18th July 2012, 12:47 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to join MBA course having scored 49.5% of marks in Degree?

I got 49.5% marks in degree. But I Want to Do MBA. Possible or not

18th July 2012, 06:06 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join MBA course having scored 49.5% of marks in Degree?

Yes you are definitely eligible to join MBA course however it purely depends on your performance in the entrance exams. MBA stands for Masters in Business Administration. There are several entrance exams in India conducted by various institutes. You will have to appear in one of these exams and pass it before you can get admission in MBA institute.

I guess you asked this question because of the eligibility criteria of CAT exam. CAT which stands of Common Admission Test is for admission in Indian Institute of Management for MBA course. However to be eligible for appearing in CAT, every candidate is required to score at least 50 percent marks in the graduation course.

If candidate belongs to reserve category then 45 percent would be suffice. Unfortunately in your case you fail to make the cut to appear in CAT entrance exam.

But this is not the end of the world. There is another very popular entrance exam for MBA course called Management Aptitude Test (MAT). Those who have scored low in their graduation degree can appear in MAT exam. Several universities across the country accept MAT score for giving admission for MBA course.

Some of these universities are considered to be very reputed. The great thing around MAT is that you are not required to secure a minimum percentage to appear in the exam. As long as you have completed a graduation course, you are eligible to appear in the exam.

There are several other National level entrace exams for MBA. However exams like

IRMA

IIFT

SNAP

IBSAT

NMAT

XAT

and ATMA requires MBA aspirants to have secured at least 50 percent marks in the Bachelor's course.

On the other hand the eligibility for JMET and TISS exam depends on the course and institute.

Other exams where you can appear in are:

MAH-CET

CUSAT

PAM-CAT

TANCET

OCET

UP-SEE

Orissa JEE

KMAT

UPMCAT
18th July 2012, 06:17 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join MBA course having scored 49.5% of marks in Degree?

hi,

To get in to good colleges,you have to be topper in many exams available for MBA such as CAT,GMAT,XAT etc.Expenses will be according to your marks.You can get full details in the website given below.
http://www.indianmba.com
18th July 2012, 08:16 PM
NEETATRIPATHI92

Respected sir/mam,

the graduates having minimum 55% can only apply for MBA courses
don't worry this is require foe aspirants who want to to MBA by any entrance Exam like

1)CAT
2)CMAT
3)IIFT
4)MAH-MBA
5)NMAT
6)XAT
7)TISS

Aspirants having Graduation from any background can apply for this post

good thing about this is that ,there is no age limit

But, do not worry you can also take direct admission in various instituions in INDIA like

Faculty of management studies
Indian institute of foreign trade
Indian institute of Management's
Xavier institute of management
Xavier labor research institute

ALL the Best

go ahead there are various opportunity waiting for you
18th July 2012, 08:40 PM
nikhu99

Dear friend ,

As you completed your degree , Yes you can eligible for MBA(Master in Business Administration) . There are many national exams for MBA.Out of these i have some of them given as under.....

*IIFT

*IBSAT

*XAT

*IRMA

*SNAP

For such exam you can appear with minimum 50% with your graduation.For reserve categary percentage will be 45%.Means your joining for MBA depends upon your national exams scores as i have mentioned above.

Good luck and All the best..................
18th July 2012, 11:46 PM
sahiljain12

Smile Re: Am I eligible to join MBA course having scored 49.5% of marks in Degree?

HI FRIEND,

I am so sorry to inform you that you are not eligible to appear in CAT exam which is considered as the best entrance exam for MBA however you can apply for MAt exam.

CAT Eligibility Criteria

The applicants must have a Bachelor’s Degree, with 50% aggregate marks or equivalent CGPA[45% for Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Differently Abled (DA), PWD category applicants
Applicants appearing for the final year of bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed degree requirements and are awaiting results can also apply
AGE- 21 to 30 years

MAt Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who want to appear in MAT 2012 should be minimum a graduated from an acclaimed university.
Final year students can also apply
There is no minimum age limit and also no any marks requirement

With Regards

JAIN.
19th July 2012, 12:04 AM
lakshmi dhana

YES YOU ARE ELIGIBLE TO JOIN MBA.....IF YOU CRACK MBA ENTRANCE EXAMS....

It depends on your score in various MBA Entrance exams like

IRMA

IIFT

SNAP

IBSAT

NMAT

XAT

CAT

ELIGIBILITY TO APPEAR FOR MBA ENTRANCE EXAMS: is that you possess atleast 50% in

your graduation.......so appear for the exams....crack it and get a chance to pursue MBA

at top institutes......

GOOD LUCK!!!!
19th July 2012, 12:27 AM
lakshmi dhana

YES YOU ARE ELIGIBLE TO JOIN MBA.....IF YOU CRACK MBA ENTRANCE EXAMS....

It depends on your score in various MBA Entrance exams like

IRMA

IIFT

SNAP

IBSAT

NMAT

XAT

CAT

ELIGIBILITY TO APPEAR FOR MBA ENTRANCE EXAMS: is that you possess atleast 50% in

your graduation.......so appear for the exams....crack it and get a chance to pursue MBA

at top institutes......

GOOD LUCK!!!!
19th July 2012, 01:10 AM
rathoreanita100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I got 49.5% marks in degree. But I Want to Do MBA. Possible or not
yes you are eligible to apply for mba.first fight the entrance exam i.e cat mat [if you belong from sc and st]and if not then also simultaneously try in the other colleges for direct admission.
19th July 2012, 12:06 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

There are a list of entrance exams you can give to pursue MBA. Out of which the most popular one is CAT as you must be knowing it.

To sit for this exam one needs to have minimum 50% of marks at graduation level. Since you do not have that so unfortunately you are not eligible to sit for this exam.

Likewise you are not eligible to sit for the SNAP exam as well as they too demands the same percentage at graduation level.

But there are a list of other MBA entrance exams you can look forward to like: MAT, XAT, SNAP, ATMA, JMET, NMAT etc.

If you just pass at graduation level then you are eligible to sit for the MAT exam since there is no pressure of maintaining a certain marks here.

There is no age criteria as well and final year students can also apply for this exam.

MAT Exam Pattern:

For XAT likewise you need to have a bachelor's degree and even for this exam there is no proper age limit as well. A minimum of 5 years work experience is required for XAT.

XAT Exam Pattern:

I. Analytical Reasoning & Decision Making
II. Verbal ability & logical reasoning
III. Data Interpretation & Quantitative Ability

Top MBA Colleges:

19th July 2012, 09:48 PM
Unregistered

sir
if i gotmore than55% marks in inter but less than55% in graduation can i able to give the bank po exam?
20th July 2012, 11:43 PM
jacobs
Senior Member++++

Dear friend,
You have scored 490% marks in Graduation
But you do need to panic at all
there is no percentage criteria

For MBA you must go through one of these entrance exam.

1.CAT
2.MAT
3.GMAT

Here are some colleges for MBA
You can take a look at these colleges

LIST OF TOP MBA COLLEGES :

ALLIANCE

IRM,manasarover

BIMTECH

Welingkars

Amity

SCMS cochin

Sri shiengri

NIILM

IMS ramaiah,bangalore

EMPI

All the best...........
22nd February 2014, 06:56 PM
Unregistered

Hi i am Reena.
My question is now a days we see in the newspapers that there is a demand in stock market and there is loss loss in the organisation, henceforth MBA course value has reduced, is it true? and so many candidates one who finished MBA, get very low salary and is there is a risk in future for MBA. Plz give me the answer.
Thanking You.
23rd February 2014, 08:38 AM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

MBA stands for Master of Business Administration. This is a 2 year Post Graduate Program in Management field being offered by number of colleges in India.

Here is the required eligibility criteria for the candidates to join this course.

One should have completed Graduation with any of the stream with a minimum of 50% of marks.

Relaxation is there in percentage of marks upto 5% for the candidates of SC or ST category.

There is no upper age limit required for the candidates to join this course.

The admission will be given on the basis of performance in the Entrance Exam.

Some of the popular Entrance Exams are
CAT
MAT
GMAT
XAT etc.

In addition there are some national wide Entrance Exams to join MBA course.

As you have secured only 49.5% of marks in Graduation, you are eligible for all the Entrance Exams if you are a candidate from SC or ST category.

If you are not a SC or ST candidate, then I suggest you to apply for MAT Exam.

There is no percentage of marks criteria required for the candidates to apply for MAT Exam.

This Exam is being conducted 4 times in a year.

So, know the exam pattern for MAT Exam and start preparation.

If you get good score in MAT Exam, there is a chance for you to be placed in B-Schools.

You will easily get job opportunities after completion of MBA from B-Schools.

Wish you all the best.
10th January 2018, 11:48 AM
Unregistered

I HAVE SCORED 51% IN FINAL YEAR BUT AGGREGATE OF GRADUATION DEGREE ITS SHOWING 49.17% & I WANT TO DO MBA, SO M I ELIGIBLE?
24th August 2019, 03:53 PM
Unregistered

I have scored 48.33% in degree and I am general category will I get admission into MBA in management quota
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?