18th February 2016, 02:08 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for CAT with less than 50% aggregate for BCA final year student?

Respected Sir,
I am studying in final year of BCA and I am preparing for CAT. But I have scored less than 50% aggregate till now. So, I am eligible to apply for CAT? Kindly help me to know about this.

19th February 2016, 10:23 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for CAT with less than 50% aggregate for BCA final year student?

Eligibility Criteria Required to Apply for CAT Examination:

Whether you are eligible for appearing in CAT Exam or not basically depends on your Caste Category. Yes, as you have scored less percentage in graduation we need to look upto for the Caste category. Here is the basic minimum percentage criteria for CAT Examination.

Minimum Qualification Required:

* The minimum qualification required to be eligible for appearing in CAT Entrance Examination is "Graduate Degree" or a Bachelor Degree from a recognized university.

Minimum Percentage Required:

* For SC/ ST/ PWD Candidates - Minimum 45% marks in Graduation

* For All Other Candidates - Minimum 50% marks in Graduation

If you belong to SC/ ST/ PWD then you may be eligible for CAT with less than 50% marks in Graduation. In other case, if you belong to General or OBC then you are not eligible to apply.
19th February 2016, 12:05 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for CAT with less than 50% aggregate for BCA final year student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir,
I am studying in final year of BCA and I am preparing for CAT. But I have scored less than 50% aggregate till now. So, I am eligible to apply for CAT? Kindly help me to know about this.
No, you are not eligible for CAT entrance exam.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized with above 50% marks are eligible for CAT exam. Final year students are eligible for CAT exam.

So you can try to covered 50% marks in graduation degree to attend in CAT entrance exam.
19th February 2016, 08:53 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

No, with less than 50% marks in degree you can't apply for CAT. Only reserved category candidates with less than 50% marks after 5% relaxation can apply for this exam.

Hence, if you belong to general category then you don't have any chance with less than 50% marks in BCA. You can try GMAT.
19th February 2016, 10:12 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

To be eligible to apply for CAT examination, you must have completed Bachelor's degree in any discipline with minimum aggregate of 50% (45% for SC/ ST) marks from a recognised university. Since, you have secured less than 50% aggregate marks in your BCA course, you are eligible to appear in CAT examination only if you belong to SC/ST category else, you are not eligible to appear in CAT examination.
19th February 2016, 11:23 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Yes, final year candidates are eligible to appear for CAT examination. CAT stands for Common admission Test and it is conducted by IIM every year.

The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed graduation from recognised university and must have minimum 50% aggregate in graduation degree relaxation for reserved category.

So, you need to work hard to score more than 50% aggregate in final year examination. For more information about examination visit at http://www.iimcat.ac.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?