Persons with Disability (PWD) category)], awarded by any of the Universities incorporated by an act of the central or state legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India. The percentage of marks obtained by the candidate in the bachelor’s degree would be calculated based on the practice followed by the university/institution from where the candidate has obtained the degree. In case the candidates are awarded grades/CGPA instead of marks, the conversion of grades/CGPA to percentage of marks would be based on the procedure certified by the university/ institution from where they have obtained the bachelor’s degree. In case the university/ institution does not have any scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by dividing the candidate’s CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the result with 100. Candidates appearing for the final year of bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed degree requirements and are awaiting results can also apply. If selected, such candidates will be allowed to join the programme provisionally, only if he/she submits a certificate latest by June 30, 2013 from the Principal/Registrar of his/her College/Institute (issued on or before June 30, 2013) stating that the candidate has completed all the requirements for obtaining the bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification on the date of the issue of the certificate. IIMs may verify eligibility at various stages of the selection process, the details of which are provided at the website www.catiim.in. Applicants should note that the mere fulfillment of minimum eligibility criteria will not ensure consideration for shortlisting by IIMs.
Prospective candidates must maintain a valid and unique email account and a phone number throughout the selection process.

Reservations

As per the Government of India requirements, 15% of the seats are reserved for Scheduled Caste (SC) and 7½% for Scheduled Tribe (ST) candidates. 27% of seats are reserved for Other Backward Classes candidates belonging to the “non-creamy” layer (NC-OBC).
For an updated central list of state-wise OBCs eligible for availing the benefit of reservation and information in respect of the creamy layer visit the website http://www.ncbc.nic.in. In case of NC-OBC category, the castes included in Central List (available at http://www.ncbc.nic.in/Centrallistifobc.html) of NC-OBC by the National Commission of Backward Classes, Government of India as on September 19, 2012 (Last day of registration) will be used. Any subsequent changes will not be effective for CAT2012.
As per the provision under section 39 of the PWD Act, 1995, 3% seats are reserved for Differently Abled (DA) candidates. The three categories of disability are: a) low-vision/blindness, b) hearing impairment, and c) locomotor disability/cerebral palsy. This provision is applicable if the candidate suffers from any of the listed disabilities to the extent of not less than 40%, as certified by a medical authority as prescribed and explained in the said Act.
The candidates belonging to categories for which seats are reserved need to note and read the eligibility requirements carefully before applying. It should be noted that while it is the endeavour of IIMs that the candidates belonging to SC/ST/PWD/Non-Creamy OBC categories join the Programme in proportions mandated by the law, they have to meet the minimum eligibility criteria and a certain minimum level of performance in the admission process. The candidates should read carefully the description of admission process followed by each IIM on their respective websites. No change in the category will be entertained after the closure of registration window; hence, the applicants are advised to give attention while registering.

Note for SC/ST, NC-OBC, and DA Candidates

If you belong to SC or ST categories, your caste/tribe must be listed in the Government of India schedule. The caste certificate that you send to IIM should be in the Government approved format and should clearly state: (a) Name of your caste/tribe; (b) Whether you belong to Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribe; (c) District and the State or Union Territory of your ordinary residence; and (d) the appropriate Government of India schedule under which your caste/tribe is approved by it as Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribe. A copy of the certificate must be sent to CAT Centre, C/O Admissions Office, Indian Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode, IIM Kozhikode Campus P.O., Kunnamangalam, Kozhikode- 673 570, Kerala, INDIA. Mention the Voucher Serial Number on the certificate. Failure to produce a copy of the caste certificate will result in the rejection of your CAT registration.

The caste certificate must be shown and a photocopy enclosed at the time of interviews. Moreover, the caste certificate must be submitted at the time of joining programmes of any of the IIMs.

If you belong to the Non-Creamy Other Backward Classes (NC-OBC), you must produce the NC-OBC certificate duly signed by competent authority and enclose its photocopy at the time of interviews. Moreover, the certificate must be submitted at the time of joining programmes of any of the IIMs. Failure to do so during the post CAT selection process will result in you not being considered under the reserved category.

The DA certificate must be shown and a photocopy enclosed at the time of interviews. Moreover, the DA certificate must be submitted at the time of joining programmes of any of the IIMs.
11th July 2013, 07:39 PM

Here are the list of different Entrance Exam for admission to management
Progamme

S. No. Entrance Exam Institute Eligibility Tentative Month Website
1 CAT Indian Institute of Management 50% in Graduation November www.catiim.in
2 IRMA Institute of Rural Management Anand 50% in Graduation November www.irma.ac.in
3 IIFT Indian Institute of Foreign Trade 50% in Graduation November www.iift.edu
4 MAT All India Management Association Graduation in any Discipline September, December, February & May www.aima-ind.org
5 SNAP Symbiosis International University 50% in Graduation(regular degree) December www.snaptest.org
6 IBSAT ICFAI 50% in Graduation December www.ibsat.org
7 NMAT NMIMS 50% in Graduation December www.nmims.edu
8 XAT XLRI, Jamshedpur 50% in Graduation January www.xlri.ac.in
9 TISS Tata Institute of Social Sciences Graduation in any Discipline January www.tiss.edu
10 ATMA Association of Indian Management Studies 50% in Graduation February www.atma-aims.org
11 CMAT AICTE 50% in Graduation February www.aicte-cmat.in

National Level Tests
S. No. Entrance Exam Institute Eligibility Tentative Month Website
1 MAH-CET Directorate of Technical Education, Maharashtra State 45% in Graduation in any discipline February/March www.dte.org.in
2 CUSAT Cochin University of Science and Technology Graduation in any Discipline June www.cusat.nic.in
3 PAM-CAT GNDU, Amritsar / PTU, Jalandhar / Punjbai University, Patiala Graduation in any Discipline June/July www.gndu.ac.in
www.punjabiuniversity.ac.in
www.ptu.ac.in
4 MET-MP MADHYA PRADESH PROFESSIONAL EXAMINATION BOARD 50% in Graduation July www.vyapam.nic.in/
5 TANCET Anna University, Chennai Graduation in any Discipline May www.annauniv.edu/
6 OCET Punjab University, Chandigarh Different Eligibility for Different course June www.puchd.ac.in
7 UP-SEE UP Technical University 45% in Graduation in any discipline April www.uptu.nic.in
8 Orissa JEE Orissa JEE Graduation in any Discipline May www.jeeorissa.com
9 GCET Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board 50% in Graduation July -
10 KMAT KARNATAKA PRIVATE POST-GRADUATE COLLEGES' ASSOCIATION Graduation in any Discipline July www.kmat-2008.com
11 RMAT Rajasthan Technical University 50% in Graduation June www.rtu.ac.in/rmat/
12 UPMCAT Uttar Pradesh Technical University Graduation in any Discipline May
11th July 2013, 09:57 PM
harishbanu

Hai, you want to know about eligibility of entrance exams.
CAT:-
The candidate should have a bachelor degree with 50% average percentage , if SC/ST/DA/PWD then 45% percentage is required.
MAT:-
The candidate should have bachelor degree or continuing fourth year students also can appear this exam no need of percentage here.
UP university entrance exam:-
The candidate should have bachelor degree with 60% of average percentage.
7th March 2015, 09:27 PM
Unregistered

I have an 45% in degree iam also an obc catagory if there is any choise to apply mat exam
29th May 2015, 10:58 AM
Unregistered

I have passed my B.com with 46% marks and am physically handicapped, Am i eligible to appear for CMAT?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?